Spyder Garage

Default Departing the pattern

Its been a good ride, but I'm moving on from bikes for now. Sold the BMW about a month ago and the Spyder went on Monday to a new owner up in Richmond. Appreciate the help of the group and hopefully I've been of some help as well.

image_2024-04-24_133409475.jpg

In the mean time I have a new weekend ride to tool around in. 2018 Miata GTRF

image_2024-04-24_132721096.jpg
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

Nice tradeoff. Nice looking Miata.

Come back once in awhile. You know you will miss us.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I am also a new member of your club. I bought a Mustang last year and sold my trike in December. Looked at Miata's and liked them a lot. Only problem is they are a bit small for my big ol' fat body. There were a few times in the last few months when I missed the bike but overall, the decision and timing was right for me to move on. In years past I have done multi-week touring to get out of the heat during summers. Going to do the same this year except in a drop-top instead of a bike. Hope you enjoy your new adventures as much as I am mine..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

A Miata and a Spyder go well together.........
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Enjoy your next challenges and be Safe. I am slowly getting ready to make some changes in Life. It gets tuff getting old.

Be Happy and Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Come back and let us know how the Miata is working for you. We are looking into that same scenario ourselves.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the kind replies. The Miata is lots of fun to drive but its not something I'd ever want to daily or take on long trips. It wasn't that long ago that I was thinking about getting a newer model but my wife suggested we find something else to use as our Toad/Dingy when we go camping with the motorhome. We would load the RT up on a trailer and take it so we could have something to get around in while the big rig stayed parked.

image_2024-04-25_222725942.jpg

We couldn't use either of our vehicles since they are both AWD, and I told her I wasn't going to get just anything with 4 wheels, it had to be something I wanted to drive. So that made for a pretty short list. Some type of convertible since it was a motorcycle replacement. Miata was the top of the list, but we also looked at a Mini and a Solara convertible. Mini's dont have a stellar rep for reliability and the Solara was boring. Most Mustangs are automatic and RWD so that didnt work either. Same with BMW Z3's and 4s and older MB convertibles.

Previously, I had thought about a newer Spyder either an RT or F3 but they are going for close to 20 and this car wasn't much more than that. Insurance is a bit more but it probably gets better mileage than the Spyder. I'll miss having a bike but I'll never say never.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black