Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Yesterday I installed new tires on the front of my Spyder. Federal Format AZ01 today I got the new rear tire installed and remounted. General Altimax Rt43
    Also put on the missing belt guard while I had it apart. Makes it easier to get the nuts off the bolts holding on the belt guards on the Spyder while the rear tire is off .You get new clamp nuts to replace the original when you get the belt guard so you don't have to get in behind the guard to hold the nuts when putting it back together.
    These new tires are awesome.
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

Installed second strut in trunk. It now holds my rack up fine with the bag on. Removed and installed new seat strut Sachs SG359011-30 lbs which pops up on its own with helmet and gel seat inserts on both drivers and passenger.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Had both Spyders annual service. Mine also got a new rear tire (K9). She also bought $1,100 worth of lights and a chrome trunk rack.

Lamonster garage did it for us. It was a cold ride going (41), but 61 coming back.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Put a new set of Elka stage 2 shocks on the front end of the 2012 RTL!! What a different ride, very nice, corners a lot flatter!! Love it!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Bought a few parts to build a Third Peg for my F3T.
    Assembly takes place this weekend after HoneyDo.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Bought a few parts to build a Third Peg for my F3T.
    Assembly takes place this weekend after HoneyDo.
    Both the wife and I use that middle per to get on and off. The best addition I did to the bike.

MIDDLE PEG 2.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I have been thinking about Baja Ron's shock adjusters, and I found this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKanoQgyDPU
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    I have been thinking about Baja Ron's shock adjusters, and I found this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKanoQgyDPU

Well I installed the adjusters today. I did without removing the frunk, crazy me! We should have been born with four fingers on each hand with two opposing thumbs on each, one long and one short like we have now. Put one full turn on each as a starting point, will have to go back and see what Ron was recommending. I recall 1.5 to 2 turns.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

So to get the top bolt back in which goes for front to back through the mount/shock end, I got it in place and pushed the lower bolt in from the rear until it was just coming out of the front mount hole. Then said many nasty words sliding that top bolt in from the front while pushing out the guide bolt. Put weight back on the shock an was able to tighten the nut without a wrench on the bolt head. I was able to loosen the top nuts the same way, trikes weight on the shock, and just a ratchet on the nuts.

Spyder Garage

Built a 12V harness to power my GPS and USB devices and Camera (Friday). Installation is on Saturday.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

New battery and brake pads. We're getting some needed rain to wash all the crud off the roads, now, if the sun would just shine and warm up a bit...It is still March, and it ALWAYS snows at least once in April in southern WI. Patience.....
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Installed my Third Pegs, wired the GPS and USB.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Used a wet rag wiped down wife F3L an then dried it. Then put 2 coats of wax on it. Took my RTL on a drive with wife on the back seat an got a burger for lunch. Put some things in it might need when I drive it to Vancover to have it serviced Friday.

Spyder Garage

So I have done my handling upgrades one at a time:

1. Federal Formoza Az01
    2. Bajaron sway bar, a few weeks later.
    3. This week the Bajaron shock adjusters.

I just went for a test spin to the overlook at Canyon Lake. Set at 1.5 turns on the way out and 2 turns on the way back. The 2018 RTL is handling the best it has. Loving it!

I have to say those springs are pretty strong when trying to compress them.

Spyder Garage

Replaced brake pads on our 2014 RTL last weekend. 4 hours from start thru test ride. Use parts I got from BajaRon. Old pads not too worn out; but noisy on stops. Nice and smooth and quiet now. Gave me a chance to really give the front wheels a good cleaning/shining.

Also: finally bought a nice 6' by 12' utility trailer and spent all day learning the best way to load and strap down the RTL. It's a Big Tex 35SA single axel with nice loading ramp. Easy to load and useful for other hauling jobs. Spent a few hours installing front wheel chocks; but overall a pretty easy job. Looking for our first trailer trip coming up at end of April.

Spyder Garage

Today was 2nd day of adjust/test the Heli-Bars on my new 2021 RTL. So far, so good.
    Am greatly pleased with myself that I actually went ahead and spent the bucks at the beginning to have the many adjustability options.. I am picky about my riding comfort...like the Princess and the Pea. Knowing me I usually would have tried several less expensive purchases, gotten frustrated, then finally purchased the Heli-Bars as a last resort, thus having sunk a lot of frustrating time and money.

Its like heated gear which I would not buy for years until this past December...always layered up...was never as warm as I wanted to be. So as a personal Christmas present to me I bought a heated jacket liner that direct wires to the battery. OMG..that thing is awesome! SO many fewer clothes to smother through, so warm! Love it! Also bought heated gloves. YES!!! Should have done this years ago.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Pulled the Spyder in for some maintenance and upgrades. Front Spyder.jpg Right Side Spyder.jpg left Side Spyder.jpg So I have some work to keep me busy.

1. Change Oil, Oil Filter & seal, Transmission & seal, 2 new hex oil Plugs & seal.
    2. Change headlights to Led lights and replace bad Auxiliary Lights.
    3. Add Lamonster Long Horn Led lights to mirrors
    4. Add Lamonster Magic Mirror Magnets.
    5. Add Bajaron Swaybar kit.
    6. Replace rear tire with Kendra Kanine K20 with new o rings and seals.
    7. Replace 14 inch front wheels with 15 inch wheels and tires.
    8. Change all 3 Brake calibers bleeders to speed bleeders.
    9. Change all Brake pads with ECB pads.
    10. Change Brake fluid.
    11. Find and fix leak in air bag system.
    12. Change GPS system from Garmin 660 to 595.
    13. Add Centramatic Wheel Balancers.
    14. Change Air Filter.
    15. Add cargo nets to rear bag areas.
    16. Replace rear Trunk shock.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 03-29-2021 at 05:29 PM. Reason: add #16
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Holy Smokes, you do it all.

Spyder Garage

Say Copper, Some real good farkles.

I reformed the mounting brackets on the led driving lights I purchased from Larry D a month ago. Before they touched the frunk sides at full lock---- now the don't. BTW, they are hooked up the fhe fog lights so now I'm all LED up front and can night into day with the touch of a button.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

Say Copper, Some real good farkles.

I reformed the mounting brackets on the led driving lights I purchased from Larry D a month ago. Before they touched the frunk sides at full lock---- now the don't. BTW, they are hooked up the fhe fog lights so now I'm all LED up front and can night into day with the touch of a button.

Lew L
    The Led Head lights I got have no fan and fit in side the head light housing good and you can put the cover back on with out a problem. the LEDs are 12000 LM so they should light up a lot better than the old halogen bulbs.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Had my 28 k service. Ouch
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Managed to get my first ride in today since I brought it home. Little over 100 miles. Stopped for gas and had a hell of time getting the gas cap close, it fits so tight. Got to test the ABS brakes. Had a javelina run across the road right in front of me.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

I've had a hard time getting the gas cap OPEN on my 2021 RTL.
    In fact I had to ask for assistance from a nice muscular gentleman - he opened it ok with one hand but did say it was "firm".
    Takes me two hands at that odd angle. Don't know - maybe I was just out of spinach on that day...
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Re those hard to open/close gas caps....Smear some lubricant on the mating surfaces, preferably a silicone base lube. Many say that did the trick.
    My route was to dismantle the locking mechanism in the cap and file the latch down until it closed easily.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

mounted the real-carbon-wrapped-parts

20210330_114554.jpg
    2020 F3-S , pedalbox black

Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast