Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Baja Ron shipped my missing spacers on Saturday and they arrived yesterday. Installed them this morning, so am ready for the ride to Jerome, AZ on Friday. Just a quick ride showed me the improvement that the sway bar adds. This afternoon I installed my Xumo XT using a Lamonster LG-1086 mount to the handle bars. Had read that the wire for the GPS was under the left side panel back by the seat, so I removed the service panel and the side panel. I then discovered the hookup was barely past the service panel. I could have actually accessed it through just the service panel.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

Modified ( seriously opened up ) the front intake of the 2014 RTS. Intake air must make a 180* turn to enter the convoluted intake track.
    Lew L
    I have pics in an Album of what I did with my air inlet ... 3 " metal tube, got rid of the plastic intake completely ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I have pics in an Album of what I did with my air inlet ... 3 " metal tube, got rid of the plastic intake completely ..... Mike
    Thanks Mike, I'll stick with what I have now as it right in front to get higher pressure, cold air. I've modified a lot of intakes < even my chain saw >
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Picked it up from the dealer service department after being there 3 - 1/2 weeks for two oil leak repairs.

Spent most of the afternoon trying to get things back in order, such as repairing broken or disconnected after market LED lighting wires and connectors, misaligned mirror covers and assorted odds and ends that they always seem to muck up and you don't see til you get it home safely into the garage. Nice day supposedly tomorrow, so after I clean off the pollen, rain spots and service department finger and hand prints, I will go for a much needed ride and make certain they fixed the oil leaks.

Glad the thing is finally off their lot and home safely.........
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

Well yesterday we did our ride to lunch up in Jerome. Unfortunately was not really a good test for the Baja Ron sway bar. The wind in the valley was 'gale force', and after we got into the twisties the traffic was terrible. Not at all what I expected for a weekday. The roads and Jerome were full of tourists. The twelve miles of mountain roads never saw me make my wife grab me once, so I know I was going slow. Will try to get a better ride in this coming week as the winds are supposed to subside, and I will try more middle of the week, hoping for less traffic.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Rode it in the rain. Needed dog food and milk.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    Well yesterday we did our ride to lunch up in Jerome. Unfortunately was not really a good test for the Baja Ron sway bar. The wind in the valley was 'gale force', and after we got into the twisties the traffic was terrible. Not at all what I expected for a weekday. The roads and Jerome were full of tourists. The twelve miles of mountain roads never saw me make my wife grab me once, so I know I was going slow. Will try to get a better ride in this coming week as the winds are supposed to subside, and I will try more middle of the week, hoping for less traffic.
    Several years ago I made the mistake of riding thru just before labor day ............ Dummy me ! Damn 89A was so full of pull behinds and motorhomes. At least I bought a Harley shirt.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Modified ( seriously opened up ) the front intake of the 2014 RTS. Intake air must make a 180* turn to enter the convoluted intake track.
    Lew L
    Did you notice any changes in performance or mpg?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Did you notice any changes in performance or mpg?
    Well it's just a seat of the pants but------ yes, at mid to upper revs at speed. Just a little-- probably me just thinking I did some good. But one hp here, one hp there and just like that there is a difference that is useful. Couldn't care about MPGs

Lew L

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Couldn't care about MPGs Lew L
    Ha, you say that now, but - when is your next desert trip?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Miles per Gallon

Ha, I usually get 38 to 41 MPG , 2 up with all the gear. It all seems to depend on how much over 65/68 MPH we go. I learned on my first long trip ( yes, through the desert) to fill up and not push the miles per tank. Put in over 6 gallons and was VERY concerned if we would make it to the next station------ In Rattlesnake, Ca. Above ground tank, in the middle of nowhere. Nova said she would NOT help push the through the desert. I don't think intake mods will affect mileage that much if at all. Long trips ( 2 ) planned for this summer. I'll try to keep good records of mileage.
    What app do you use for MPGs???

Lew L

Spyder Garage

Took a ryde with BattleBorn Spyders and caught this:

big spyder.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARNIE R View Post
    Picked it up from the dealer service department after being there 3 - 1/2 weeks for two oil leak repairs.

Spent most of the afternoon trying to get things back in order, such as repairing broken or disconnected after market LED lighting wires and connectors, misaligned mirror covers and assorted odds and ends that they always seem to muck up and you don't see til you get it home safely into the garage. Nice day supposedly tomorrow, so after I clean off the pollen, rain spots and service department finger and hand prints, I will go for a much needed ride and make certain they fixed the oil leaks.

Glad the thing is finally off their lot and home safely.........

Took a good long 150 mile ride today and happy to report no visible oil drops hanging off the bottom of the engine when I arrived home, especially from the shift linkage boot. A split piston sealing ring was allowing oil to flow past and get inside the rubber boot and then start leaking around the edge.
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

. What app do you use for MPGs??? Lew L
    Divide elapsed miles between fillups per trip odometer A by gallons used per fuel pump readout. On a long trip, I keep a log of elapsed miles per trip odometer B and divide it by total gallons consumed per trip.

Then, adjust for evaporation rate per average temperature and humidity.

I'm kidding about that last bit.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

did not do anything to the Spyder today, but did order a 'straight on' digital tire gauge and 100 push pins.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Divide elapsed miles between fillups per trip odometer A by gallons used per fuel pump readout. On a long trip, I keep a log of elapsed miles per trip odometer B and divide it by total gallons consumed per trip.

Then, adjust for evaporation rate per average temperature and humidity.

I'm kidding about that last bit.
    It's good that you added that---- some folks would take you seriously. I know how to do the math---- I know there are apps out there that keep in all on your phone.

Lew L

Spyder Garage

Added a pair of speakers for $89. Pretty loud and decent sounding. I can hear then good up until about 55MPH.

Thanks to a search on this site I found out the "Customer Accessory Switch" has a inline 10 amp fuse. So ran the 12 volts through that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's good that you added that---- some folks would take you seriously. I know how to do the math---- I know there are apps out there that keep in all on your phone. Lew L
    I'm pretty much old school when it comes to that.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Since I happened to be in Arkansas and since Spyderpops was only a little over 100 miles out of the way I took a chance and went by and they made time to align my front end. Not out much but it drives surprisingly better.

Great folks, wish we had time to sit around a talk longer, maybe in Hot Springs in a few weeks.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

That is interesting. I wonder how often the front end needs to be aligned.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTX View Post
    That is interesting. I wonder how often the front end needs to be aligned.
    Last week did a quick check on my friends new and only 2 week old 2021 RT Limited. While certainly better aligned than our 2014 RTS when we purchased it, his 2021 was needing adjustment.

He had the typical remarks of regarding ill handling.

Quick adjustment, but not a full on laser alignment and the handling was transformed for the better. He ordered new Federal front tires to ditch the oem Kendas. When they arrive, I will get them mounted, and dynamic balance them to within 0.1 ounce. Then pull out the ROLO laser alignment tools and accomplish a laser alignment and reset the sensors with BUDS.

So how often do alignments need to be accomplished. Hopefully at around 200 to 500 miles initially. Thereafter, some say when after removing the rear wheel. Not much to a Spyder front suspension, so in theory, a Spyder could easily go many miles without realigning.

Spyder Garage

So with a little under 1k on the clock, do I need to lean on my servicing dealer to do this under warranty ?

Spyder Garage

Installed the Amazon auxiliary light. I used a plug that fits the oem plug instead of cutting the wires.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08PV67W...ing=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07FJSJM...ing=UTF8&psc=1

20210525_090154.jpg
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ES44AC View Post
    Installed the Amazon auxiliary light. I used a plug that fits the oem plug instead of cutting the wires.
    Post photos after you mounted them, please.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ES44AC View Post

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08PV67W...ing=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07FJSJM...ing=UTF8&psc=1

20210525_090154.jpg
    These are off road lights for a truck. Are you serious that you mounted them on a Spyder?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast