Spyder Garage

Default Safety Message no longer forces delay after First Service - any opinions?

When I first got my 2024 Spyder to start it you had to wait for the safety message to appear on the display before you could twist the throttle forward to start the Spyder.

I took it in for the first service at 1000 miles and after that I no longer have to wait for the safety message to start the Spyder. It will start immediately as long as the throttle is twisted forward.

Therefore, they must have hooked it up to BUDS and changed the start parameters, I assume that BRP wants you to read the warning and at a curtain mileage they think you have read it enough. Any opinions? Anyone else noticed this on their Spyder? Definitely better that waiting for the dumb message.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Today at 06:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

The earlier Spyders will start instantly after pushing the mode button. Many people don't know this though. Pushing the mode button is equivalent to you rolling your throttle backwards. I don't see how getting a service done could change this behavior but I suppose anything is possible.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your post and what you found out about starting procedures.
    As for me, no updates or connections to BUDS, but on my '24 RT, I can turn the key to ON, twist the throttle, and press the start button, and it starts without any wait time before the screen turns on.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Today at 06:09 PM.
    2024 RT limited Petrol Blue
    2018 RT limited pearl White
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    Thank you for your post and what you found out about starting procedures.
    As for me, no updates or connections to BUDS, but on my '24 RT, I can turn the key to ON, twist the throttle, and press the start button, and it starts without any wait time before the screen turns on.
    Ditto for me also!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Today at 06:10 PM.