Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket LED fog lights

So I’ve added some LED fog lights to my F3T and hooked them up to the accessories connection on the side of the bike. The turn on fine on the first start up but if i turn the bike off and then on again, they just blink continuously. What am i doing wrong?? Need some help.
    2018 Spyder F3T , Bright White

Spyder Garage

Which fog lights did you add? I have the Lamonster Garage ones and have never experienced this but mind also have a separate switch that is mounted in the key area.

Thank you,
    Brian Manthei
    2016 F3-T , Lamonster break pedal extender White

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Need more info. What lights? What circuit? How switched?

Information on adding your own fog lights ON MY PAGE >click here<
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Connect it to the plug just above the fog light.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I recently connected a pair of aux lights to the same accessory connection. Everything has been working fine. Hmmm..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

After reading up on the lights, it does have different modes of operations. Blinking is one of them. Going to have to see how to fix that. I didn’t want to add the switch that’s came with it but i guess I’ll to have to add it on. Thanks for all y’all help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Clopez68 View Post
    After reading up on the lights, it does have different modes of operations. Blinking is one of them. Going to have to see how to fix that. I didn’t want to add the switch that’s came with it but i guess I’ll to have to add it on. Thanks for all y’all help.
    What brad are they and did you mount them to the fender?? Post a pic.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-15-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I bought a set of these fog lights .. https://www.ebay.com/itm/30W-4xXM-L2....c100005.m1851 a couple years ago for around $25. I had them on my FZ09 > 800 Tiger > Spyder F3-S. They are bright and durable. They have been thru a crap load of rain and no issues. I recently mounted them to the inner front fender of the Spyder using 1/4-20 x .75" L ss bolt/locking nut. I routed the wiring along the upper control arms and up to the accessory connection on the left side. While they are on/off with the bike, I have them aimed a touch lower to compliment the road ahead of me and the right side is aimed out a touch for better ditch viewing. As you can see, the bike is under cover/stored, so I won't start it up. I am attaching a couple photos of them turned off/on when mounted on my 800 Tiger (with aftermarket H4 9003 LED bulbs, now also in the Spyder). $30 for lights/hardware and 30 minutes of time. Great add-on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I did very much the same, but not as bright a light. I do not do hardly any back country night riding, just wanted more conspicuity.
    ROWAN & LIGHTS 5.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Wow, that’s the looks that i was hoping for. Guess i just need to play with them a little bit more.

Spyder Garage

Going mostly for conspicuity as well, but these do fill up the road ahead nicely.
    xspYdy2.jpg
    spYdy2.jpg

Spyder Garage

I basically did the same thing, I like lights the more the better. 20190810_180200_1565474667999_001.jpg20190813_134000.jpg
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I bought a set of these fog lights .. https://www.ebay.com/itm/30W-4xXM-L2....c100005.m1851 a couple years ago for around $25. I had them on my FZ09 > 800 Tiger > Spyder F3-S. They are bright and durable. They have been thru a crap load of rain and no issues. I recently mounted them to the inner front fender of the Spyder using 1/4-20 x .75" L ss bolt/locking nut. I routed the wiring along the upper control arms and up to the accessory connection on the left side. While they are on/off with the bike, I have them aimed a touch lower to compliment the road ahead of me and the right side is aimed out a touch for better ditch viewing. As you can see, the bike is under cover/stored, so I won't start it up. I am attaching a couple photos of them turned off/on when mounted on my 800 Tiger (with aftermarket H4 9003 LED bulbs, now also in the Spyder). $30 for lights/hardware and 30 minutes of time. Great add-on.
    WOW .... those throw a hugh amount of light .... Do the pics show with or without the headlights ..... are the headlights also LED's ///....Thanks .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    WOW .... those throw a hugh amount of light .... Do the pics show with or without the headlights ..... are the headlights also LED's ///....Thanks .... Mike
    The pix include the headlights (also LED), but the aux lights are the ones that cast the light down the road

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    The pix include the headlights (also LED), but the aux lights are the ones that cast the light down the road
    Thanks for the clarification .... but a pic with both headlights ... covered ... and then a pic with the Aux. lights covered .... would really clarify the difference ..... thanks for sharing .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Help! I have Lamonsters fog lights connected to factory wiring on my 18 F3L. When first installed they hyper flashed. Turned off bike and on. Stopped doing it. I put filters inline from Lamonsters because fm radio was static. Just the other day I pulled into garage and the right one was hyper flashing. This happens every so often. Sometimes left than right. Is there a fix for this?
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification .... but a pic with both headlights ... covered ... and then a pic with the Aux. lights covered .... would really clarify the difference ..... thanks for sharing .... Mike
    Maybe sometime, but the headlight wouldn't light up the house across the street like they do with the aux lights.

2022 RT Sea To Sky