Thread: Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

On the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month of 1918 an Armistice was signed ending WW1. This was to be the war to end all wars. On November 11th we celebrate Armistice day which was changed to Veterans Day in 1954 to honor and respect all Veterans.

I heard this speech every year from my Grandpa Woodbridge. He was a cook at Camp Sherman and worked as one of the caretakers of the armory that used to be in the building in our city park. EVERY November 11th. Gramps would get up and get dressed in his Sunday best and not strike a lick all day. Just before 11:00 he would get out the bottle and pour a glass and at 11 sharp you raised a glass and toasted the men, his men as he would say, that went and served "Over There" he did this every year for as long as I could remember. I learned at a young age that we celebrate, appreciate, respect, and honor our Veterans. Thank You Veterans for your service.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    On the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month of 1918 an Armistice was signed ending WW1. This was to be the war to end all wars. On November 11th we celebrate Armistice day which was changed to Veterans Day in 1954 to honor and respect all Veterans.

I heard this speech every year from my Grandpa Woodbridge. He was a cook at Camp Sherman and worked as one of the caretakers of the armory that used to be in the building in our city park. EVERY November 11th. Gramps would get up and get dressed in his Sunday best and not strike a lick all day. Just before 11:00 he would get out the bottle and pour a glass and at 11 sharp you raised a glass and toasted the men, his men as he would say, that went and served "Over There" he did this every year for as long as I could remember. I learned at a young age that we celebrate, appreciate, respect, and honor our Veterans. Thank You Veterans for your service.
    and Thank you to ALL Vets past - present & future .. Mike

Spyder Garage
    2009 GS SE5 , MDS wires and NGK Red

Spyder Garage

I was at a Veterans Day ceremony today and a 93 year old WW2 veteran who was also attending the ceremony was recognized. Probably the oldest one there.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I was a school kid during WWII and saw the articles and photos in dad's morning newspaper (he was 4F but worked in a defense plant) and I also saw the news reels at the movie house. I was most impressed by the Navy and what they did especially in the Pacific and I knew one day I'd be one of them. I joined in 1954, became a CT and served a time on a WWII carrier; the USS Ticonderoga, which took a few Kamikaze hits in the Pacific. She is no more, but I still feel honored to have served on that noble war veteran and to have served in honor of all of the Greatest Generation. I fly two American flags; a 50 star and an old, faded 48 star as that was the one I served under as did the WWII guys and gals.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    I was a school kid during WWII and saw the articles and photos in dad's morning newspaper (he was 4F but worked in a defense plant) and I also saw the news reels at the movie house. I was most impressed by the Navy and what they did especially in the Pacific and I knew one day I'd be one of them. I joined in 1954, became a CT and served a time on a WWII carrier; the USS Ticonderoga, which took a few Kamikaze hits in the Pacific. She is no more, but I still feel honored to have served on that noble war veteran and to have served in honor of all of the Greatest Generation. I fly two American flags; a 50 star and an old, faded 48 star as that was the one I served under as did the WWII guys and gals.
    Thank you sir for your service!

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did something different this year I went to Antietam National Battlefield & Cemetery paid my respects there then rode over to the first Washington Monument built in 1827. Was a good day riding and walking with friends.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I just saw the movie "Midway" and highly recommend it. I'm sure there was some artistic license in this film, but it does give you an idea of what that generation faced, and the sacrifices they were willing to make. Makes you wonder how the millennials would react if we faced the same challenges today.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Insyder View Post
    I just saw the movie "Midway" and highly recommend it. I'm sure there was some artistic license in this film, but it does give you an idea of what that generation faced, and the sacrifices they were willing to make. Makes you wonder how the millennials would react if we faced the same challenges today.
    I used to worry about what kind of world we are leaving our kids. Now I worry about what kind of kids we are leaving this world. One thing the Greatest Generation experienced that millennials were spared, was the Great Depression. That hardened and entire nation. We were also religious and fiercely patriotic then.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    I used to worry about what kind of world we are leaving our kids. Now I worry about what kind of kids we are leaving this world. One thing the Greatest Generation experienced that millennials were spared, was the Great Depression. That hardened and entire nation. We were also religious and fiercely patriotic then.
    Amen. Well said.

Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

Veterans Day Celebration Spring City, Ut 2 veterans program 11 11 2019.jpg Veterans program 11 11 2019.jpg

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze