Spyder Garage

Default We did it last weekend

Wife and I took a week off work and went to Harper college’s 3 wheel class last weekend. We braved the snow they had the night before class driving up from Belleville to Antioch Ill, and they were able to get us all in 1 day of classroom and two days of riding. Passed the riding and written test and will be getting our Illinois J11 endorsement once we get the certificate in the mail.

It was the last class of the year, temps in the 30s in the mornings and they only had a port a potty as a bathroom. We hung in there and completed the course. Not too bad for two mid 50 old folks who outscored the young guns riding in our class..lol

We will be checking out the 2020 Spyders in the spring, unless we get word of major changes for 2021.
    We kind of like the Honda Goldwing reverse trikes, but I like having the dealer who does the work be local, and there isn’t an endeavor or other shop near southern Illinois. There is a spyder dealer about 30 minutes away in Nashville Illinois we will check out again, been there once

I rode the spyder most the class, tested the rally as well, but those are a bit to small for two up riding. Nobody wanted the spyder or F3 in the class, most wanted the fully automatic bikes, but I loved the spyder. It looked large compared to the other bikes, but handled great and better power.

Judging from the cost of a reverse trike goldwing, I think I could get two Spyders. Anybody else consider that Goldwing reverse trike as an option before going spyder?

Spyder Garage

Default congratulations....🎉🎉🎉

One step closer. well done even with the weather against you...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Better Choice

Well, I chose the RT LIMITED. Check them out sometime soon. Remember to do your homework before visiting a good dealership. I purchased what was Best for me. Good Luck on your Mission. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Have fun picking out the new ride!! See if there's anyone in the area that rents them out and go for a nice long test ride and get a good feel for what your trying to buy!! Good Luck!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I think the big change for the RTs happen for the 2020 model year. Based on past experiences, there may be some minor changes for the 2021 model year, but after making such a major change, BRP usually lets things shake out a bit before introducing more major changes. As always... I could be wrong
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

on the new endorsement!! Never to old to learn new tricks. The gold wing trike is nice but the Spyder RT is way better handling and the ride is better. Two in the front is way better then two in the back IMHO. But try each for your self and let you be the judge.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

If you pre order your Spyder befor3 Jan 31,2020 you get an extra year of warrenty.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    If you pre order your Spyder befor3 Jan 31,2020 you get an extra year of warrenty.
    That is good to know, thanks. Will take some test rides, I’m sure we will have a sunny day here and there. Besides, we survived the snow, so a little cold won’t hurt anything

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you're Belleville, you might be closer to some dealers in Missouri.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post
    If you're Belleville, you might be closer to some dealers in Missouri.
    We may be, but it’s all about finding good maintenance support rather than distance in my book anyway. Nashville Illinois dealer is supposed to be good, has anyone on here used them? We’ll be shopping around, and test riding maybe rent a couple bikes like was suggested in this thread. Thanks for the heads up though.

Spyder Garage

Being in Belleville Illinois, the closest rated dealers via BRP sire search are in Nashville Illinois and in Alton Illinois. Do any of you use either of these locations for service and warranty maintenance issues? If so, please IM us, if we do pull the trigger on a new 2020 model, we want to buy from the same dealer who we trust to service it properly. From what I read here earlier, the gold rated BRP dealer may not be the best to do the maintenance, depending on customers experiences. Would like to find folks who have had good or bad experience in my area with our possible service locations. Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Breedog View Post
    Being in Belleville Illinois, the closest rated dealers via BRP sire search are in Nashville Illinois and in Alton Illinois. Do any of you use either of these locations for service and warranty maintenance issues? If so, please IM us, if we do pull the trigger on a new 2020 model, we want to buy from the same dealer who we trust to service it properly. From what I read here earlier, the gold rated BRP dealer may not be the best to do the maintenance, depending on customers experiences. Would like to find folks who have had good or bad experience in my area with our possible service locations. Thanks in advance.
    Don't believe the ratings on the Can AM website. Gold rating only means (I believe) that they sold more units than a Silver. Choose a dealer with good reviews that aren't posted on anything BRP. Just a word of caution.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

BRP is offering a $4,500 rebate on 2019 models and leases starting at $189/month.

Spyder Garage

Just hard finding many on line maintenance or dealer reviews from owners in my area. May stop and ask a few owners as we’ve seen a few Spyders in garages near us.