Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Rally Ryker went into Limp Mode

Several weeks age my Ryker went into Limp Mode about halve way between Fayetteville NC and Maggie Valley. So I called BRP to come pick it up and take it to the closest Dealer which happen to be Ride Now Power Sports in Concord NC. After two days I picked it up and drove it back to Fayetteville nc., But about an hour out it went into Limp Mode again. So, I called BRP to pick it up , but that told me they can only pick it up if it has been seven days apart between break downs. How disappointing was that! So, I decided to Limp it hour, well three hours later at night I made it home. The folks at Ride Now changed out spark plugs and clean injectors. I had Baker Motorsports my deal come and pick it up. they said, that there was something wrong with the fuel pump and fuel lines. They all said, the parts are on back order for a month. Has anyone came across this problem and did you know BRP will only pick up your bike only after 7 days apart from breaking down??

Spyder Garage

That's Customer Service as per BRP standard. Sorry - can't help with your troubles.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

If you had called dealer that did not fix it, the second tow could have been added to the case and been covered.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Mine went into limp mode a few months back. Shutting it off cleared it but i would just go into limp mode again. The next day I drove it 2 hours to the dealer and it was fine. But there was a error code and they had to replace the console readout. ( I forget the exact name) It has been fine now for the last 5,000 miles. I would think the dealer would have a error code and not be guessing. It can be dangerous on a freeway going into limp mode.

Spyder Garage

Service on Rykers suck in the USA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
    Service on Rykers suck in the USA
    No it doesn't. Just that not all dealers are great, but a lot of them are. Fully half the battle is the customers attitude and approach.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    No it doesn't. Just that not all dealers are great, but a lot of them are. Fully half the battle is the customers attitude and approach.
    My local dealer has been helping me work through first an alignment issue, and more recently, a wheel/tire imbalance issue on my Rally. They have been very cooperative and I have been patient. The problem (as I see it) is that it is a new machine without a lot of dealer experience specific to it. The service manager and I have been learning together. My previous bikes, all BMW's were supported with a network of corporate education from BMW for the technicians; however, I have not seen that from BRP.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

The service Dept at my dealer told me that they didn't even have a price for service listed on the board yet for Rykers because they have not even had one in for a 6k service yet. They gave me an estimate based on the Spider service. It's all new and they are learning. I wonder if they send any instructors out to the dealers to train the mechanics when they come out with a new product.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP does have factory training for service techs. One of the requirements for moving up the dealer status level (silver, gold, platinum, etc) is having factory trained techs. I believe the dealer has to pay to send techs to training.

At least that's the way it works with BRP's snowmobile business.

Spyder Garage

i stand bye my original statement. so far i have dealings with two