Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default why i purchased my spyder

to the spyder community. i guess i just had it with the motorcycle publications and general motorcycle 2 wheel community and their rants about profiling spyder buyers as people who cant ride a 2 wheel motorcyce, or dont have good balance on two wheels or are just intimidated just thinking about it.

I for one bought my spyder rt because i was getting uncomfortable with my wife as a passenger on my victory cross country that we enjoyed for 8 years. ever since she was involved in a pretty bad automobile accident she was paranoid any time someone looked like they were going to pull out in front of us. this started affecting my confidence with riding with her on the back of my bike. i had a decision to make. just ride by myself and enjoy my beast of a bike, which was no fun without her, or consider an alternative that she would feel more confident with. she felt more secure sitting on the rt when we looked at it. so i did what any loving husband would do, i gave up the victory, and purchased my spyder.

So far we have ridden more just in the last few months than we have since her accident 2 years ago. no regrets. now i must admit, at first, when i test drove the spyder, i did not llke it. but i reminded myself why i was considering it. that over ruled my objection to it. so i bought it anyway and sold my victory.

So what are my thoughts on the spyder? well,i become more impressed with it after every ride. the spyder is a well designed and engineered vehicle. after adjusting to how it handles,it is alot of fun. the 3 wheel factor also makes alot of sense. last sunday i wound up on a farmers piece of property where he stores some of his equipment which was dirt and gravel with some rocks thrown in. on my victory it would have been challenging to even consider, on my spyder i just moved ahead, not a problem.

i get more impressed with the technology that is in this spyder every week i tinker with it. i believe that the 2 wheel people that have a grudge with this 3 wheel layout are just in denial. so the question is ..............for some of you that transitioned from two wheels to the spyder, why did you make the move? now i will say, i did keep one of my bikes because i felt that i would be riding it when the wife is not riding. i was wrong, it sits alot because i like riding the spyder even when the wife is not going on a ride. just saying. i guess i dont fit the general motorcycle community profile.

Edited by breaking the article into paragraphs to make it easier on the eyes for the readers. No changes were made to any of the text...all as written by the OP.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-05-2019 at 11:26 AM.