Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    What are the little flags in the bottom left of my 2018 display? One is larger than the other with a dotted line between them. Did not see anything in the manual, but they show in one of the pictures.
    I figured it out. That area tells you if you have Trip A or B selected. If you select total the flags go away and you display odometer on the dash.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I then installed a Tackform phone holder from Motorcycle Dave

May I ask how many bananas you paid for it?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    May I ask how many bananas you paid for it?
    Replied via PM
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Brought home my new Spyder! Sea2Sky_1.jpgSea2Sky_2.jpg
    2021 RT Sea-to-Sky , Highland Green

Spyder Garage

Nice!! Enjoy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma6 View Post
    Brought home my new Spyder! Sea2Sky_1.jpgSea2Sky_2.jpg
    You got a S2S!!! How do you like it? I am curious if the belt noise has been reduced as they say a new pully wheel was utilized and more sound deadening. Also, how is the mirror wobble. I am so excited for you!

Spyder Garage

It's fun so far, but I haven't ridden enough to get a good intuitive feel for it yet. Just the (slightly) scenic ride home from the dealership last night.
    I did notice a bit of wobble on the left mirror, I'm going to have to pay a bit more attention to that, and it seemed there were a few odd noises that I need to track down still. This is my first spyder, so I'm not particularly familiar with the pully sound. I did see another thread that mentioned it on here earlier this evening so now I'm curious.
    Still trying to get used to fining the turn signal switch (so many buttons on the handlebars!)
    2021 RT Sea-to-Sky , Highland Green

Spyder Garage

Today I added the Lamonster mirror locks on my 2020 RT Ltd. There's no way the mirror will vibrate now. It was a very easy upgrade and only took about a half hour.

IMHO they are worth every penny that they cost and should have come from the factory with something like this.

Spyder Garage

I installed some tie down rings on the front lower shock bolts today after turning them around.

Got these on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    I installed some tie down rings on the front lower shock bolts today after turning them around.

Got these on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thanks, that a lot better price than some others I've saw. Mine are on the way.

Spyder Garage

I installed the TricLED Sequential Fender LED's which I got from Value Accessories,

I had thought about just getting the plain turn signals for the fenders but I really hated the red sticker/reflectors and wanted to replace them also. The only option I found for those were 149.95 a set and thought that was to much(for the red lights alone) then the amber ones added ran the price up more than the sequential's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Thanks, that a lot better price than some others I've saw. Mine are on the way.
    And you will have a set for a friend also. Or you could put them on a trailer for the other end of a ratchet strap.

They are 304 SS and I put a SS washer, SS lock washer and blue loc-tight on threads. I had brought a cheap same trolley jack at WM the other day, so I jacked up each side and put my blocks under the tires to make room for the trolley jack to go under the belly placing a little off to one side in the area near the sway bar recess and lifted that side until the bolt came out and I was able to slide it back in from the rear. Then repeated it on the other side.

Spyder Garage

Added some spot lights to my Spyder Extras grill guard..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I didn't add anything to my spyder today.

It is in hibernation until April.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Waiting patiently for delivery of the beast.
    Constructing a set of fog/driving lights.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Waiting patiently for delivery of the beast.
    Constructing a set of fog/driving lights.
    Hi Dave,

I'll be adding driving lights as soon as they arrive from the other side of the country------- think the weather is slowing them down a bit.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I just had to come up with a winter doldrum Spyder project and I never liked that small, dismal badge in the grille. First, I made a mounting piece out of 3/4" X 1/4" aluminum bar stock. Then I worked with a vinyl sign maker for the lettering and applied it to the polished aluminum. I also took advantage of the grille being out of the bike and put window screen on the backside.

The drab original...
    DSCN2944.jpg

The badge....
    DSCN2945.jpg

In the grille....
    DSCN2960.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Today, I... did something REALLY stupid!!

On another thread I was asking whether or not I should buy the service manual before I replace the spark plugs on my ST. Well, while waiting for the spark plugs I ordered, I decided to take care of the brakes (cleaning, and doing whatever I can to lower the squealing noise).

Everything was going nice until I put the calipers back... I didn't know the torque so I tightened the screws too much and one of the srews broke inside

I managed to drill the screw (with cobalt bits) and remove it

Then I bought 4 new screws, the service manual, and I put everything back (tightened to correct torque!).

(why am I not able to insert pictures into the text? Only attachements. When I click insert picture then I select the pic I want but there's no "OK" button at the bottom)
    2015 ST-S SE5 , Blue & orange

Spyder Garage

I installed a set of Baja Ron's front shock adjusters to my 2020 RT. Did two turns and it really tightened up the handling.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

For the first time in many months, we have our 11 year old great-grandson with us. Yesterday, he and I installed new brake pads in the Spyder's front calipers - no, the originals were hardly worn, but I wanted to upgrade to EBC HH pads. On the first wheel, I would start an operation to show him what to do, then he'd take over. There was the sanding of the pads and the cleaning and dressing of the rotor and much more. When that wheel was done, we moved to the other one and I had him do it all, which he did with no input from me. High fives!!

Spyder Garage

Fitted an F4 23in windshield, larger brake pedal, 2 acc sockets near the front speakers, & a driver's backrest
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-15-2023 at 08:54 PM. Reason: ' 's so it can be read! :-/
    2012 RSS , Black&Green

Spyder Garage

Installed the Lamonster belt tensioner on my 2020 RT-L.

Spyder Garage

Set the clock back to AM/PM again, why does it keep switching on it's own to military 24hr mode???? I was discharged after 4 years in the USCG on January 3rd 1969. Stand down Spyder clock!

Spyder Garage

Smile What I did to my Spyder today

I installed the following items on my Spyder today.
    LG tie down rings on front shock bolts
    LG magic mirrors
    CASA flowing pegs
    Butt Buffer seat pad
    Last edited by Partzman23; 02-22-2021 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Correct spelling
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

Still working on a set of mounts for my fog/riding lights.
    Lots of cardboard templates.
    Waiting for the "Beast" to be delivered.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast