Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

FYI - My belt tensioner took ALL the vibrations out at all speeds.
    2020 RT-Limited , Petrol Metallic Chrome Edition

Spyder Garage

And My missing belt guard has stopped all rocks to the belt, and I've had 50 plus mile stretches of gravel/dirt roads.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    If you stay on all paved roads no problem. But it is almost impossible to avoid road construction. Motorcycles have curved tires that dont pick up rocks easily. Spyders have car tires with deep flat tread that tends to pick up rocks which can end up in the belt fairly easily. The belt vibrates most at hwy speed above 70 mph. I still love everything else about the Spyder. It is a fun ride.
    If you have a look at the ride videos, they show the new RT frequently riding over dirt and gravel roads, JP. I am sure I heard one of the BRP guys saying it was ok to do so. I am assuming that means that they have addressed the “rocks in the belt” issue on the new model. On the other hand, it might mean that BRP just wants to sell more belts . Whether they have addressed the vibration issue is another matter

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red