Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tire stuff for those who care

Spyder Garage

I have caught CR pulling too many fast ones that I can not trust what they print. As I type this, our car is getting a set of Nokian four season tires. I was going to get Michelins, they said Michelins are a good tire, but everyone there said they are fans of Nokian and noticed a difference.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up I care-----

Thanks Spec,
    Glad to see the General and Vredestein are well ranked for the tries we might use on our 's

Lew L
    Last edited by Lew L; 11-12-2019 at 02:19 PM. Reason: speelling
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Thanks Spec,
    Glad to see the General and tires are Vredestein well ranked for the tries we might use on our 's

Lew L
    .... Although Winter tires aren't something we normally need, it's interesting to note that the Quatrac -5 is an all-season tire and actually does very well in snow …… I realize there are some incredible tires being made today ….. our issue is " do they come in sizes we can use ". Years and years ago I started recommending the Altimax RT43, then I added the new Defender T&H, and right now the Vredestein Quatrac 5 ( I know this tire, for some reason, doesn't perform well on a JEEP, but who cares ) ….. nice report from CR - thanks for sharing SPECTACULAR SPYDERMAN ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

In my post #2, I was referring to car tires on cars. Not to take away from what Blueknight and others have contributed about tires for our Spyders. When it comes to putting new shoes on my F3L, I am leaning strongly toward their recommendations.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    I have caught CR pulling too many fast ones that I can not trust what they print. As I type this, our car is getting a set of Nokian four season tires. I was going to get Michelins, they said Michelins are a good tire, but everyone there said they are fans of Nokian and noticed a difference.
    I'm on board with this. It is my belief that CR has sold itself to the highest bidder due to some comparisons I have verified to be wildly inaccurate. I trust other rating companies like Consumersearch, they compile everyone's research and use that. CR is still good in some areas, but verify before your buy!
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...snip...... and right now the Vredestein Quatrac 5 ( I know this tire, for some reason, doesn't perform well on a JEEP, but who cares ) ….. nice report from CR - thanks for sharing SPECTACULAR SPYDERMAN ..... Mike
    But is that the tire's fault?? Or the Jeep's??

It seems they work pretty well on most other things?! Especially on Spyders!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    But is that the tire's fault?? Or the Jeep's??

It seems they work pretty well on most other things?! Especially on Spyders!
    " Doesn't perform well on a JEEP " is what another member here said about Her experience with the Quatrac 5 tire, in a Reply to my post - about recommending the Quatrac 5 tire..... I have no idea what the exact circumstances were with the Other members JEEP ..….. From everything I've read from members here and other qualified sources, the Quatrac 5 is one of (if not the best ) tire currently used on Spyders …… Mike