Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Apple Car Play download was released, but failed! Still waiting....

The download for ACP is now available. Just finished the download on my 2024 RT Limited. Have fun gugs
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-04-2024 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Pics or it didn't happen

Spyder Garage

Hallelujah! OlJim isn't pulling our legs with a late April 1st joke! Thanks for letting us know!

Took about 10 minutes to download, another 10 to install. Engine had to be running on mine to actually install it.

IMG_6363.jpg
    IMG_6365.jpg

Spyder Garage

BRP uploaded a couple of YouTube videos today on the 10.25 screen. Which included ACP. So I was curious and went and checked for downloads. Yup it is available. Im downloading right now.

IMG_9339.jpg IMG_9339.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-04-2024 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Why 2 posts within moments?? :-/

Spyder Garage

This is a 2024 only addition, correct?
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    You are correct sir.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    Correct

Spyder Garage

My ACP has gone away, anyone else with this problem?

Spyder Garage

Angry

Wasn't able to download ACP, bike reported no update available, software is up to date

After checking for Software Bike will now not even connect to WiFi
    Last edited by Maplehawk; 04-04-2024 at 04:14 PM.
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post
    Update was available this morning but kept receiving download failure error messages. Tried this afternoon however update is no longer available. Not sure what is going on. Tried on two different Spyders with the same results. Also received unable to reach update server error message.

Wayne

Spyder Garage

beginning to regret buying this Spyder, should have gone with the Honda Goldwing DCT
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post
    WOW!!! how can a downloaded and installed update go away?????? ONLY BRP. Sad to say I feel for those new 2024 owners, should not be happening. I would NOT be happy camper either if I had new one
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

My ACP symbol is still there. But I have no Bluetooth to my phone. Bluetooth to my helmet is connected.
    After the download ACP worked fine. Maps, music all good. Now it won’t find my phone. Phone says it is connected. Bike says not connected.
    Last edited by Riplin; 04-04-2024 at 04:38 PM.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    WOW!!! how can a downloaded and installed update go away?????? ONLY BRP. Sad to say I feel for those new 2024 owners, should not be happening. I would NOT be happy camper either if I had new one
    Pretty easy for it to happen, a system admin probably set the wrong release date /time in SCCM or whatever software they are doing updates with for the update, someone caught it and pulled the update back to the previous version.

But after reading the next post this is starting to sound more like a borked update went through. Also a possibility of a server crash due to the server being overloaded. It's why I will stay with my base F3 and not upgrade.

You can be borked by cloud connectivity with having a direct wifi connection to your machine.

Look at what is happening now with garage door closers and chamberlain. I always joked with my wife when they came out with a garage door opener that you could control through an app on your phone (controlled through a central cloud server) that you would go out on the street one day and see everyones garage door opening and closing from a hacker having fun and just randomly open and closing doors repetitively. Well Chamberlain was letting people connect using unauthorized api's for smart home controls but now just realized how vulnerable they were to an attack by doing so. They have just recently cut off all access to all unauthorized api's and thus breaking a lot of peoples home automation systems leaving them screwed.

After over 20 years of doing IT I learned that if it really doesn't need to be connected to the internet it is just best to leave it off of it.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 04-05-2024 at 11:16 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Right now I'm extremely happy to have a 2017 F3 Limited now. Everything works, FM radio and Garmin GPS. Life is good.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I tried the chat function on BRP website. I was informed that no release has been issued. But soon.
    I called the service # and was informed no formal announcement has been made but it is available for some vin#
    They had no answers for me about the Bluetooth issue was. A ticket was started for me.
    I was asked for a vin#. When I turned my Spyder on to get the vin. My phone connected and everything worked including ACP.
    Last edited by Riplin; 04-04-2024 at 05:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

I am not happy, and I did not even buy one of the Spyders with ACP.

I would be fuming angry if I had.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I think there were other features in the update besides ACP. The loud clunk that you get when first shifting into gear seemed a lot smoother to me but the radio seemed garbled. otherwise the apple maps worked fine. I rode mine into town for a haircut, car play worked going in but quit before I returned. Maybe tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

It's not unusual for software updates to be pulled when problems are found. My Hyundai navigation updates would often get pulled within a day and then have to wait a week for a new one to be released. Someone on Facebook also said they couldn't get the update either. It would be pretty difficult for CanAm to roll back the update on your bike once installed though without you seeing it happen as it's a relatively lengthy process.

I'll go out and try mine again, I haven't actually ridden with it on, just ran it long enough to see ACP come up on the display and move through a few screens.

Spyder Garage

just tried mine again. Finally got WiFi to connect on bike. Checked for updates. nada bike software up to date
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

It seems to me that BRP is really incompetent, It is amazing that they are still in business.

Spyder Garage

Just went out for about 15 minutes, ACP worked fine, had Apple Maps up, music playing off of Apple Music. I could switch between headset speakers and the bike speakers.

I then tried "Hey Siri", got the Siri icon to show up but then whatever I said, was read back in this really slow robotic voice and Siri didn't recognize anything I said. Maybe that's a Cardo specific issue, I dunno. So two out of three things I tried worked fine anyway. Maybe I should use the microphone button on the bike instead of using the voice recognition alone to initiate Siri, could be user error for all I know.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Maplehawk View Post
    just tried mine again. Finally got WiFi to connect on bike. Checked for updates. nada bike software up to date
    Seems pretty clear then that BRP pulled the update for one reason or another. Either got released earlier than planned, or they found showstopper bugs in it and had to contain the damage until they can release a "fixed" version. So far in my very limited testing my bike is working OK, and ACP works other than the odd Siri issue but that could be operator error too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Seems pretty clear then that BRP pulled the update for one reason or another. Either got released earlier than planned, or they found showstopper bugs in it and had to contain the damage until they can release a "fixed" version. So far in my very limited testing my bike is working OK, and ACP works other than the odd Siri issue but that could be operator error too.
    really happy to hear yours is working somewhat now, hoping everyone else gets theirs to work sooner than later
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Well Chamberlain was letting people connect using unauthorized api's for smart home controls but now just realized how vulnerable they were to an attack by doing so. Thay have just recently cut off all access to all unauthorized api's and thus breaking a lot of peoples home automations systems leaving them screwed.
    I think Chamberlain cut off the APIs because they saw $$$ that they were leaving on the table by letting others integrate into their system and thought they could rake in that sweet, sweet cash for themselves. So they cut off their nose to spite their face. There are tons of PO'd Chamberlain/Liftmaster owners whose home automation is now broken because of this. There are workarounds, but they are not nearly as easy or clean as the previous Chamberlain API.