Spyder Garage

Default Ridenow Powersports Jacksonville will not service - any bike shops that will?

I was having a bad gas smell on my 2014 ST-S so I thought I would take it back to where I had had service done. Ridenow Powersports informed me that they did not work on bikes 10 years or older as they couldn't get parts. I just needed it checked to see if I have a fuel hose loose and leaking or if the purge valve is bad. I had the 2014 system updated a few years ago to the 2015 system. Now I'm told they will not work on the bike. To me, this is a bad dealer when they will not service what they sell. Service writer told me you can trade it in. But who wants another bill to pay when the bike you have just needs a few tweaks. I would encourage everyone that rides to avoid Ridenow motorsports dealers. Now that I've vented what I have on my mind about this dealer, does anyone know of bike shops in the Jacksonville Fl. area that will work on an older Spyder or how to remove the body panels? They show RT's on youtube, but nothing about how to work on the ST.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 07:46 AM.

Spyder Garage

The non Ridenow dealer in the Phoenix area "Nash powersports" now has a 3.5 hour minimum to even look at a Spyder.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldraceman View Post
    .... Now that I've vented what I have on my mind about this dealer, does anyone know of bike shops in the Jacksonville Fl. area that will work on an older Spyder or how to remove the body panels? They show RT's on youtube, but nothing about how to work on the ST.
    If you can turn a screw-driver & spin a spanner, and you've seen (or have one handy) a vid of how to remove the panels on an RT, then you should be able to extrapolate that into removing the panels on an ST The ST's are REALLY not all that different to an RT, except that the ST's front end panels are somewhat easier/less complicated than the RT's with their bigger dash & adjustable windscreen binnacle; and you don't have the trunk, the passenger backrest, or the side panels with built-in panniers at the back to worry about!!

So the front end of the ST is very similar RT, except with a few relatively minor things that have transferred over from the RS models instead adopting the more complex RT arrangements - things which, at least in my opinion, make the ST's panels up front EASIER to remove than those on the RT's; and up the back end, the ST's have basically the same screws along the panel edges under the seat that the RT has, only NONE of the extra screws & panels etc. that go into getting the RT's side panels, passenger backrest, the trunk, & the built-in panniers off!

So take your time, don't 'force' anything, and give it a go! I'm pretty sure you'll be surprised at how easy it really is!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

The Daytona Ridenow is not much better from what I have heard. Friend had a Honda, had a deal in place so he thought. Then when it came time to do papers things were not the same as discussed. The dealer I dealt with (just because of this issue) I rode 3.5 hours one way, Sky Powersports Lakeland. I was informed these Ridenow places are an arm of the folks that "buy" your bike when you see these ads for 'sell your bike to us'.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 08:22 AM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was having a bad gas smell on my 2014 ST-S so I thought I would take it back to where I had had service done. Ridenow Powersports informed me that they did not work on bikes 10 years or older as they couldn't get parts. I just needed it checked to see if I have a fuel hose loose and leaking or if the purge valve is bad. I had the 2014 system updated a few years ago to the 2015 system. Now I'm told they will not work on the bike. To me, this is a bad dealer when they will not service what they sell. Service writer told me you can trade it in. But who wants another bill to pay when the bike you have just needs a few tweaks. I would encourage everyone that rides to avoid Ridenow motorsports dealers. Now that I've vented what I have on my mind about this dealer, does anyone know of bike shops in the Jacksonville Fl. area that will work on an older Spyder or how to remove the body panels? They show RT's on youtube, but nothing about how to work on the ST.
    Go to my ALBUMS there are pics with explanations of what worked for me and may work for you .... it was pretty easy to this .... good luck ...Mike

Spyder Garage

When I changed my fuel filter the other day, I found a short section of hose was starting to fail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

It's common for dealers to refuse to work on bikes over 10 years old. It was explained to me too much can happen when working on them. Old rusted nuts, bolts, hoses dried out. It's best to look for an independent shop. I know, try finding one that will work on a Spyder. Friend of mine had a H.D. bike. AND, he worked there as well as the prep guy, flat truck driver. They wouldn't work on his bike. It was over 10 years old. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Sadly: a sign of the times. No problem for some places to take your money, both on the trade in and on the sale of a new machine. Have policies in place that encourage you not to come back for that all important service when needed. The new twist is to play the 10 year old game of we don't fix them anymore.

It would be interesting to know what the mothership thinks about this situation. I was lucky in that I had excellent service until the end of my 15 year relationship with Spyders. My memories still remain good about Spyders and the Spyder ryding experience.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Try Jacksonville Powersports over on Atlantic. I'd call them first. Their tech has owned several Spyders and seems very knowledgeable. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Ridenow in Surprise Arizona made an exception and took in my 2012 RT-S. They threw parts at it for almost six months. I wound up trading it in. A month later and it is for sale on their website.
    2012 Viper Red RT-S (Sold)
    2020 Ryker Rally
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Not surprised by any of this. Ride Now Of Gainesville has had me scheduled for the front pulley replacement for about 2 years and still claim they can't get parts. If I call there to check, the previous service manager no longer works there and they don't know if he had the parts ordered or not. Ain't worth my time any more to check on it. They are just putting me off when I call about it.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

There are some parts that are getting hard to find for some of the really old bikes. But not a 2014. They are just telling stories.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    It's common for dealers to refuse to work on bikes over 10 years old. It was explained to me too much can happen when working on them. Old rusted nuts, bolts, hoses dried out. It's best to look for an independent shop. I know, try finding one that will work on a Spyder. Friend of mine had a H.D. bike. AND, he worked there as well as the prep guy, flat truck driver. They wouldn't work on his bike. It was over 10 years old. Tom
    I understand these dealers saying they can't work on older machines . Just think they get your vehicle tore down and then they can't get the parts . Now they are out the money diagnosing the unit , taking time to look up and order parts and then there on backorder or even not available . Now are you going to pay them for the time they have invested in your machine right now ? Let me see ,mmm no your not, then to have it sitting on their lot tore down taking up space . I could understand if they got your machine tore down , just say couldn't get parts to make repairs . Now you pay your outstanding bill up to date and then be charged for storage untill your parts arrivesd . If you don't want to pay storage , you can take the machine home and take up your space untill they can locate your parts . Another thing is that parts and labor cost today is easily exceeding the value of these machines and then customers don't want to pay the bill after repairs have been made. Face it there's a real problem in this world right now .

Spyder Garage

We've had issues getting parts for newer machines

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderrage View Post
    We've had issues getting parts for newer machines
    There is a difference between discontinued parts and backordered parts. You can't get the HCM filter for the 1330 right now. Does that mean they won't work on a 1330 at all?

Spyder Garage

2014, Ride Now Ocala, Fl.
    Worst time ever, buying a new motorcycle.

Too many other dealers to deal with a Ride Now dealership.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 06:49 PM.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    There is a difference between discontinued parts and backordered parts. You can't get the HCM filter for the 1330 right now. Does that mean they won't work on a 1330 at all?
    Are you kidding us? The HCM filter is a basic maintenance part.

Crap , I was needing to do this as I am getting ready to turn over 30 K on my F3.

I guess it's time to start looking around now to try to find one.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I ride an hour to get to Sky Power, I like the writer there, but man, you need to check constantly if your Spyder is ready, or you will sit in the separate bldg motorcycle sales forever. Obviously, I just don't do dealers unless it's out of my realm of routine maintenance. They're such a hassle.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Today at 07:49 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    I ride an hour to get to Sky Power, I like the writer there, but man, you need to check constantly if your Spyder is ready, or you will sit in the separate bldg motorcycle sales forever. Obviously, I just don't do dealers unless it's out of my realm of routine maintenance. They're such a hassle.
    With all the horror stories of trikes and Side by Side's sitting at dealer for weeks or months, when my KRX SxS goes in for recalls, I take it in for them to look at it and to order the needed part(s), then I make an "I will wait" appointment for the work to be done when they have the parts in hand. So far, it is working out for me, couple hours and I am done and out of there.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Today at 09:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Are you kidding us? The HCM filter is a basic maintenance part.

Crap , I was needing to do this as I am getting ready to turn over 30 K on my F3.

I guess it's time to start looking around now to try to find one.
    I'm not saying no one has them. Some who stock these may still have them. I'm out and I've been waiting over 2 weeks now for my order to get filled from BRP. That's all I'm saying. On the other hand, if you can find one, I'd get it now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know, a stupid question......what is a HCM filter and what is it for??
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    I know, a stupid question......what is a HCM filter and what is it for??
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/382596537768

It's the transmission oil filter.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the information. I've looked close at the bike and see where most of the screws are but does the mirror come off the same as the RT. This is my only hold back at doing the repair myself plus unable to find the parts on line. Have not gone to the dealer to see if they have them. And another think rode it yesterday 35 miles with out any smell. Maybe hot weather and a sticking valve are my thoughts now.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the information. I've looked close at the bike and see where most of the screws are but does the mirror come off the same as the RT. This is my only hold back at doing the repair myself plus unable to find the parts on line. Have not gone to the dealer to see if they have them. And another think rode it yesterday 35 miles with out any smell. Maybe hot weather and a sticking valve are my thoughts now.
    Highly unlikely. It's much more likely that you have a bad fuel line that is leaking intermittently. We've had Spyders come in spraying fuel from a cracked fuel line.

Every parts store in America is going to have replacement for that. And BRP still carries the fuel filter since it hasn't changed in 16 years. You don't want to let a bad fuel smell go unchecked. If it finds an ignition source, it could be a big problem.

Spyder Garage

I cut off the OEM Oetiker fuel line hose clamps with my dremel and a cutoff wheel. I bought the tool to install new Oetiker hose clamps and used it on the coolant hose also when I installed fresh coolant.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Today at 04:40 PM.