Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Nicely done video. Thanks. A club I ride with is comprised of about half women and they are off and riding more than the guys. There have been rides where I am the only male. When I tell some guys that, they ask if that bothers me. Hell no! Those gals are good riders and I feel honored to be among them.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

That video may generate some interest in a different demographic than we usually see.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My daughter would have fit right in with those women. When she took off on my Rally it was the first time she had been back on a bike in years and when I heard her roaring back around a curve down the street and saw the big grin on her face as she came back, it was fantastic. Her whole family spent the whole day until well after dark, on the Rally. And believe me, she could have made that film or stood out in it, easily.

Spyder Garage

The only thing that is still scary is the Ryker likes to turn into a two wheel bike at random, with the front tire falling off. Has happened to two people in a month in my area alone, once right behind me - saw this tire fly by in town. Was the Ryker behind me! Won't let my daughter get one until I'm certain the issue is 100% fixed, would almost like to see an aftermarket super hardened high carbon nut & retainer kit from @LaMonster because I have trust issues with BRP
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-12-2019 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Rhyker

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    The only thing that is still scary is the Ryker likes to turn into a two wheel bike at random, with the front tire falling off. Has happened to two people in a month in my area alone, once right behind me - saw this tire fly by in town. Was the Ryker behind me! Won't let my daughter get one until I'm certain the issue is 100% fixed, would almost like to see an aftermarket super hardened high carbon nut & retainer kit from @LaMonster because I have trust issues with BRP
    I don't think LaMonster, (or any other after market co.) would want to get anymore involved than their retainers. I think they would want to stay far far away from being involved with material specs., torque specs., and consumer proper application of a different designed nut. I don't know how strong their retainers are, maybe they could beef them up some. (maybe not needed to)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-12-2019 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Collateral re quote

Spyder Garage

I've seen wheels come off of cars also. My daughter and her kids have all had motorcycles and my grandson was competing on the dirt track when he was 11yo, with a sponsor. I purchased a torque wrench and socket just to make sure the wheels are on properly. And I have the new wheel nuts too. If you worry about safety, a cycle is not the thing to operate, period.
    They ride nasty ole horses too. They own four of them; three of them former race horses. No one leaves this life, alive.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-12-2019 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Collateral re quote

Spyder Garage

That's a little extreme to say the least.

"At random" makes it sound like it any one of them could have a wheel fly off at any given moment and that is far from the truth.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-12-2019 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Collateral re quote

Spyder Garage

The bike were nice too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post

"At random" makes it sound like it any one of them could have a wheel fly off at any given moment and that is far from the truth.
    You can't make everyone happy no matter what you do. It's part of life you will just have to move on.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post

Another non owner comment

Spyder Garage

Let's not turn this into an argument over nothing.

Many have still paid their dues. Ryker is still in the Spyder family--even though "they" say it is not.

Another non-Ryker but Spyder owner comment.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-18-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I didn't mean to start problems with my comments on the other thread. I welcome comments from ALL if it's regarding different color schemes, luggage options, rides, accessories, etc. Just don't bash, please.

Back to this thread's video. My brother-in-law also owns a Rally and his wife is interested in maybe the 600. She liked the video and it's helping our (his, mine and their daughter who owns a Spyder RTS) cause to talk her into it. Getting close to talking her into at least getting her license.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

Nice video. Its about time BRP did video targeting women. I showed this video to my wife and daughter, if all goes well Santa might bring one more Ryker to our family.