Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Installed Spyder Pops KOTT grill guards on my 2022 S2S. 3/32 drill bit, small ss washers and a right angle cordless screwdriver attachment made things much easier. Yup .. little washers should be included for grill attachment.
    Awesome suggestion using washers when installing the Kott grill guards. And the angle drill is a plus. Thanks, GDoc

Quote Originally Posted by WDAVEY View Post
    Today I put the first scratch in my 2019 RTL. Pulling into my shed, standing on the footboards so I could look over the windshield and get the front really close to the back shed wall. Got close to the wall, right foot missed the brake pedal (note to self, get the bigger pedal!). Hit the wall at about 1 mph. About a 2" long scratch in the "beak" of the frunk. NOW I have a 2X4 on the floor so the bike will stop before it hits the wall! Just ordered touch up point from ScratchesHappen.
    I bet you freaked out. I know I would. Wait for the end of this short story, it happened to me. About a month ago I was riding my Spyder out of the garage and leaving for a ride with the motorcycle club, The Blue Knights, of which I'm a member. We had been riding up in the hill country, was a beautiful day. We were heading back to San Antonio and stopped for lunch in Bandera Texas for some great BBQ. After lunch we all were returning to our bikes, I noticed this long scratch on the left front fender, at first, I thought "What the front door". Trying to keep this clean. Anyway, I figured someone got too close, maybe a truck door, but there was another Blue Knight next to me; maybe someone intentionally scratched my Spyder. But who would do this? This scratch was about 12 to 14 inches long, deep into the fender. Was a long ride home. Arriving home, I found out what had caused the scratch to my Spyder. A loose piece of tile stacked near the Spyder was at the same height as the fender, and that caused the damage. Next project is a storage building in the back yard. GDoc
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 09:18 PM.
    2016 RTS SE6 , Orbital Blue