Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

So today, I had collected all I thought necessary for an oil change: oil, filte, o rings, allen wrenches, etc. I did not get a socket for the oil filter cover because, I thought, I can probably jsut use my large adjustable wrench. Wrong. Ended up with alll the tupperware off the bike only to discover the way the damn oil filter is placed, there is little to no room for anything. Went to get a 36 MM socket at local ACE hardware. Came back. Removed filter cap or actually loosened it almost all the way. Tried to get under Spyder to remove oil plug. Coundn’t. Maybe I have a big head but I couldn’t even get my floor jack in position to jack up. Not enough room. I had a bright idea. I’d get these two 4x4 posts and a couple of sturdy boards for a ramp. Prepared ramp. Got on bike and rode up ramp. Set break and got off only to find oil pouring out. Surprised by that. How was that happening? I figured it out. The oil pumped up and out of the oil filter cap. What an fing mess. CLeaned it up and got the oil plug out and drained it the rest of the way. Videos said a 40and 45 mm wrench for the plugs. Nothing I had matched that. I did have an allen wrench for oil plug but nothing that fit the transmission plug. Why doesn’t the owners manual have a list of tools needed. I ended up replacing oil plug. Taking care of filter and its cover and adding oil. I hope the transmisison is OK. Anyway, at 16K the machine runs nicer. WHat ajourney! Now to clean up driveway and get rid of oil. NExt time, I’ll be better prepared. I’ll have ramps and all tools.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brainsprain View Post
    So today, I had collected all I thought necessary for an oil change: oil, filte, o rings, allen wrenches, etc. I did not get a socket for the oil filter cover because, I thought, I can probably jsut use my large adjustable wrench. Wrong. Ended up with alll the tupperware off the bike only to discover the way the damn oil filter is placed, there is little to no room for anything. Went to get a 36 MM socket at local ACE hardware. Came back. Removed filter cap or actually loosened it almost all the way. Tried to get under Spyder to remove oil plug. Coundn’t. Maybe I have a big head but I couldn’t even get my floor jack in position to jack up. Not enough room. I had a bright idea. I’d get these two 4x4 posts and a couple of sturdy boards for a ramp. Prepared ramp. Got on bike and rode up ramp. Set break and got off only to find oil pouring out. Surprised by that. How was that happening? I figured it out. The oil pumped up and out of the oil filter cap. What an fing mess. CLeaned it up and got the oil plug out and drained it the rest of the way. Videos said a 40and 45 mm wrench for the plugs. Nothing I had matched that. I did have an allen wrench for oil plug but nothing that fit the transmission plug. Why doesn’t the owners manual have a list of tools needed. I ended up replacing oil plug. Taking care of filter and its cover and adding oil. I hope the transmisison is OK. Anyway, at 16K the machine runs nicer. WHat ajourney! Now to clean up driveway and get rid of oil. NExt time, I’ll be better prepared. I’ll have ramps and all tools.
    I love it the dumb stuff we do and the frustration at times. I could see my self years ago going though the same thing as I read your post. On getting the job done. Enjoy the Ride!!
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Installed the "360 LED" headlights. Oh what a difference!!!

EDIT: Just had my first night ride. Unbelievable. The visibility is literally night and day. Not only are they really bright, they cover so much more of the area in front/side of you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZCanAm View Post
    Installed the "360 LED" headlights. Oh what a difference!!!
    From where did you get them? Got a link?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Installed SEALIGHT H4 LED Headlight bulbs on my F3T.
    Really bright.
    Purchased thru Amazon.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    From where did you get them? Got a link?
    TricLED had 2 flavors of 360 headlights and fogs also.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    TricLED had 2 flavors of 360 headlights and fogs also.
    I saw just one 360 for headlights from each supplier - there's more? It looks as though there is no need to rotate the bulb like you do a two sided one. Correct? Here are the ones I saw for the F3.....the two seem to be different in those photos.......

https://www.slingmods.com/can-am-spy...kit?search=360

https://tricledusa.com/products/f3-s...2a8391ae&_ss=r
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

The top link you provided is where I got mine. They ship really fast. Great upgrade. The video they provided for the install was spot on. Just watch it a couple times and you're on your way. Took me two hours taking my time. Really easy though.

Spyder Garage

Today I replaced all 3 tires with OEM tires, had the laser alignment done, and had a spare key made. Bump steer & tramlining is vastly improved. Much safer trike.

If you're in Arizona, if you buy the tire from them, installation is free at "Ride Now Chandler". Only $424 out the door including taxes, disposal, and new valve stems.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZCanAm View Post
    The top link you provided is where I got mine. They ship really fast. Great upgrade. The video they provided for the install was spot on. Just watch it a couple times and you're on your way. Took me two hours taking my time. Really easy though.
    Thanks AZ, I agree, I have often ordered from Slingmods. Speaking of videos, I was surfing YouTube for headlight bulb installations and came across a 59 second one where the guy did it to an F3L or T removing ONLY the service panels. As I have "artist hands" I checked to see if I could do it and I can! The right side is the tightest, so I tried it first. There is protrusion the is in the way and can shred your skin. It does nothing, so I trimmed it down and VIOLA more room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_vm0x0Jaxw

Spyder Garage

I added the foam grips and lid-lox this evening. Tomorrow will be the F3 frame mounted drink holder w/bag from Lamonster, the belt tensioner, also from Lamonster, the Cyclops front light, and probably Saturday or Sunday I will install the Top Case/Seat Extender. Don't need to install, but also purchased the UltraGuard full cover.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wanted a set of highway pegs for my 2020 RT, but didnt want to spend $200. I found a set for $80 on amazon for an F3 and modified the mount to fit my boards. Also did the same for a set of flags. Everyone wanted $90 for one flag pole(no flag included) for the trunk on the RT. Found a pair with flags for a harley for $38 and made my own mount brackets for $12. Im not cheap, just not wasteful.
    IMG_20210402_202705579.jpgIMG_20210402_202715141.jpg
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I wanted a set of highway pegs for my 2020 RT, but didnt want to spend $200. I found a set for $80 on amazon for an F3 and modified the mount to fit my boards. Also did the same for a set of flags. Everyone wanted $90 for one flag pole(no flag included) for the trunk on the RT. Found a pair with flags for a harley for $38 and made my own mount brackets for $12. Im not cheap, just not wasteful.
    Beautiful bike!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Thanks AZ, I agree, I have often ordered from Slingmods. Speaking of videos, I was surfing YouTube for headlight bulb installations and came across a 59 second one where the guy did it to an F3L or T removing ONLY the service panels. As I have "artist hands" I checked to see if I could do it and I can! The right side is the tightest, so I tried it first. There is protrusion the is in the way and can shred your skin. It does nothing, so I trimmed it down and VIOLA more room.

Wow. I am amazed. Very creative. Don't drop anything.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    We are cut from the same cloth. I don't spend money easily and if I can make it myself, or modify to fit, that's what I do. Welcome to the club!

Spyder Garage

Has anyone tried changing F3L or T headlight bulbs this way? I checked to see if I could reach both bulbs and since I have "artist's hands" I found I could. Sure beats removing a lot of Tupperware. The downside is, it's done mostly by braille. Here is a short 59 second video.....

Spyder Garage

Haven't tried this method. Had enough difficulty with the procedure outlined by LaMonster.
    Nonetheless the LED bulbs are fantastic. I used Sealight H4 bulbs found on Amazon.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Drove wife's F3L to Vancover WA. yesterday. Stayed there last night. Took her Spyder to the dealer first thing this morning there, an they did the oil change an service. It was the second service on it. Like all things, labor price went up. $130 an hr now. I should of let the wife take her ride there instead then she could have paid for the service instead of me.

Spyder Garage

Installed a set of Heli Bars, a Lamonster top cuff w/ball mount for phone. Then I installed a set of front fender lights that are running lights and sequential signal lights. I hope it warms up soon so I can stop spending money and ride.
    2021 RTL Chrome Deep Marsala
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Front fender lights & Sequential turn signals
    Front LED Auxiliary light
    Flashing brake module TricLED
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Installed "Spyder Extras 12V Docking Station with Dual USB Charge Ports" from SlingMods. I really like it. Puts the phone exactly where I want it and has USB and 12 volt lighter port.

20210403_133000 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/182341401@N05/]

20210403_132947 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/182341401@N05/]

Spyder Garage

installed the mirror 'wedgies'. Seems to have solved the problem, and was no more than 5 minutes work.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Installed a wire for my heated jacket. Hooked it up to the battery.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Rode it and beat it like a red-headed stepchild! For the record, the PV3 tuner totally woke up the ride. Didn't even turn on the Pedal Commander.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Got the top case/seat extender installed got to take Momma for a ride if the wind will go down

Spyder Garage

Cleaned the after Yesterday's ryde to Walker Burger with BattleBorn Spyder group.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast