Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Pres. Ronald Reagan's favorite Horse

A wee bit of trivia ….. His name is Sgt. York , and He is now back with His old Army unit. The one that does all Funeral' etc.... ( part of an Armored unit that's still in existence ) ….. and He is now 29 yrs. old ….. My first Horse ( in the NYCPD mounted division) was retired at 25 ….. He lived on the NYC Dept. of Health farm in upstate NY until He was 32 yrs.. At this farm the Horses are used for blood for a vaccine, and the Horses have to be certified to be disease free. Keeping them is the only way to guarantee this .... I went to visit Him a couple of times and even when among other horses, if I called His nickname He would look towards the sound. :clap ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

fullsizeoutput_5c31.jpg

My wife rode with him at the Ranch, her horse was a little frisky!

fullsizeoutput_5c33.jpg
    Last edited by TicketBait; 11-11-2019 at 09:31 PM. Reason: added wife. she doesn't know or she would kill me

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Right on! Bonds are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    A wee bit of trivia ….. His name is Sgt. York , and He is now back with His old Army unit. The one that does all Funeral' etc.... ( part of an Armored unit that's still in existence ) ….. and He is now 29 yrs. old ….. My first Horse ( in the NYCPD mounted division) was retired at 25 ….. He lived on the NYC Dept. of Health farm in upstate NY until He was 32 yrs.. At this farm the Horses are used for blood for a vaccine, and the Horses have to be certified to be disease free. Keeping them is the only way to guarantee this .... I went to visit Him a couple of times and even when among other horses, if I called His nickname He would look towards the sound. :clap ….. Mike