Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New Here and Looking to Buy 2019 RT Limited

Last week I went to my local dealer to take a look at the F3 and RT Limited. Just by sitting on the bikes I quickly learned the RT was a better fit for me. He let me test ride a 2019 Orange Chrome. It was very impressive, smooth(except for the reverse clunk), stopped and handled well. I have ridden a 2010 model and this was much better. I am in my mid 50's and have ridden 2 wheelers and atvs since I was a kid. Any must have accessories? Any plusses or minuses you can share? What is the going price for a BEST warranty extension? Any other input is also appreciated, thanks. Tim C

Spyder Garage

Welcome soon to be owner.

Most here will say ryde it for a few thousand miles before spending $$$ on accessories ----- BUT--- A high mount rear brake light on an RT really should have been OEM.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input. Just out of curiosity, have you ever paid for a laser alignment? How much does it cost?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TimsSpyder View Post
    Thanks for the input. Just out of curiosity, have you ever paid for a laser alignment? How much does it cost?
    YES and worth every cent !!!! I think a proper alignment from Anne and Joe costs $140.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

About the BEST Warranty. You do no need to purchase that right away unless they are going to either give it to you or give you a deal on it . You only have to purchase it before your original warranty runs out. Then you can shop around and get a large range of prices. I recently purchase 3 years for $671.00 you can shop as you don't have to be there, it can be done over the phone.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Last week I went to my local dealer to take a look at the F3 and RT Limited. Just by sitting on the bikes I quickly learned the RT was a better fit for me. He let me test ride a 2019 Orange Chrome. It was very impressive, smooth(except for the reverse clunk), stopped and handled well. I have ridden a 2010 model and this was much better. I am in my mid 50's and have ridden 2 wheelers and atvs since I was a kid. Any must have accessories? Any plusses or minuses you can share? What is the going price for a BEST warranty extension? Any other input is also appreciated, thanks. Tim C
    I agree with riding it for a bit but best bang for my buck as far as accessories are:

1. Sway bar upgrade
    2. Led Head and Fog Lights (big night riding improvement)
    3. Car Tires (rides like a new machine)
    4. Bump Skid with LED (Also lights up the road really well)
    5. High mount brake light (BRP Missed the boat on this, should have been a no brainier)
    6. Back rest (I have the BRP Comfort seat and back rest) Will be switching to an Ultimate Seat in near future.

IF you have a misses that will be on riding get the arm rest she will thank you and your ride will be much more pleasant if you keep her comfortable. Also get helmet to helmet communications again she will thank you.

Upcoming this week I will have the TRI Axis handle bars installed, for me I find I have a lot discomfort in my neck and shoulders many members say they have a much better ride experience with the TRI AXIS bars I hope so.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

My suggestion is that if you are going with the RT, wait for the 2020 model, completely redone and should be nicer

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    My suggestion is that if you are going with the RT, wait for the 2020 model, completely redone and should be nicer

Cruzr Joe
    If the budget allows get the 2020
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input. My budget will allow but I'm not the guy who has to have the latest and greatest. I have watched the videos for the 2020s. I do however really like that new blue/green color.

Spyder Garage

I just took ownership of a 2015 RTS, Wife rides a 2018 RTL. My HD Ultra Classic is for sale....

Anyways. First thing we did to BOTH our RT's is buy (30 bucks) the LARGER brake pedal. Much easier to find when you need it.... 2 cents... I decided on this within the first few minutes of riding.....
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

If you can, rent one for a few days and run the hell out of it to make sure before you drop the big bucks. I can't really say bad things about my ownership but if I had been able to rent first I probably would not have purchased. Good machine but for some just not the magic bullet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    If the budget allows get the 2020
    I would wait till 2021 then the bugs may be shaken out by then!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, with a fused right ankle, I will need a larger brake pedal, is Lamonster selling that?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Yes, with a fused right ankle, I will need a larger brake pedal, is Lamonster selling that?
    Bet he could make you some thing!!! Call him
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I've hit about 2500 miles now on my 2018 RTL and am adding this week"
    - BajaRon Antisway bar;
    - big brake pedal;
    - usb port to handlebar switch pad (you know where I mean!) and a Ram X mount for my phone;
    - rear luggage rack;
    - battery tender and pigtail; and
    - driver backrest

Next will be the "floating" highway boards, a proper cup holder and then replace the tires sometime next year to better ones.

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post

https://www.amazon.com/Show-Chrome-A...s%2C183&sr=8-2
    2018 RT , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Realtor, shoulda thought of Amazon, the 'go to' place find stuff and spend $.

Spyder Garage

All good info on my original post. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Getting Closer to 2019 RT Purchase

I have already posted here that I was looking at a new 2019 RT Limited. I pretty much have the deal in place and a shipper lined up. One question though. During the predilevery(since I wont be there), do they perform an alignment on the bike?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Your best bet is to ask them directly to perform a laser alignment using the Rollo laser system. Otherwise it probably will come as aligned at the factory when it's built. Laser alignment is one of the first things you want to consider getting done, but you may have to search for someone who does it within reasonable distance from you.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Alignments are usually not a part of the assembly process. That's where the "wheel & deal" comes in.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Getting Excited! Closer to Delivery of 2019 Rt LTD

I have posted here a few times regarding the purchase of my new RT Limited. I found a dealer whose price was fair and I have a shipper lined up. Keeping my fingers crossed. Bike is supposed to be picked up next Saturday the 23rd. Wish me luck!

Spyder Garage

I have posted here a few times regarding the purchase of my new RT Limited. I found a dealer whose price was fair and I have a shipper lined up. Keeping my fingers crossed. Bike is supposed to be picked up next Saturday the 23rd. Wish me luck!
    My advice is to just ride your Spyder for many, many miles before doing anything to it other than cosmetic stuff. You can read this forum and become convinced that you need this, you need that, it's going to fall apart unless you do X and Y. Well, some of us find that our Spyder is **JUST FINE** the way it came from the factory. Would the stuff promoted on this forum make it better yet? Maybe so. I wouldn't know because I'm happy with my Spyder as-is. Maybe you will notice problems that I don't. But you darned sure won't be able to tell if this stuff actually improves your Spyder if you don't FIRST ride your Spyder for a lot of miles WITHOUT it. Just enjoy your ride and don't worry about stuff.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

of your spyder.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Good luck Tim

What colour did you get?

russ
    pres ride
    2014 RT-S
    bike is WIP
    bike has endured elect spike (was jump started incorrectly)
    still a WIP but bike is now running and registered....swapped out 5 modules mostly sourced from Canadian wrecker