Spyder Garage

Question Anyone have one of the new Can Am Advex helmets?

Hi all, has anyone have one of the new Advex helmets? Our dealer doesnn't have them. Just trying to get Input on one. Quality, comfort, quietness, ect. Every time I search, it brings up snowmobile, which I get. But I would like to have on-road impressions. Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-18-2024 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Google found a couple of reviews, but they were about using it as a snowmobile helmet, since that's what it's designed for.

I could tell you about the helmet I bought, a Capstone Sun Shield II H31 Modular Helmet, but I bought it because I wear glasses, and it's got features built in that are designed for someone who wears glasses.
    The only thing I don't like is that it's "Gauntlet Grey" in color, and my Spyder is white.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 Can-Am Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

I looked at the ad for that helmet, color is okay with me, feature for glasses perfect, but a big no no for me was the big HD on it.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    Google found a couple of reviews, but they were about using it as a snowmobile helmet, since that's what it's designed for.

I could tell you about the helmet I bought, a Capstone Sun Shield II H31 Modular Helmet, but I bought it because I wear glasses, and it's got features built in that are designed for someone who wears glasses.
    The only thing I don't like is that it's "Gauntlet Grey" in color, and my Spyder is white.
    Thanks for the info. Ya hopefully somebody has one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    I looked at the ad for that helmet, color is okay with me, feature for glasses perfect, but a big no no for me was the big HD on it.
    My understanding is that the HD helmet is actually made by HJC, which you'd see if you look at their i91 helmet - it's the same helmet.

https://hjchelmets.us/pages/i91
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-18-2024 at 07:20 PM.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 Can-Am Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

I have one, it's only been a week. It's the full face version, still not sure I made the right choice over the other version. I'm replacing a much cheaper HJC helmet.

The difference from normal modular helmets is there's no chin bar, it's the full face shield that lifts up. Also notable is that it's very roomy around the ears.

Spyder Garage

I have the i90. It's OK. A bit heavy, and not real quiet, but I do like the drop-down dark shield (no sunglasses necessary). Cutouts for glasses are cool.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-19-2024 at 05:33 PM.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NotSteve View Post
    I have one, it's only been a week. It's the full face version, still not sure I made the right choice over the other version. I'm replacing a much cheaper HJC helmet.

The difference from normal modular helmets is there's no chin bar, it's the full face shield that lifts up. Also notable is that it's very roomy around the ears.
    I figured somebody had to have one. I was looking at the one that has a chin bar. Wonder how premium feel and comfort, quit it is. I also am looking at the hjc Rpha 91. There are great reviews on it. Trying to get a take on the advex too. There both pretty close on price. But haven't got to see one in person to try it on ect... Thanks for the info
    Last edited by ketchup; 04-19-2024 at 07:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmoetorhead View Post
    I have the i90. It's OK. A bit heavy, and not real quiet, but I do like the drop-down dark shield (no sunglasses necessary). Cutouts for glasses are cool.
    Thanks for the Imput. I was also looking at the hjc i91. I actually got to try it on so I can see how they fit. They didn't have the hjc Rpha 91. Looking at a more premium helmet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ketchup View Post
    I figured somebody had to have one. I was looking at the one that has a chin bar. Wonder how premium feel and comfort, quit it is. I also am looking at the hjc Rpha 91. There are great reviews on it. Trying to get a take on the advex too. There both pretty close on price. But haven't got to see one in person to try it on ect... Thanks for the info
    I don’t find it especially quiet, nor that premium to be honest. It is however very comfortable and feels light enough for a modular. Note that it’s not a traditional chin bar, its part of the face shield but it does click locked when down. I kinda like that. Lots of room for speakers too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NotSteve View Post
    I don’t find it especially quiet, nor that premium to be honest. It is however very comfortable and feels light enough for a modular. Note that it’s not a traditional chin bar, its part of the face shield but it does click locked when down. I kinda like that. Lots of room for speakers too.
    Great thank you

Spyder Garage

I have the HJC RPHA 90S. It's fairly light for a modular, I have a Packtalk Slim installed with speakers. My RPHA 11 is definitely quieter but...with Alpine Motosafe earplugs, it's pretty good. The speakers are loud enough for phone calls and music. When I make calls, people are always surprised when I tell them I'm riding, unless the chinbar is up, LOL!

Spyder Garage

You might take a look at the Schuberth line, ketchup. Quietest we've found so far.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Postleg View Post
    I have the HJC RPHA 90S. It's fairly light for a modular, I have a Packtalk Slim installed with speakers. My RPHA 11 is definitely quieter but...with Alpine Motosafe earplugs, it's pretty good. The speakers are loud enough for phone calls and music. When I make calls, people are always surprised when I tell them I'm riding, unless the chinbar is up, LOL!
    Thanks I never have used earplugs when riding. But will have to give them a try.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greer View Post
    You might take a look at the Schuberth line, ketchup. Quietest we've found so far.

Sarah
    I would like to see the Schubert line, but no one around here has them. I was looking at Shoei Neotec 3 but when it finally is available here it's $899.00. Then I saw the HJC RPHA 91 for $569.00 and it matches pretty closely to the Neotec. My local dealer has HJC and Shoei. So at least I can get an idea on quality and fitment. Just want more premium this time. If anyone has a Neotec or HJC RPHA 91, let me know about them too. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-20-2024 at 06:58 AM.

Spyder Garage

We have Shoei Neotec 2 full face helmets. Use them fitted with Sena 50S intercoms. Neotec 2 are fairly heavy but do limit the noise pretty well. We don't use ear plugs, as they're not really necessary. They can be a little warm in summer.
    Try whatever out at a shop FIRST no matter what helmet you are gonna buy.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-20-2024 at 03:41 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WRCLVR View Post
    We have Shoei Neotec 2 full face helmets. Use them fitted with Sena 50S intercoms. Neotec 2 are fairly heavy but do limit the noise pretty well. We don't use ear plugs, as they're not really necessary. They can be a little warm in summer.
    Try whatever out at a shop FIRST no matter what helmet you are gonna buy.
    That's good to hear thanks. Ya I always try to find a place to try them on before I buy one too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am a firm believer in Schuberth, have been for years.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    I am a firm believer in Schuberth, have been for years.
    Thanks for the reply