Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    Well then mine is different because I just got back from an hour long ride. First thing I did was take out the dip stick, then loosen oil filter lid, and then removed drain plug. It dripped pretty good for almost 20 minutes. So in my mind that is a slow process.
    Not really trying to teach anyone to suck eggs.... but did you take the oil filler cap right off?

If you don't do that, there won't be much if any air getting into the top of the engine, so the oil hasta sloooowly gurgle it's way out of the drain hole &/or filter cap/s, letting gulps of air bubble back up thru the drain plug & draining oil to reach the top of the engine & equalise the pressure as it sloooowly drains out.... By opening the oil filler cap (where you normally add oil), you let that air get in easily & quickly, so the oil should drain out the bottom a lot easier & quicker!

And you don't really hafta wait until it completely stops dripping oil, just let it stop running out & then wait for the drips to slow a little. If you're draining stirred up & warm oil, anything left in the engine once the flow slows to 'just drips' is going to be pretty tiny and of no real consequence! So you can safely put the plugs back in, new filters & their caps back on, and start re-filling with oil once the 'old oil' has stopped running out & what's left in the way of drips escaping has started to slow.

There again, if you've raised the Spyder/Ryker, secured it, removed the necessary tupperware & under-body trays, then opened the filler cap, pulled the drain plugs, let the bulk of the oil drain, and finally loosened the filter covers, surely it's about time for a brew?? So go have one, then when you come back, more than enough oil will have drained out so that you can swap out the filters, finish the job, & re-fill with oil worry free! Don't forget that if you are doing this yourself, then unlike the poor tech who hasta get thru so many oil changes a day or lose his job, YOU aren't on the clock, so relax a bit, take your time; it's meant to be therapeutic & satisfying, maybe even calming and enjoyable, this 'doing your own servicing thing'! So enjoy it, take your time, and then get out there and...... yep, you know what's coming...

Ryde More, Worry Less!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-11-2021 at 02:26 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PGDoug View Post
    Last week new windshield from 7jurock 25" , Fantastic service from these folks . This week new backrest from SmoothSpyder .
    I went to the site for 7jurock 25. It says no mounting hard ware would be sent. How did you mount it? I have a 2019 F3s
    "Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter
    2019 F3 s , Neutrino Aurora Accessory Fuse Block Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Not really trying to teach anyone to suck eggs.... but did you take the oil filler cap right off?
    It was hanging loose off to the side so it was not hindering the draining.

If you don't do that, there won't be much if any air getting into the top of the engine, so the oil hasta sloooowly gurgle it's way out of the drain hole &/or filter cap/s, letting gulps of air bubble back up thru the drain plug & draining oil to reach the top of the engine & equalise the pressure as it sloooowly drains out.... By opening the oil filler cap (where you normally add oil), you let that air get in easily & quickly, so the oil should drain out the bottom a lot easier & quicker!

And you don't really hafta wait until it completely stops dripping oil, just let it stop running out & then wait for the drips to slow a little. If you're draining stirred up & warm oil, anything left in the engine once the flow slows to 'just drips' is going to be pretty tiny and of no real consequence! So you can safely put the plugs back in, new filters & their caps back on, and start re-filling with oil once the 'old oil' has stopped running out & what's left in the way of drips escaping has started to slow.

There again, if you've raised the Spyder/Ryker, secured it, removed the necessary tupperware & under-body trays, then opened the filler cap, pulled the drain plugs, let the bulk of the oil drain, and finally loosened the filter covers, surely it's about time for a brew?? So go have one,
    Can't stand beer, but even if I did not that early in the day. LOL

then when you come back, more than enough oil will have drained out so that you can swap out the filters, finish the job, & re-fill with oil worry free! Don't forget that if you are doing this yourself, then unlike the poor tech who hasta get thru so many oil changes a day or lose his job, YOU aren't on the clock, so relax a bit, take your time; it's meant to be therapeutic & satisfying, maybe even calming and enjoyable, this 'doing your own servicing thing'! So enjoy it, take your time, and then get out there and...... yep, you know what's coming...
    Not and issue, just a comment on the time it takes. This week is mowing week so was just hoping it wouldn't have taken quite so long
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRay View Post
    I went to the site for 7jurock 25. It says no mounting hard ware would be sent. How did you mount it? I have a 2019 F3s
    When I ordered a custom windshield from 7Jurock, made to my specs, that is wider than the stock mounting brackets, I knew that they provide no hardware. So I asked them to drill holes where the mounting screws go. I installed it placing spacers between the w/s and the bracket. Looks clean, works great. I never did care for those dorky looking black aftermarket brackets.

DSCN2870.jpg

DSCN2869.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post

Can't stand beer, but even if I did not that early in the day. LOL

Here in Oz, we've got ALL SORTS of different 'brews' - there's the beer type, sure, in all its varieties;
    but there's also the 'brew' that you get by boiling the billy over a campfire & adding a handful of tea leaves ( ) which you can sugar to taste if you're not sweet enough already, or even use coffee in lieu of tea leaves if that's you're preference ( ); then there's the 'brew' that you make with a coffee press or espresso with hot frothy milk (much nicer'n that other stuff - but us Ozzies are all coffee snobs! ); and amongst others, there's also that green or other weird coloured goop of a 'brew' that some people make in a blender or juicer with all sorts of horribly incompatible yukky stuff ( )

So clearly, 'Brew' is really just a term for 'a drink of your personal choice of poison' that is often used as an alternative to the older & now not so politically acceptable term of 'smoko', cos we don't smoke any more, do we?!? Or if you're more of British extraction or just an Anglophile, another alternative is 'cuppa', or even 'morning tea', 'elevenses', 'afternoon tea', or possibly even 'tiffin' (altho that's probably too long of a break! ); and those who are Tolkein fans might even use the term 'second breakfast'

But it really doesn't matter what you do, eat, or drink when you have or take a 'brew break' when it comes to motorcycle maintenance, it's much more important that you simply take the time to ponder the whatness of the why and enjoy the break while you pause during the maintenance process.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-11-2021 at 05:35 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Installed the Lamonster upgraded belt dampener bearing and replaced the BRP logos with black and red spider logos from Slingmods. Looks better and probably makes the trike go faster. Will include photos as soon as I'm able to resize them to comply with forum requirements. I'm computer illiterate and I lost my IT support when my daughter moved out and got married.

Life is not good or bad, it's just Life. Deal with it!

2018 F-3T, 2016 2500 Ram 4x4, 2020 VW Cross Sport, 2012 Travel trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRay View Post
    I already had the stock windshield from BRP so I had all the mounting hardware .
    2019 F3 S
    2019 f3-s , Blue

Spyder Garage

i installed Lamonsters belt thingamabob........belt vibration dampener........ very easy install..
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Last week I did this

cableado.jpg

Fusebox from battery under passenger seat.
    Relay excited with positive from client accesories
    Fuse and wire for GPS, alternative ahogahhh! and two car parks door.

At the momment all the installtion is done except the alternative horn.

Not pics till now, next time i undress the spyder i'll do them.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Installed a BajaRon sway bar & links, LaMonster belt damper, SpyderPops missing belt guard, Oil & Filter change, Removed my USB and Cig socket mount.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Installed Lamonsters dual power plate with usb and 12 volt sockets.Also a dash pouch and a pair grill covers from value accessories, very easy installs on 2021 rt. Limited.

Spyder Garage

Installed Lamonster driver backrest. What difference in ride comfort. Took about 20 minutes. Moved on to Lamonster LED headlights and Lamonster fog lights. Amazing how much Tupperware has to be removed just to replace the headlights. Fog lights were a piece of cake. Total of about 5 hours. Learned a lot about my F3-T in the process.

Spyder Garage

I put my Spyder up for sale. Something I didn’t want to do, but I have to.

Spyder Garage

Added a double USB plug that goes direct from battery so I can plug in anything that needs charging while bike is not running, such as a lunch break or to keep cell fully charged on trips, instead of charging it at night.

IMG_6703.jpg
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

For my F3-S Special I installed Shad saddlebags. On the wife's RTL installed RAM phone mount and show chrome backrest

Spyder Garage

I've seen numerous mentions of 7Jurock windshields on this forum and several of my riding friends have told me good things about the company. So, since my wife advised me she had invited 5 or 6 of her girlfriends over for a girls pool party, I decided it was time to go for a ride. 7Jurock is only about a 20 min ride from my place so I rode over to see what they were about. It's a very small family operation. Everything is handmade and made to order. I explained what I was looking for and the owner came out to my trike with a 18" w/s for an F3-T. He asked if I would be willing to let him mount it to my trike so I could try it out. I agreed and he told me he was working on a prototype for the F3-T/Limited that had wings and is a little wider. He asked if I could contact him in about 2 weeks and come back and check it out. So I left my old w/s with them and rode off with their w/s. Noticeable difference in wind striking my helmet and shoulders at freeway speeds. I'm looking forward to see what he comes up with in his new design. He took numerous pictures and measurements of my trike. I have never encountered a company like this and am very impressed. I will be recommending them to everyone.

Spyder Garage

Finally got it into the shop to fix the leaking water pump that I couldn't get to stop leaking.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    I've seen numerous mentions of 7Jurock windshields on this forum and several of my riding friends have told me good things about the company. So, since my wife advised me she had invited 5 or 6 of her girlfriends over for a girls pool party, I decided it was time to go for a ride. 7Jurock is only about a 20 min ride from my place so I rode over to see what they were about. It's a very small family operation. Everything is handmade and made to order. I explained what I was looking for and the owner came out to my trike with a 18" w/s for an F3-T. He asked if I would be willing to let him mount it to my trike so I could try it out. I agreed and he told me he was working on a prototype for the F3-T/Limited that had wings and is a little wider. He asked if I could contact him in about 2 weeks and come back and check it out. So I left my old w/s with them and rode off with their w/s. Noticeable difference in wind striking my helmet and shoulders at freeway speeds. I'm looking forward to see what he comes up with in his new design. He took numerous pictures and measurements of my trike. I have never encountered a company like this and am very impressed. I will be recommending them to everyone.
    The custom w/s 7Jurock made to my specs is 18" high and 9" wider than stock. The wind protection is perfect, I couldn't ask for better. When I mounted it on the bike and took off for the first ride with it, I thought I had made a mistake not making it taller, because I can see way above it. The flip saved the day. For the money, I don't think there is a better w/s out there.

DSCN2869.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Began prepping it for my road trip in a couple weeks. Put on: taller windshield, luggage rack-top case, quiet baffle and Shad bags. Checked-adjusted: oil level, coolant, tire pressures and critical fasteners.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Todays mail brought my Spyder Cuff and Phone Phang, so I had to get them installed. This should work out real well for me.

IMG_6725.jpg

Spyder Garage

Installed the SpyderPops belt guard and the upper vent grills. Also replaced the seat strut with the stronger one. Checked the belt tension since I had it on the lift to install the belt guard.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Spyder Garage

For the wife's RTL and my F3-S Special, added Spyclops light under hood lip on each bike. Installed her TricLED sequential fender LED's. In the process of installing mine, but do have one bad LED that TricLED is replacing.

Spyder Garage

Broke my lift arm on the windshield, got ahold of noboot Ron and have a nice new one coming in the mail!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Rode my Spyder on a journey over 200 miles for the first time. Definitely dealt with a sore backside! I suspect my weight (pushing 350 lbs) contributes to that. I am riding on a cannonball seat and using an Airhawk cushion. And still trying to find that happy place of amount of air in Airhawk. Yes I know, minimal air LOL.

Active Member SpyderGoldwingOwner's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Added a clamp on RAm brand cup holder with removable koozie. It clamps on the handlebars & swings back & forth
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT
    2018 Honda Goldwing DCT

Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast