Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I put a new Comfort seat on the old girl, and I have to say so far the butt likes it!!!! I have to give a happy shout out to Bob on this site that sold it to me!!!! Thank You !!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Actually it started last week but yesterday I finished replacing the OEM fog lights on my 2015 RT-S with a pair of LED bulbs. Here's is what I learned.

First, beware of seemingly innocent pauses during even the best "how to" videos. They can mask the tricky bits and make them appear easy. Second, replacing the right side bulb is not difficult, however, replacing the left side is downright impossible if your hands are anything larger than extra-small. The designer who located the cold air intake in close proximity to the left side fog lamp weather-proof cap should receive the cruel and unusual design punishment award.

No matter what I tried I could not manage to install the left side bulb and then re-attach the weather-proof cap. There just isn't enough room to for anyone with normal sized hands. The result is that it looks like I tried to beat back a rogue cactus with the back of both hands. And here's a bear your soul confession- all I managed to do is snap off the locating tabs on the LED lamp! The saving grace is that I bought two sets (the other being for my bride's RTL.) So, after a day to calm down and convince myself I'm not a complete idiot, I decided the best approach was the complicated way - disassemble the front of the machine.

Which brings me to yesterday. I had a good part of the day to myself (wife being occupied with a tele-conference) so I ran the RT-S up on ramps and removed all the bits and pieces that need to be removed so the frunk could then be extracted from the machine. Another confession: I was very reluctant to tackle that. As it happens, the process actually wasn't as horrible as I expected - six bolts, six electrical connectors, some push pins, a couple of Torx screws, one hose clamp (cold air intake) and trunk opening cable. And even with the frunk sitting on a cushion of the floor it was still a fiddly process to install the weather proof cap on the left side.

Added benefits of removing the frunk included cleaning the radiators and correctly attaching the battery hold down bracket. Much to my surprise, as well, was that the reassembly process was reasonably easy. One worthwhile tip: "lubricate" the inside of the cold air duct with a little dishwashing foam to make the re-connecting process less irritating. The bottom line is that it's all back together and, what' s more, everything works.

When the new LED bulb arrives I won't have as many reservations attacking my wife's 2012 RTL. And I'll replace the horn while I'm at it, It's buried deep in the bowls of the machine unlike the you-can-actually-reach-it location on my 2015.

Oh yeah, here's proof it actually happened.

Frunk Removal 02.jpg
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Actually it started last week but yesterday I finished replacing the OEM fog lights on my 2015 RT-S with a pair of LED bulbs. Here's is what I learned.

First, beware of seemingly innocent pauses during even the best "how to" videos. They can mask the tricky bits and make them appear easy. Second, replacing the right side bulb is not difficult, however, replacing the left side is downright impossible if your hands are anything larger than extra-small. The designer who located the cold air intake in close proximity to the left side fog lamp weather-proof cap should receive the cruel and unusual design punishment award.

No matter what I tried I could not manage to install the left side bulb and then re-attach the weather-proof cap. There just isn't enough room to for anyone with normal sized hands. The result is that it looks like I tried to beat back a rogue cactus with the back of both hands. And here's a bear your soul confession- all I managed to do is snap off the locating tabs on the LED lamp! The saving grace is that I bought two sets (the other being for my bride's RTL.) So, after a day to calm down and convince myself I'm not a complete idiot, I decided the best approach was the complicated way - disassemble the front of the machine.

Which brings me to yesterday. I had a good part of the day to myself (wife being occupied with a tele-conference) so I ran the RT-S up on ramps and removed all the bits and pieces that need to be removed so the frunk could then be extracted from the machine. Another confession: I was very reluctant to tackle that. As it happens, the process actually wasn't as horrible as I expected - six bolts, six electrical connectors, some push pins, a couple of Torx screws, one hose clamp (cold air intake) and trunk opening cable. And even with the frunk sitting on a cushion of the floor it was still a fiddly process to install the weather proof cap on the left side.

Added benefits of removing the frunk included cleaning the radiators and correctly attaching the battery hold down bracket. Much to my surprise, as well, was that the reassembly process was reasonably easy. One worthwhile tip: "lubricate" the inside of the cold air duct with a little dishwashing foam to make the re-connecting process less irritating. The bottom line is that it's all back together and, what' s more, everything works.

When the new LED bulb arrives I won't have as many reservations attacking my wife's 2012 RTL. And I'll replace the horn while I'm at it, It's buried deep in the bowls of the machine unlike the you-can-actually-reach-it location on my 2015.

Oh yeah, here's proof it actually happened.

Frunk Removal 02.jpg
    You have my condolences on trying the "ol left light bulb on an RT" - the last time I did it I weighed up the possibility that if it blows again i'll trade it in - maybe, and similar to you I did lose weight - but only the skin from my hands

I haven't had the testicular fortitude to remove the frunk, started down the road of doing it a few times and chickened out for fear I'd need to balance the RT on one shoulder, hold the frunk in one hand, the bolts in another and steer some stupidly designed reverse locating lug all at the same time - but your notes give me confidence.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Put the Wick-it Performance stage 1 flashed ECU back into 2017 Spyder RTL (10 day turn around with priority mail taking 4 days now instead of 2 Florida to Louisiana and back), then added a Wolo Bad Boy air horn.

Still to be added: 6 outlet accessory bus, dual usb port in empty space between switches, add the K&N air filter, add the La monster idler pulley, driver highway extended foot rests, LED head, fog and driving lights, magic mirror magnetic mounts and drink holders. Have all already. Will be busy every day for the next month or so.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Inastalled air scoop tunnel grilles, not as simple a job as one may think.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn8964 View Post
    Put the Wick-it Performance stage 1 flashed ECU back into 2017 Spyder RTL (10 day turn around with priority mail taking 4 days now instead of 2 Florida to Louisiana and back), then added a Wolo Bad Boy air horn.

Still to be added: 6 outlet accessory bus, dual usb port in empty space between switches, add the K&N air filter, add the La monster idler pulley, driver highway extended foot rests, LED head, fog and driving lights, magic mirror magnetic mounts and drink holders. Have all already. Will be busy every day for the next month or so.
    Eager to hear how the ECU remap goes. I am keen to look at this for mine once the warranty expires on my 17 RTL
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I needed a higher and wider windshield that utilizes the stock brackets and has a flip, so I called my go-to w/s maker, 7Jurock and they made one to my specs and only charges what a stock one would cost. It works great for me - all is calm in the rider's seat.
    Sorry about the upside down pics. I wish I knew how to correct this.

20201018_200053.jpg

20201018_200111.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Added two handlebar bar end cap weights - didn't need washers on right side - throttle works as before.

Took a short ride - Doesn't do much if anything but looks good.

Since that took all of 5 minutes - I decided to clean her up a bit - used old brand of Honda clean and polish spray almost everywhere.

ON a few of my past two wheelers I filled the handle bars (handlebars being long one piece) with buckshot and added heavy insert bar end weights - all but eliminated handlebar vibration.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Moving Spyder to storage unit today. Snow in forecast for the weekend. Hopefully we will get some decent weather after next weeks cold and wet so I can get in another ride or two. Storage unit is only 5 minuets from home.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

End of season oil/filter change. However, the season doesn't really end until salt hits the roads.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Got my USA and US Army flags all set up. Some 16ga. galvanized steel painted and bent JUST SO mounted where the trunk lid closed. BRP so kindly provided 4 large screws there. I'm far to stingy to pay over $90 for less than $10 of material. The new USA flag cost more than both mounts.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Loaded it up on the trailer today for a trip tomorrow from VA down to FL. Gotta go down and help my parents a bit with some medical concerns and not sure how long I may be there, so.........

I know its not the safest time to travel, however, I haven't seen them in over a year and you never know with age creeping up.

I will limit my contact with other people as much as possible. Taking a leisurely 3 day journey using the secondary roads instead of I95 and I75 - the latter being the worst of them.
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

2019 RT-S, season end oil and filter change.
    Motul 300V, Outlaw filter, BajaRon O-Ring kit.
    https://www.motul.com/ca/en-US/produ...d-racing-15w50
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077ZRCCNC...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    NOCO tender plugged in, sleep well until April 1....

Spyder Garage

Road tested the saddle modifications plus heat and a wider and taller (18" 7Jurock) windshield. Wife was passenger and granddaughter rode her Honda Magna along the Columbia River to Stenson, WA for lunch.
    The ride began in low 50* temp and the bun warmer did a great job of keeping us comfy. 20 years ago, I discovered seat heat on a rented BMW KLT and I never want to leave home without it now.
    Thanks to its flip, the windshield did a great job of shielding us. I was in a calm and the wife said there was much less wind on her than with the normal width, 16" 7Jurock with a flip.
    Gotta go out today too and take advantage of an all too rare (for this time of year) 64* high.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Today I renewed my license and Insurance for another 12 months. Went for a short scoot. Temperature in the high 40’s although when I got near the mountains it cooled off considerably. Supposed to be heavy rain now for the remainder of the week. I ride whenever it’s dry. The cooler temps don’t bother me as much as the wet does.....I can dress easily for the cold.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Installed the drivers backrest that the seller included in the deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

I ordered a Pedal Commander to go with my Stage II tune..it should be interesting..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    I ordered a Pedal Commander to go with my Stage II tune..it should be interesting..
    Please let us know your thoughts. Can't wait to hear!

Spyder Garage

Changed out the grill filters on my 2020 RT and my wife's 2018 F3. Lots of bugs in the old filters from our 9000 mile trip. Very pleased that they didn't make it to our radiators!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Installed a double usb port on the dash, and took a 50 mile ride.

Spyder Garage

Fixed my right run/turn fender lights on my 2020 RT. Turn out to be a defective y spliter wire.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

The pedal commander is fantastic...it works hand in hand with the stage II tune...worth every penny.

Spyder Garage

Sealed the cement on the new shop floor and the outside floor for the new Spyder shop built from the old milk barn. Now to get the wiring insulation and sheet rocking done hopefully before winter sets in to hard.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

With spring like wx here in central N.C., rode 198 miles with a buddy. Mostly back roads in foot hills of the Blue Ridge.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

I'm new here. Yesterday I purchased a rack for my 2021 Spyder F3-T

Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast