Spyder Garage

Default Ph battery usage while using GPS

Hi all, I've just started using Genius maps on my 18 F3L. i use it through Bluetooth rather than plugging in through the USB cord.

Thing is, it burns power on my Samsung S9+ like from 100% to 10% in 6 hours or so, Normal?? If i play music from the same ph, no problems.

And if so, i guess i just have to run it plugged into USB??. It's just more convenient to leave in my jacket pocket!

Thanks AB

Spyder Garage

If the screens on constantly then yes your batt life wont last and the usb in the front will only do a standard charge not a quick charge. A lot of members have run an optional longer usb up to the middle glove box. Others will chime in with better info.

Good Luck
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluewoo View Post
    If the screens on constantly then yes your batt life wont last and the usb in the front will only do a standard charge not a quick charge. A lot of members have run an optional longer usb up to the middle glove box. Others will chime in with better info.

Good Luck
    Thanks mate.

Spyder Garage

On my 2018 f3L. I have a mount on the handlebars for my Samsung A8 phone. That way I can see the screen for gps app. Also a handy location to use garage door opener and other apps. Beside the mount I installed a usb power plug. Connected to the customer accessory circuit on the left side. For short rides I do not use it. But for longer rides I plug the phone in to keep it charged up. There is no way in hell I am putting the phone in the glove box (pizza oven) again. It cooked the battery in my previous phone.

2018 F3 LIMITED