Spyder Garage

Default Adventure Ride Report

I have reported on here before that my Rally has never let me down and never got me stuck. Well, it still hasn't let me down but I can no longer say I haven't got stuck! I took my brother-in-law (he also has a Rally) to a place I had found that I had some fun at before. The dirt road kind of goes down to more of a trail than road, then to a downhill section that has washed out till it is no longer passable by a car or truck. I have found a way to wind down thru it and have done so about 5 times. Well, apparently it had been drier when I did it before because about half way down I slid off to the side and got STUCK. The rear tire dug down till it was resting on the drive shaft housing, the bike was angled uphill, the middle of the bike was resting on the ground and the right front tire was dangling in the air about 6" off the ground! We pulled and pushed and tried lifting and couldn't budge it an inch. So I went back to the house and trailered my side by side with a winch over there. Had to park about 1/2 mile away, was as close as the truck could get. Come in on the downhill side with the side by side and had to park it about 40' away, close as I could get and have firm ground. Hooked a 20' strap to the bike. Thankfully I had installed a grill guard on the front and hooked the strap to it because I couldn't see a way to "safely" hook up that wouldn't have maybe bent something. Pulled the winch out and hooked up. He just put some good tension on the winch and I got on it and give it some gas (in Rally mode) and she drove right out of it! A little stressed at the time but looking back, since everything turned out good, it was a fun adventure (although I have decided to not try it again, especially by myself). Anyway, had to share. One more thing, I got stuck around 5:30 PM at dusk, so all the 'rescue' took place after dark AND my BIL said he was 'checked out' by a pack of coyotes on a ledge about 30' away while he was waiting in the dark for me to return! Having fun in Texas, hope you're enjoying your Ryker like I am where ever you are.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that all turned out well.

Good information to think about.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I had a similar experience back in September while touring North Carolina.Took a wrong turn and went to turn around on a narrow road so I had to get the front tires off the road into what looked like grass but turned out to be mud underneath the grass.Bike vwas instantly sucked into this mud ,RF up to hub and rear down to the hub.A bunch of people stopped to help but there is hardly anywhere to pull or push on a RT.Finally a guy with a Suzuki Samarui hooked a rope to my left upper control arm and pulled it out.Bike was a total muddy mess and had to be pressure washed clean.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

If everything is successful every time it is not an adventure. At least now we know what the limit is.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What a great adventure! Taking it to the max.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Now we know mud is not Ryker friendly. Glad all worked out for the OP