Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

This thread finally pushed me to but the Dzus fasteners to make sure mine stays secured. With my luck I'd probably end up in the same boat, even with the new style side panel.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

I keep mine lubricated with o ring lube and never had this problem. They wear out because they are dry/torn from not being lubricated.push/pull tears them..................never lost one and never will - these are useless once they are damaged or dried out, lubricant keeps them soft like there supposed to be.

Still laughing about the OP's story though man bad luck for sure!
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rugercharger View Post
    I know from reading on this forum about some people losing their side panel. so i always made sure that mine was always seated firmly into the rubber grommets. so...... off i go on a ride. going about 75 or so. i got to my destination. got off the spyder. took off my helmet, and "MY SIDE PANEL ON THE LEFT SIDE, THE ONE EVERYONE REMOVES TO CHECK OIL........GONE!!!
    so this side panel could be anywhere on this 26 mile stretch. i packed up,got back on and started on my return trip. I am going about 50 55 mph to maintain a decent speed for the other vehicles.
    i am looking into the median and the westbound lanes... "BAM" as i look in front of me there it is, right in the middle of my lane, no time for a maneuver, tried to miss it going over it, guess what this is a spyder rear wheel in the middle.....crunch! the split second i saw it, it looked pretty good. NOT NOW.
    anyone have any advice on securing this panel?:
    the dealer that i deal with does say that the grommets wear out and get replaced. well thats fine. i can understand this especially when it pertains to the cover that is removed alot. BUT!!! I am not willing to risk this again. this will be approximatly a 300.00 incident. i will be replacing the grommets with new ones and i will be securing these covers. i have been fine with no inicident until i hit the highway on a windy day going 75mph. also this panel for my spyder has been discontinued. i did find it on the web.

Spyder Garage

When in doubt, 100 mile an hour tape
    mt792-2.jpg
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome