Spyder Garage

Default Question about lights

Mine is a standard 2009 GS and I have 4 lights on the front - lower 2 for dip beam and top ones for high beam - I see on some photos of other GS that they only have the upper two...... Is this a modification or standard spec in different countries?
    2009 GS SE5 , MDS wires and NGK Red

Spyder Garage

European & Australian/New Zealand Spec Spyders have their Low beam lights where North American Spyders have air ducts or optional Fog lights; & the EU/Aus/NZ High beam lights are where the North American Hi/Lo beam combination light assembly goes.

So GSSpyder, you lucked out by being in the UK & so scored the full set of High & Low beam lights each in their individual positions, while the US/Canadians hafta put up with sharing the top 2 lights to do everything via a dodgy shutter arrangement!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-09-2019 at 03:32 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thought to Australia as are the spiders. Only on Europe with 4 headlights.
    We are Russians, God be with us!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    European & Australian/New Zealand Spec Spyders have their Low beam lights where North American Spyders have air ducts or optional Fog lights; & the EU/Aus/NZ High beam lights are where the North American Hi/Lo beam combination light assembly goes.

So GSSpyder, you lucked out by being in the UK & so scored the full set of High & Low beam lights each in their individual positions, while the US/Canadians hafta put up with sharing the top 2 lights to do everything via a dodgy shutter arrangement!
    Thanks - 4 lights are great when you link the top and bottom to stay on when using full beam - almost as good as my car........
    2009 GS SE5 , MDS wires and NGK Red