Spyder Garage

Question 2015 Spyder RTs handgrips

Hi, I have a 2015 RT-S I wanted to know if anyone has fully replaced the handgrips on their Spyder and if so what kind of grips did they use, I have seen a few people use a cover grip that they put over their original grips.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum Mywheelspin63. The grips you have now are heated, some people add foam grips over them to make them bigger and some say more comfortable. I'm sure someone with some of the covers will chime in.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 11-03-2019 at 11:44 AM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

We tried foam covers on both of our 's when they first came out. I did not like them because the heat did not radiate through them good enough for me. Linda was just fine with them. She still has ONE of the foam covers on hers.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I added the ones from Lamonster to mine. Not too large and the heated grips still function fine. Grip feels better from both a size and vibration standpoint. As a reference I wear a size med to large glove.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I have foam grips and I think the heat is fine and they are a little softer
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mywheelspin63 View Post
    Hi, I have a 2015 RT-S I wanted to know if anyone has fully replaced the handgrips on their Spyder and if so what kind of grips did they use, I have seen a few people use a cover grip that they put over their original grips.
    ...&... … I'm a hard core DIY'er, I covered mine ( glued ) with a piece of closed cell neoprene ( what they make skin diver suits from ) … I then covered that with Deer skin ( it's very thin & not effected by water but I also waterproofed mine ) … It does diminish the heat from the OEM grips , but not that much …. instead of low & use High ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

I had these on my Beemer, Triumph Trophy, and Spyder. All with heated grips. They work very well. http://www.originalbeemerbuddies.com/home.html
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Some of us have used the clam shell grips from Kuryaken that were originally designed to go over the heated grips on the Goldwing. These are chrome and rubber and look very nice. They also block some of the heat and I could only get heat thru mine if the grips were on high. Also you have to modify the left grip if you have an SE 6 as the paddle shifter gets in the way. You will need to cut the grip to clear. Not hard just a bother. Anyway if you are willing to do this you get a very nice looking grip and they are very comfortable.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze