Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Hey askitee - that's a Pauline Hanson question for ya.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

PUT HER TO BED!!!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Same thing as yesterday, and tomorrow will the same - rode it to work.
    2016 RTL "Boris"

Foam Grips
    Utopia Backrest
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Bajaron sway bar
    LED Bumpskid w/remote
    Belt guard
    BRT rear lighting w/strobe
    High mount BRT w/strobe
    Dual a-arm LEDs w/turn signals
    Multicolor underground Halo lighting
    LED headlights and foglights
    FOBO TPMS
    Techgripper phone holder
    Lidlox
    Dual USB with voltmeter
    Dakota Digital Compass/Clock/Altimeter/Temperature Gauge
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 175/55R15 - Fronts
    General Altimax RT43 215/60R15 - Rear

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Not being familiar, the two pics are different. Can you explain? Thanks.
    If it's askitee's Wilburs shock pics you're asking about bikerbill, then the pic of the single shock with a 'tail' is the rear shock & its extended 'adjuster', so the rider can make some adjustments without getting on the ground &/or pulling the bike apart; while the pic with the pair of shocks shows the front shocks, cos once mounted, you can still fairly readily see & access the 'tube mounted' adjusters.

But if it's not those pics you're concerned about, then sorry, I got nothin'!!

Help any?!

Now I've gotta go practice pronouncing 'Wilbers' the same way Homer Simpson pronounces Doughnuts.... I'm still having difficulties doing it properly without drooling!

Nice shocks askitee!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes Peter, that was it, thanks for the response.

Spyder Garage

Single shock is the rear, the 2 shocks are the front. It is not that hard.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks to also Fearless, I was not aware or I would not have asked the question. I'm just not as smart as some people.

Spyder Garage

Nothing.....to either one of them.....

Spyder Garage

It was too wet to ryde today, so I installed LED headlights and "Vader" LED headlight eyebrows. Yesterday I installed a luggage rack.
    2018 RT , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Installed a Halo Skid plate by Custom Spyder Works. Looks great.
    2016 RTL , Stock Black

Spyder Garage

Nothing!

It is in for its loooooooooooooooong winters nap, at a dealership.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    If it's askitee's Wilburs shock pics you're asking about bikerbill, then the pic of the single shock with a 'tail' is the rear shock & its extended 'adjuster', so the rider can make some adjustments without getting on the ground &/or pulling the bike apart; while the pic with the pair of shocks shows the front shocks, cos once mounted, you can still fairly readily see & access the 'tube mounted' adjusters.

But if it's not those pics you're concerned about, then sorry, I got nothin'!!

Help any?!

Now I've gotta go practice pronouncing 'Wilbers' the same way Homer Simpson pronounces Doughnuts.... I'm still having difficulties doing it properly without drooling!

Nice shocks askitee!
    Sorry, but each reference to Homer Simpsons tone saying Wilburs, simply sends me to thoughts of Mister Ed, the talking horse saying “Willllbuurrrrrr”

Spyder Garage

Full service ready for winter riding - Thanks Ron for filters etc etc One thing that really got me angry was both drain plugs had their hex head rounded and you could see where Can am garage had hit with drift to tighten...... Once I got them out I brazed a 10mm headed nut to both as they do not stick down below body work - now all fixed
    2009 GS SE5 , MDS wires and NGK Red

Spyder Garage

I RODE my Spyder yesterday!

Started out planning on doing about a hundred kms with the Missus on the pillion seat; about an hour's ryde each way heading down outta the Hills to meet up with some local & visiting interstate family for lunch at a very nice place down on the Esplanade overlooking the sea. Took a little while to get going, but t'was a bee-ewdiful day, with just a liddle bit of rain early on, only by then we were moving along fairly well so we didn't get wet.

We were thru the rain fairly quickly and it fined up to be clear & sunny from there on, albeit with a bit of gusty wind at times. Our 'family gathering' was great, got asked by a few of the 'not so often seen rellies' to take them for a quick spin on the Spyder - Happy to oblige, & they all loved it! The only motorcyclist amongst them (semi-retired dirt track racer!) was particularly amazed at how fast & stable the Spyder was & at how much faster it could rip thru corners that he'd hafta slow right down for - the first one even produced a horrified 'expletive deleted' from him, but he settled in pretty quick.... and I didn't even wring it out... well, not much anyway, & certainly not hard! He headed home with a gleam in his eye and all the Spyder info he could get, including all I knew about his local Dealers, my 'recommended mods' & of course, contact details for the ECU Upgrade!

And when everyone started to leave after our extended lunch & get together, the Missus & I decided that since it was such a nice day and still only late arvo, it was simply waaayy too early just to head home along the main drag, contending with all the 'Thank God it's Friday, lemme get home' or weekend bound commuters, so we took the looong way home and racked up a few more hundred kms of just ryding thru the back roads & slowly (with a little bit of quick thrown in just as variety! ) wending our way in generally the right direction.... Didn't get home 'til close to midnight, but had a fantastic day, & a wonderful ryde!

And Today is looking pretty good for doing some more of the same!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I took advantage of a rare day off work with no Spyder customers in the shop and worked on MY bike. Installed new SSV stereo system and replaced my horn. Gotta admit, the SSV kit is pretty trick. Well done hardware and wiring harnesses. Sounds great and the electronics take NO space in the trunk. Love the control pad mount on top of the handle bar clamp block.

I am leading a ride with our riding club tomorrow up to Jewett TX to check out the Union Pacific Big Boy locomotive that is making a stop there for lunch. Largest Steam locomotive in the world...all 1.2 MILLION lbs of it.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Went for a one hour ride today. We are experiencing our "coldest" weather so far. We are about 20 degrees below normal, they say. 40 high today and 25 at night. There is a distinct chill in the air. Time to put the liner in the jacket, move to the winter gloves (the hand grip heaters felt good today), and either put on the chaps or first gear pants with liners. Supposed to be 60's tomorrow and Sunday. Then an even colder stretch of weather Mon/Tue. No snow yet. I am enjoying riding in November. Have not done that in about 20 years.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-08-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We are supposed to be in the deep freeze starting tomorrow, but warming up into positive numbers (+2C) by next Friday so today.... I booked her in for servicing, and a whole pile of mods on the blank canvas that she is (Baja Ron Anti-sway bar, drivers backrest, usb port on steering column along with a ramX mount, a bag rack for the trunk lid and the pig tail for the battery tender)... dug my snowmobile suit out to wear just in case. I figure as long as it isn't snowing.... it'll be a good last ride until spring (dealer is about 25km from my house).

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Spyder Garage

Finally a small break in the rain (Europe is drowning) so nice morning ride - bit clilly 4 deg C (39F) but nice to see the sun come up....
    2009 GS SE5 , MDS wires and NGK Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Not being familiar, the two pics are different. Can you explain? Thanks.
    HI BikerBillOne.

Pic on the left is the rear shock with remote adjustment. The right is of the two fronts
    2017 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    An awesome what did you do to the Spyder reply. FWIW, you will likely find that once set, the clickers will stay in that setting without a need to change.
    Hi PMK,

I'm a wee bit fussy when it comes to riding. When I raced MotoX our team mechanic always hammered us about getting to know what the suspension was telling us when at the track, a habit I took when I began touring.

My last two wheeler a VF1000F II F had adjustments for everything and I'd make sure the bike was set for the different rides we undertook, plus help setup friends bikes. Tuning suspension to get things right "floats my boat".
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I took advantage of a rare day off work with no Spyder customers in the shop and worked on MY bike. Installed new SSV stereo system and replaced my horn. Gotta admit, the SSV kit is pretty trick. Well done hardware and wiring harnesses. Sounds great and the electronics take NO space in the trunk. Love the control pad mount on top of the handle bar clamp block.

I am leading a ride with our riding club tomorrow up to Jewett TX to check out the Union Pacific Big Boy locomotive that is making a stop there for lunch. Largest Steam locomotive in the world...all 1.2 MILLION lbs of it.
    Would like to see the Big Boy in person. That one always held me in awe. Had an HO guage version and very impressive.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Went for a nice 80 mile ride today. 60 degrees (in the sun) but at least 10 lower in the shady spots.

Beautiful ride. This fall was not one of spectacular colors. Maybe next year. We went from green to brownish gold. There were some bright reds and oranges about three weeks ago, but they were few and far between.

About half the leaves are now down. What remains is tarnished gold and varying shades of brown. Pretty in its own way. A total different look than a week ago.

We do love riding this time of year. In AK...the bikes would be parked until Mar/April.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Went for a short ride and put it in the storage unit for the winter. Snow is forecast for tomorrow and high on Monday forecast to be 18 F. In March I will load it on a trailer and take to the dealer to get the Check Transmission warning checked out and have it serviced for the 2020 season. Nanny kicked in on a sharp curve, then the Check transmission warning showed up.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

Today I put the first scratch in my 2019 RTL. Pulling into my shed, standing on the footboards so I could look over the windshield and get the front really close to the back shed wall. Got close to the wall, right foot missed the brake pedal (note to self, get the bigger pedal!). Hit the wall at about 1 mph. About a 2" long scratch in the "beak" of the frunk. NOW I have a 2X4 on the floor so the bike will stop before it hits the wall! Just ordered touch up point from ScratchesHappen.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While ryding about 116 myles today, Nanny started visually whining something about Low Brake Fluid, so when I got home I took off my leather jacket (dang! it warmed up to 72F) and gave her about 6-8 eyedropper sips of Dot 4 to shut her up.

Maybe she'll thank me on tomorrow's ryde?
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl