Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default What did you do to your Spyder today?

Just what it says really...I see this question/topic on a couple other forums I visit, and it's always interesting to see what people post. So, what did you do to your Spyder today? Any model, heck let's include Ryker too.....
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Checked out the new tires ( Quadtrak 5 ) up and down Gieger Grade. They work REAL good. 17.5 psi BTW.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Picked up gas to top off the tank for the winter storage and received a K&N air filter to put in. This will complete my maintance work which was new spark plugs, oil and filter change, transmission filter replaced, gas filter changed, and sea foam added to the gas tank, battery tender hooked up.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Glad you were able to include Ryker - road it and had fun - as I do every day!!!!

Spyder Garage

Since we have snow here already, I winterized it and stored it away over the weekend.
    So all I did today was go out to the garage to see if it was still there.

Spyder Garage

Night ride to my Scout Troop meeting and back home.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Sat at my desk at work and daydreamed about riding.
    At lunch time I did some research for front tires for the ST.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Wished I was riding instead of driving, then found out I have Dr.'s appointment in the morning so I will be riding at least one more day. No new snow here or for several more days so I may get some more riding in.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 59°

I took my Spyder for the afternoon 'wind therapy'......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

took it for a spin up the road to see why the power was off, and see when it was going to be back on!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nice medium ride, little cool. Got some gas and called it a day. Content.

Spyder Garage

Last week, Not today, I spent some quality time working on the Spyder. I had a stash of parts that had accumulated but not been installed.

The mods from last week were.

1) Replaced the oem spark plugs with Nippon Denso plugs

2) Converted the Spyder and RT622 trailer from 4 pin square to 4 pin flat.

3) Replaced the oem cast aluminum windscreen arm with the NoBoot billet aluminum windscreen arm.

4) Installed 1/4 turn fasteners to the left and right bodypanels to prevent them from inadvertently jettisoning while moving.

5) Removed more of the soundproofing foam and adhesive that had turned to goo with age. At this time I have not replaced the soundproofing, but will, utilizing the same high performance material we use in aircraft, and I already replaced on the Spyders acoustic panels.

6) Flushed the brake system, bled and serviced with new Pentisone fluid.

7) Replaced the fuel filter, utilizing fuel injection specific hose clamps.

Spyder Garage

Wow I am listening to the weather on the news and she just said to take the bike today cause the weather will be great. I think I'll take her advise

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

We try to get between 50 to 100 miles in most every day, now that we are in the South. Yesterday, it was 60's and sunny. Today, high 50's and some clouds. Perhaps a ride this PM.

I am not planning on a winter lay up. Time will tell. The bikes were serviced a couple thousand miles ago...so we are still good there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Like most days, rode it to the gym to work out only it was quite nippy with some frost in spots so I made the routine 13 miler one way a 25 miler to get it fully warmed up. Reversed it on the way home.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I said “Gooooooood morning Bella!” this morning as I walked by her and I pulled out of the garage in my truck. She smiled and went back to bed. Her dumb brothers smiled too, like a bird dog when they see you dressed in orange. IT’S SNOWING TODAY! Yep all three sleds Look like dumb dogs sitting behind her. Suppose to be in the 40’s and sunny Saturday. She’ll get a little Jolt and ride then.

Spyder Garage

Snows gone today and its partly sunny at 32 degrees and dry roads so.......”I road her to work.” The 3 sleds did not look happy when I closed the garage door! Just warming up for sledding season. 4-6” snow tomorrow -Friday but Saturday is looking good suppose to get into the 40’s and sunny again! 18 miles to work and 18-30 miles home depending on the detour

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I finally decided that the weather had turned against me. I used to ride my GW down to 32-24 degree's , but that was when I was young and had something to prove. I'm 72 and only do things if they are fun. So today, I cleared up the mess in my basement fully heated the engine ( 4 bars ) and brought Her down ( 5ft below ground level ) to the Spydercave. I put Her up on ramps and jacked up the rear 12 in. took off the drain plugs and removed the oil filter...…. 6hrs later it is still dripping oil, ( might as well get it ALL out )… Aftyer removing the right side mirror ( I have magnets so very easy ) I removed the upper side panel. Last year I drilled a large hole in the inside panel, so I could extract the oil filter without having to remove that panel. I haven't noticed any more heat on that side so I won't be covering the hole, ( it could be done with Duct Tape ) ….. I'll post a pic of where to cut the hole if you want to see where it's done …… Mike

Spyder Garage

My bike finally arrived last week and is currently undergoing a transformation from a Dark model to a chrome model with a ton of extras being put on.

Soon it will be done and sitting in my garage instead of the dealers.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Another 3" of snow here today so we're stickin a fork in it for the season. Oil is changed and they're tucked away in the corner.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    We try to get between 50 to 100 miles in most every day, now that we are in the South. Yesterday, it was 60's and sunny. Today, high 50's and some clouds. Perhaps a ride this PM.

I am not planning on a winter lay up. Time will tell. The bikes were serviced a couple thousand miles ago...so we are still good there.
    Always put the bikes away for the winter as soon as salt went down on the roads when we were in Minnesota, latest I ever rode was the day after Thanksgiving. Since moving to the SW corner of Missouri I detail the bikes, change oils, fill with non-ethanol gas, add fuel stabilizer and run them to get the stabilizer into the engine. Did that today. If the roads haven't been salted or if the salt has been washed off by rain I'll ride all during winter, and fill with ethanol free gas and stabilizer after the ride before garaging the bike again. I also did a complete tire deflate and change over to winter air.
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

after checking the weather which is calling for rain tomorrow, i thought i had better ride today, very nice upper 60's very sunny in the north Ga. mountains so 135 miles later i changed my fender tip lights after noticing both were not burning. i installed led's last week and both were broken, base's were still in but led element broken on both, both were working when i left home, so i put the originals back for now, I'm at a loss as to how both were broken

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not specifically today but over the weekend removed the BRP shocks front and rear and fitted Wilbers shocks. Not a fun activity but done. Test ride Sunday on my 250k m test track of highways and country back roads found a few problems

1. Cant stop grinning at how much better the 17 RTL is to ride, this isn't an incremental improvement but a huge one. As soon as I reversed out of the garage over a small ledge in the concrete, I could feel the difference in the way the shocks behaved.
    2. Because the new shocks are finally doing what suspension is supposed to, I cant stop looking down at the front wheels hugging the road.
    3. To finally have the ability to adjust compression and rebound settings is right up there with holding an overly full bladder for 10 hrs and finally getting to wee
    4. I have not played with any settings (seems a contradiction I know from the above comment) because the calibration by Wilbers based on my weight and riding prefs is spot on. This will change when my copilot comes for a ride who's weight has been factored in too

They are pronounced as Wilbers - but you should pronounce the same way Homer Simpson pronounces Doughnuts - that mesmerized tone he uses.
    20191029_140532[1].jpg 20191029_140549[1].jpg
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post
    Not specifically today but over the weekend removed the BRP shocks front and rear and fitted Wilbers shocks. Not a fun activity but done. Test ride Sunday on my 250k m test track of highways and country back roads found a few problems

1. Cant stop grinning at how much better the 17 RTL is to ride, this isn't an incremental improvement but a huge one. As soon as I reversed out of the garage over a small ledge in the concrete, I could feel the difference in the way the shocks behaved.
    2. Because the new shocks are finally doing what suspension is supposed to, I cant stop looking down at the front wheels hugging the road.
    3. To finally have the ability to adjust compression and rebound settings is right up there with holding an overly full bladder for 10 hrs and finally getting to wee
    4. I have not played with any settings (seems a contradiction I know from the above comment) because the calibration by Wilbers based on my weight and riding prefs is spot on. This will change when my copilot comes for a ride who's weight has been factored in too

They are pronounced as Wilbers - but you should pronounce the same way Homer Simpson pronounces Doughnuts - that mesmerized tone he uses.
    20191029_140532[1].jpg 20191029_140549[1].jpg
    An awesome what did you do to the Spyder reply. FWIW, you will likely find that once set, the clickers will stay in that setting without a need to change.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not being familiar, the two pics are different. Can you explain? Thanks.