Spyder Garage

Default Custom Luggage Rack (Max Mount-able)

Hi Guys,

In my everlasting search for adequate luggage space, I got my first addon machined for me today, its a Luggage rack with a sissy bar, that can mount on the max mount using the same mechanism as the top case (except this one is lockable) its a bit rough as it was made mostly with offcuts and needs a coat of paint, but figured I'd share it to inspire people that are talented enough to machine their own.

Its main purpose was so I could use my Xkursion Depot XS bag with it below the image is a link to my google drive with several more images

(P.S excuse the dust, we've had 3 full days of dust storms and I've yet to give it a proper wipe down)

with bag.jpg
    no bag.jpg

Ryker Luggage Rack

Edit: I also do not know why it rotated the images in this post, in the above link they are all oriented correctly.

Spyder Garage

Looks heavy. The Ryker already has a low load rating as it is.

How much does the rack weight?

Spyder Garage

It is a little heavy, coming in at around 8 to 10 kgs (hard to accurately weigh it due to its design) but it is steel construction and this is the first prototype, I imagine you could half that with lighter metals like Aluminium (unfortunately the fabricator that is close to me only does steel due to them mainly making things for farms)

The added space for me is a massive plus due to how remote I am and the Ryker being the only Vehicle I can safely drive. I understand the added weight might not be for everyone but its still well within its load even if that bag is full of groceries.

I am about to travel away for a week so I'll be able to get some proper experience riding with it over the next couple of days and report back.

Spyder Garage

Holy smoke! Did you attach your granny's lawn chair to your Ryker? Just kidding. Just seems really/REALLY big. But, like they say....different strokes for different folks.