Spyder Garage

Default Akrapovic Sound?

Was wondering what the sound is like for an Akrapovic muffler installed on 2012 RT with the cat delete already installed? Is it the same as stock muffler with cat delete? just a little louder or way louder Thanx ran across a Great deal on one $290 brand new want to know if I should buy it....

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just a little louder with a bit more bass. But, a couple years ago they started shipping them without the two baffles installed at the tail end. Folks felt that was too loud. So check that one out to see if it has the baffles or not. Mine has the baffles. You can tell just by looking at the two holes in the back to see if they are wide open or if it looks like there is an insert in there.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

youtube has some before and after installs too.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanx I ordered it.will see...

Spyder Garage

Baffles in or out?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wilpir View Post
    Baffles in or out?
    Well, I guess that's a matter of your personal preference, and whether or not the unit you receive has them installed in the first place. I prefer baffles in. I also use ear plugs. There are a couple of rubber plugs on the left side of the muffler body that, when removed, allow you access to the set screws that hold the inserts in place. But, if memory serves, they are tack welded or something similar, so that removing them takes a little bit of work. Once the set screws are out, the insert comes out. Your choice. So, why buy the Akrapovic in the first place? Well, I think the 2012 got better performance, it sounds better, and over time the stock muffler gets an annoying rattle from something coming loose inside of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doug

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Set screws are tack welded? Really? I thought just remove plugs unscrew set screws and out they come...btw the I only paid $250 brand new! Its the #44 Sport model and yes I have that annoying rattle coming from it …..2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze only 8500 miles......

Spyder Garage

Tack welded? That’s just my fuzzy recollection from a post in the past. You’ll know for sure once you get it. I never messed with them. That was a real good price. You’ll be pleased.

Doug

Spyder Garage

Thanx!

Spyder Garage

Set screws came out easy(took baffles out)..sounds awesome so far..haven't gone for a ride yet just installed and did a 15 minute idle as recommended..lot of weight savings and what a deal at $250 delivered!!! also bought a can am spyder dri fit shirt from same place for $5 !!…..