Spyder Garage

Question Tire removal with rear mud flap

I just ordered the Show Chrome rear mudflap and was hoping to mount it later this weekend. I also plan on replacing rear tire in the Spring, but am now worried the mudflap may make removal of tire difficult. Does anyone know if this is true?
    2013 RT , Aluminum Spyder Brake Pedal Magnesium

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman41333 View Post
    I just ordered the Show Chrome rear mudflap and was hoping to mount it later this weekend. I also plan on replacing rear tire in the Spring, but am now worried the mudflap may make removal of tire difficult. Does anyone know if this is true?
    , that depends ….. if you leave the Flap on …. the Spyder has to go that an equal amount HIGHER so it doesn't interfere …. Is that flap put on with rivets or screws or bolts ????….. When I do my rear tire, I jack the Spyder, take my flap off ….. remove the swing arm bolt ..remove the axel and roll the tire out...… good luck ….PS there are many vid's showing how this is done …. Mike

Spyder Garage

I have a big mud flap and leave it in place. After the axle is drawn out and the wheel is free I just lift the bike high on the jack. Change the tyre, roll it back into place under the bike and carefully keep wheel alignment as I lower the bike back down to where I can slide the axle back in. Works for me without issue.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Spyder Garage

Thank guys. Yes, the Show Chrome mudflap is held on with nut and bolts, as well as some 3m tape. Therefore, I don't really want to have to remove it if possible. Hopefully, I can just jack up the RT high enough. I have changed rear tire on an old GS, but that didn't have all the plastic that the RT does.
    2013 RT , Aluminum Spyder Brake Pedal Magnesium