Spyder Garage

Default Looking for Spyder Key Sheath

I have lost the hard plastic sheath / cover that slides over the metal part of the original key. Can't find one anywhere. Any suggestions?

I attach a fob to the sheath and also keep a Lid Lok key attached to it. I have a cover on key so it only is inserted in ignition when riding. I remove the key and slide it into sheath for pocket when parked.

Suggestions appreciated. ps. Can't find on BRP parts. seagravesg

Spyder Garage

The metal part of my Spyder key is 38mm long. For < $10 I'd try punching a hole in this:
    https://www.amazon.com/SwimCell-Sili.../dp/B07TW9L796.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seagravesg View Post
    I have lost the hard plastic sheath / cover that slides over the metal part of the original key. Can't find one anywhere. Any suggestions?

I attach a fob to the sheath and also keep a Lid Lok key attached to it. I have a cover on key so it only is inserted in ignition when riding. I remove the key and slide it into sheath for pocket when parked.

You can't get just the plastic keyring. Mine came without it. I ended up ordering another key from ebay just to get the "sheath". I have this on the second key, hate it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/383925905538
    The replacement key is kind of expensive $60. 710004408. I got it from ebay for 35 bucks I think, did have it programmed because I only had one key thus got the sheath and extra key in one shot. They used to sell lock barrels and two keys for the saddle bags on a few models that used the same key but non-dess but I can't locate any right now. Your best bet is to call around and hope to get lucky that a dealer has one laying around. I feel your pain, it drove me nuts not having the plastic sheath after carrying it around for years.
    Roy.

2016-F3T
    2013 ST , White

Spyder Garage

If you just need it attach a lanyard to it, there are at least 3 companies that advertise here that have covers that go around the head of the key with a hole in them for a ring. Motorcycledave.com, canamspyderaccessories.com,and lamonster.com. At least one is color coded to your Spyder.
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 03-07-2022 at 12:44 AM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had the same issue. Went to the dealer and humbly asked for another plastic sheath. They gave me an extra. They had several on hand just for that purpose. Then I went to the parts department and ordered two blank BRP spyder keys. $54 each and they came with sheaths. I also went to the locksmith and had them cut me two non chipped keys. Then on top of that, I installed two hidden remote cables that will open the seat latch and frunk latch. You can probably guess that I have an issue with keys. It only takes once to be keyless in a parking lot in a remote part of a national monument somewhere.

Spyder Garage

I might have a extra out in shed where I keep my F3 and related stuff....along with a ton of Xmas, thanksgiving, and assorted other stuff.
    Will try to look tmr and let you know if I have one. If you don't hear, PM to remind me. Forgetful in my dotage! LOL
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If ulflyer can't hook you up, I'd suggest you post a WTB thread in the Classified section of the forum. I'm sure there are plenty of owners who have gone from the sheath to the key head cover thing. (Personally, I use the sheath.)
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)