Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1882
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmoetorhead View Post
    I still want one, but the Big Blue Rep told me they do t have one yet that fits my 22 F3S :-( I bought the Harbor freight blue aluminum lift, but I really don't like it. I figured the undercarriage on a F3 are all the same, but I guess not.
    I was surprised when I read that as well elsewhere. The support works on the F3T & Limited but not the S? Doesn’t make sense to me either but I guess they are different enough that the support won’t work across all F3 models.

Spyder Garage

Finally installed the rear rack that I’d gotten in May on my 2017 RTL — in preparation for an upcoming 10-day 2-up ryde that might require summer, fall, and wet gear.

The rack snags on the antenna (OEM, I think), so I’m trying to figure out how to remove it (I never use the radio). None of the posts or YT videos I’ve seen so far are helping. It ‘should’ be a simple left turn with the vice grips.

Guess I’ll try again tomorrow with a bigger pair.
    Of pliers…

Ryde safe,
    Rod.

'08 GS SM5 Full Moon -- after 15,000km sold May'11
    '10 RT A+C SE5 Full Moon -- after 30,700km traded in 2014
    '17 RTL Pearl White -- new-to-me in 2023

"I guess its better to bend a valve in Missoula than to lose your mind in Bozeman", my wife said, patting my hand as if to console me. I winced and wondered if Phaedrus ever took the bus." -Peter Egan, Leanings

CanAm Highway goes from Texas along U.S. Route 85 and Interstate 25 into Saskatchewan, Canada.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CanAm_Highway>

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RodO View Post
    Finally installed the rear rack that I’d gotten in May on my 2017 RTL — in preparation for an upcoming 10-day 2-up ryde that might require summer, fall, and wet gear.

The rack snags on the antenna (OEM, I think), so I’m trying to figure out how to remove it (I never use the radio). None of the posts or YT videos I’ve seen so far are helping. It ‘should’ be a simple left turn with the vice grips.

Guess I’ll try again tomorrow with a bigger pair.
    Of pliers…
    There's almost certainly a LOT of locktite on the thread of that antenna, so it might pay you to get a little gas jet/bbq lighter wand or similar so you can reach in there and heat the brass base of the antenna a bit in order to loosen the locktite before having another go with the (bigger) pair of pliers!

I have a Chef's Blow-torch that does the job very well, and a '50mm Deep' x 7mm socket that I've reamed out the neck of so that it's gat a hole thru the guts that's juuust wide enough to let it drop over the tip on the 3' long whip antenna & slide down onto the 'already heated/locktite released' nut - the top outer edge of that socket has a hex collar that sticks up above the tupperware so that I can grab it with a spanner or pliers and make the removal job even easier! But if I don't do the 'heating' bit first.... THAT's the thing what makes it do-able!

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks Peter! This antenna has a square sort-of brass coloured square mount that is maybe 10-12 mm wide, so the 7mm socket or open-ended wrench solution didn't work for me.

The lower 12 cm of the antenna has a plastic shroud right to the base (under the outer cover that I'd already removed). With little room to work because of the tupperware I'm not wanting to try heating it. So, if I cut off the shroud, will the 7mm nut be there for me to try attacking? In anticipation, I just sprayed some WD-40 to try and soften the locktite -- which, given that it's almost 10pm, is a shot in the dark - after a cup of Aussie wine for me.

Ryde safe,
    Rod.

"I guess its better to bend a valve in Missoula than to lose your mind in Bozeman", my wife said, patting my hand as if to console me. I winced and wondered if Phaedrus ever took the bus." -Peter Egan, Leanings

CanAm Highway goes from Texas along U.S. Route 85 and Interstate 25 into Saskatchewan, Canada.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CanAm_Highway>

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RodO View Post
    Thanks Peter! This antenna has a square sort-of brass coloured square mount that is maybe 10-12 mm wide, so the 7mm socket or open-ended wrench solution didn't work for me.

The lower 12 cm of the antenna has a plastic shroud right to the base (under the outer cover that I'd already removed). With little room to work because of the tupperware I'm not wanting to try heating it. So, if I cut off the shroud, will the 7mm nut be there for me to try attacking? In anticipation, I just sprayed some WD-40 to try and soften the locktite -- which, given that it's almost 10pm, is a shot in the dark - after a cup of Aussie wine for me.
    It's been a bit of a while since I've pulled an antenna, so I can't say for sure, but now that you mention it, after pulling the black rubber boot off, I do recall cutting a short black plastic shroud thingy (maybe 30-40mm of stuff that's similar to thick heat shrink??) off the base of the stick before applying heat to the metal; and I did 'remove' a few antennae (maybe even one or two without destroying them! I can tell you how to do that REALLY easily if you want?! ) before I 'modified' my 7mm Deep Socket to slip over the antenna tip, so the 7mm bit must've been there on enough of them to warrant it?!

Is your antenna OEM? From those I've seen here in Oz, I reckon that OEM whip antenna is a bit fragile just at the base where the stick bit comes out of the metal base, and I have come across quite a few older Spyders that'd had their original OEM antennae replaced with a variety of alternatives.... some were simply replacements; others were a bit 'dodgied up' to try and make them work! But all the OEM antennae I've seen/removed had scads of locktite; and even on those with a/mkt replacements, there was evidence of a LOT of trouble getting them off if that's been tried without adding heat! But still, are you planning on using the antenna you're taking off ever again?? If not, who really cares if IT gets a bit hot &/or heat compromised?? So I'd suggest it's better to ruin the 'no longer required' antenna by heating it up a bit than it is to damage the surrounding tupperware while trying to get the antenna off without applying any heat to soften up the locktite!

Over to you!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

IMG_6297.jpg

Thanks Peter -- I've got the antenna to twist off using a large pair of channel lock pliers. No heating was required.

I didn't bother removing the piece that held the antenna, and will re-use the OEM boot with a cap glued into it to cover the hole in the tupperware.

On to the next project!

Ryde safe,
    Rod.

Spyder Garage

Installed the Lamonster Top Cuff, Ram ball, double socket arm, and phone holder.
    Last edited by Dasmoetorhead; 08-23-2023 at 06:31 PM.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

Adjusted my TricLED headlights. Used both spacers to raise it up since they were aiming too low without any spacers. This morning was my first time riding in the dark since buying it. I did break one of the tabs in the left side panel air scoop where the foglight covers screw in (I’m using the TricLED foglight covers). Just looked up the part and looks like it’s nearly $200 for the replacement air scoop. I’ll probably order it eventually but it doesn’t seem to be affecting the overall assembly.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did a wash & wax and went out for a long ride to have lunch on the Susquehanna River at the Blue Rock Road boat ramp. Long trip but it was worth it.

Nice long ride on some back roads.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Nice pictures of your F3. I dig the truck horn

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

Spyder Garage

Took the Route 129 shield off, and put the gauge spoiler on until colder wx comes.

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmoetorhead View Post
    Nice pictures of your F3. I dig the truck horn
    Thanks, that's the motohorn that lamonster sells. It's an attention getter. Saved my hyde on Rt. 95 just north of savannah when some idiot started dozing at the wheel and started drifting over in my lane.

I hit the horn and the guy jumped about 6 inches off of his seat and over corrected onto the right shoulder but didn't lose it luckily.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

We had the brake switch (recall) on both RT's taken care of this morning @ Lifestyles Honda in Mt. Vernon, WA. Last night I replaced the front rotors and pads on my RT, the right side rotor was warped and the backing plates on the pads were discolored. It brakes much smoother now, although I can still feel a slight surge when right before I come to a complete stop... rear rotor/pads next?

Spyder Garage

Was hoping the new drive belt came before the weekend, but no luck ! So I just gave the black plastic a little toutch up. Belt better be here Monday
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

Took the RTL out for a morning ride up the New Jersey side of the Delaware River. On the trip we were looking for a couple of covered bridges. The Green Sargeant Covered Bridge was closed for repair and the Knecht's Covered Bridge has been replaced with a modern bridge. We saw a Harley trike in a parking lot and a pre-2020 Cam Am going in the opposite direction. The Harley had old school hot rod pinstriping, it looked pretty cool. 97 miles and 3 hours of riding time.
    Lee B
    2022 Can Am RT Limited
    2021 Honda NC750X DCT

Spyder Garage

Installed the tank protector set. I like it.
    20230827_102154.jpg
    20230827_100749.jpg

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

Spyder Garage

Went for another mornings ride along the Delaware river. Very pretty ride. Saw a group of riders with 6 or 7 Can Am bikes heading east on the George Washington Memorial Highway heading towards the Washington's Crossing Bridge.
    We rode just over a 100 miles today and saw the odometer log the bike's first 1000 miles. Only two problems with the bike so far. First was the ride height sensors/system needed to be calibrated, fixed by the dealer on the first try. Second is the nuisance brake fault C0042, we have a service apt scheduled for this week. Averaging 36.9 mpg (US).
    Lee B
    2022 Can Am RT Limited
    2021 Honda NC750X DCT

Spyder Garage

Installed the new rear trunk shock - WAAAAAAAA - Heaven opened up and shined down on me. Well worth the $16.

Spyder Garage

Added a Ring Terminal Assembly in the Frunk. Using it to plug-in battery tender when parked and also a USB adapter to charge phone while cruising.

----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

New belt came yesterday, but too late for me to start working in the garage, so today I got it installed and aligned.
    Since so many of the panels were already off, I also gave it a wash before putting the panels back on. Weather forecast looks great for the rest of the week, so I will be riding for sure!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2023 at 10:46 AM. Reason: ll x 2 ;-)
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

I took the new 2022 RTL into the dealer to correct the nuisance brake failure fault C0042. On the way to the dealer it went into "limp mode" while driving 35 mph on a flat level street, in cool overcast weather. I took a picture of the fault codes to show the dealer.; C006C, U0126, C0051, & P0552. Shut the bike down. Called the dealer and told them I'll be little late and why. Called the wife to ask her meet me at the dealer. Restarted the bike and as expected the codes had cleared. I still took backroads to get to the dealer. On the final 30 miles the brake failure fault C0042 appeared. I ignored it and continued on to the dealer. I left the bike running when I got there so they could hook up their laptop while the fault was active. The laptop did not yield any additional information.

They worked on it for a couple of hours and prounonced it good to go. The solution was to install a new battery. This the 3rd battery in the 5 weeks I've owned the bike. The first was no good out the box on day one. The second has now been replaced after only 5 weeks. The reason they gave me was BS. I have just retired after 35 years as a controls engineer and I suspected they were blowing smoke up my bum. But I decided to take the bike anyway. I suited up and turned the ignition on and there was a brake failure fault, C1182. I left the bike with them overnight. When I got home I spent a few hours on Google researching this before I found BRP Service Bulletin 2020-6 that deals with this exact brake problem. I downloaded the PDF and sent it to the store manager. They say the bike is ready to be picked up. They followed the recommendations in the service bulletin.

We will have to wait and see.
    Lee B
    2022 Can Am RT Limited
    2021 Honda NC750X DCT

Spyder Garage

Unbelievable. Why is it that we have to tell the techs how to do their job? Going to the dealership for help is worse than getting a root canal. As I was a tech for 40 years, I really hate to talk to a tech, or worse a service manager knowing their going to try and BS an Ole Geezer. Totally unsat.
    Last edited by Dasmoetorhead; 08-30-2023 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Sp

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

Spyder Garage

I did not add anything to my spyder.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I gave my Spyder a darned good talking to.

I had the firmware upgraded to 50.21, amongst a service and other things. It's a 21 RT LTD.

I was told by BRP that the firmware would cure the display from randomly flipping between day and night mode during the day. Guess what, it doesn't. It's better, but still occasionally does it. Selecting modes manually now works as does adjusting the brightness, at least.

So, I decided the best way to solve my issue was to sit down and give it a darned good talking to. If the little gnome that lives inside it, which persists in getting it to do curious things, heard my complaints perhaps it would behave better. We will find out at the weekend.

I think my neighbors, who were unfortunately watching this exercise, believe I have indeed gone senile and that my wife should make arrangements with the care home sooner rather than later.

My next attempt will be to get a Buddhist monk to bless it or perhaps even a Priest to exorcise it. I'm running on empty here.

I know it's a first world problem, but it's just is starting to eat away at me, like a squeak or rattle behind a car dashboard.

Sigh.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

Today I added a few farkles. Sling mod fog/running lights, usb/12vdc socket mount, and some kewl braggin rights 1330 triple stickers. And, it all works.
    20230831_152812.jpg
    20230831_152851.jpg
    20230831_152832.jpg
    Last edited by Dasmoetorhead; 08-31-2023 at 02:55 PM.

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast