Spyder Garage

Default Ryker 2up Tourer - Version 2020

finally I found the right Can-Am fairing for our Ryker "ST" - the way how to fix it on the (higher) handlebars is really perfect !!
    They offer three different sizes of shields, I got the midlle and the sport-Version - also very easy to change ..

After 10.000 miles without any Problems I would recommend the following ( if you plan to go 2up "on tour")

1; use higher and wider handlebars - a huge different to ryde - much better handling !

2; change the sway bar ..but the front shocks are OK ..

3; you need the "strongest" shock on the back what you can find - also the FOX must be adjustet in the hardest position for 2up !!

4; have a look that you bring most of the weight of your luggage to the center of the bike - so you need a real large tankbag ..
    if the Ryker is "full loaded" on the back - the VSS is overwhelmed in the curves ..

5; depending of the "size" of you and your passsenger you need a lower seat on the back and a higer for the Ryder (my last work now..)

6; I told my neighbor that I need only two minutes to make a "Tourer" of my naked Ryker - you see it her :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtQsis3FES4&t=11s

so - she is a little faster uphill (and downhill !!) than our old Spyders (GS/RT) - we reach around 180 miles till the next tank-stopp - needs no oil - the belt in the gearbox was checked now - should hold another 10.000 miles (longer than I expected) - my wheelnuts are still OK (was built 2018) ..no real other problems till now ..

I know that some people here don`t believe this - but this is the perfect 3-wheel-tourer ! (specially for the Alps)
    ( OK - we are both slightly weighted)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your designs are incredible! Thanks for sharing all your work. cueman

Spyder Garage

Absolutely love your Ryker, Chris! My personal favorite.

One suggestion I would have, is to list out part numbers, or even model numbers. Obviously for those that have them, as I know your 2up and luggage mount are proprietary. I've been looking for Outlander handlebars for hours, but there appear to be a lot of variations.

**I only say the above because I see a lot of people asking you about your Ryker items on Facebook, YT, etc.

Keep up the awesome work and videos! Love them!
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Spyder Garage

its an original Can-Am product, I ordered it from my dealer ..(it is just in the rong catalgue )
    four different colours - be carefull to get the same (adrenaline ?) if you order the RED .. the clamps are included ..
    three different shields - I`m 176cm - 5 ft 10" the middle size is a little too high with the original seat, I do not want to look through the plexi ..
    here you see from what modell you could use the handlebars - it is a 21mm Standard, like most of the motorcycles ( I use an old APRILIA one)
    if you use wider handlebars the original mirrors "work" much better I do not change it now ..

first pic is with the highest shield - the red one is the lowest ..

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/us/e...--6x6-g2l.html
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

here are some pics of our last Adventures ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMLp3N-R79M&t=10s

Spyder Garage

That looks like my dream tour and you proved it can be done on a Ryker.I still love my RT.I just want to know how you packed enough for 10000 miles on a Ryker and did anything else break other than that flat tire.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

what handle bars are you using to be able to mount the fairing?
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

one of the last things was to bring the driver seat higer ( 2inch over the comfort seat) the seat cushion is finished - we have now the same niveau, which looks really better in 2up-ryding ..
    (a never ending story )

Spyder Garage

Fantastic!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    finally I found the right Can-Am fairing for our Ryker "ST" - the way how to fix it on the (higher) handlebars is really perfect !!
    They offer three different sizes of shields, I got the midlle and the sport-Version - also very easy to change ..

After 10.000 miles without any Problems I would recommend the following ( if you plan to go 2up "on tour")

1; use higher and wider handlebars - a huge different to ryde - much better handling !

2; change the sway bar ..but the front shocks are OK ..

3; you need the "strongest" shock on the back what you can find - also the FOX must be adjustet in the hardest position for 2up !!

4; have a look that you bring most of the weight of your luggage to the center of the bike - so you need a real large tankbag ..
    if the Ryker is "full loaded" on the back - the VSS is overwhelmed in the curves ..

5; depending of the "size" of you and your passsenger you need a lower seat on the back and a higer for the Ryder (my last work now..)

6; I told my neighbor that I need only two minutes to make a "Tourer" of my naked Ryker - you see it her :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtQsis3FES4&t=11s

so - she is a little faster uphill (and downhill !!) than our old Spyders (GS/RT) - we reach around 180 miles till the next tank-stopp - needs no oil - the belt in the gearbox was checked now - should hold another 10.000 miles (longer than I expected) - my wheelnuts are still OK (was built 2018) ..no real other problems till now ..

I know that some people here don`t believe this - but this is the perfect 3-wheel-tourer ! (specially for the Alps)
    ( OK - we are both slightly weighted)
    I'm interested in that adjustable windshield and I believe you mentioned it somewhere else. Can you give me the name of that windshield in the third photo? I believe it is the photo: 50.jpg? The stock windshield is not high enough for me and I like the design of the one you have. Sorry if I am asking you to repeat something that I should already have seen on here someplace. Your designs are fantastic.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
    I'm interested in that adjustable windshield and I believe you mentioned it somewhere else. Can you give me the name of that windshield in the third photo? I believe it is the photo: 50.jpg? The stock windshield is not high enough for me and I like the design of the one you have. Sorry if I am asking you to repeat something that I should already have seen on here someplace. Your designs are fantastic.
    this is the PUIG up&down .. the new one is the Can-Am !! deluxe fairing

https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/care...ield-upampdown

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/ca/e...--6x6-g2l.html

Spyder Garage

Yes, the Puig. Excellent, thanks. Since I reside in Florida, I don't really think that I need the fairing. It really looks great, but I prefer a bit more open air/free feeling. Thank you for sharing your mods with us, and I have been watching the YouTube for your adventures.

Spyder Garage

Yes, the Puig. Excellent, thanks. Since I reside in Florida, I don't really think that I need the fairing. It really looks great, but I prefer a bit more open air/free feeling. Thank you for sharing your mods with us, and I have been watching the YouTube for your adventures.
    I really wanted to get the same windshield, until I found that you had to cut the front glove box lid quite a bit for it to work. Maybe there's a different solution?
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Spyder Garage

I did not know about having to alter the glove box lid. Surely they would not make one specifically for the Ryker that would require you to modify the box lid?

Spyder Garage

I did not know about having to alter the glove box lid. Surely they would not make one specifically for the Ryker that would require you to modify the box lid?
    I "cutted" the lid in two pieces, the first what I did when I got it ist a cheap plastik-lid - is done in 5 minutes .. than you can install each Kind of fairing in the right Position !

Spyder Garage

Not wanting to be picky about it, just not too sure which 'they' you're talking about MDLNB (& MidLifeRyker too) And I think it's pretty important that both you & any other readers who don't yet know get the right angle on this...

These fairings & screens are Chris56's way of achieving what he needs/wants from a fairing & windscreen by way of adapting other units that are readily available - I believe the first was from Puig & the second/latest happens to be a CanAm Quad bike/ATV/Side-x-Side fairing that lets him easily swap the windshields & windshield heights as the weather & his ryding/protection needs change, and IMHO he's done a great job on making it look professionally done! Maybe that's what made you think 'they' produced them specifically for the Rykers?

That's pretty impressive if you ask me. And from what I can see of it in the vids, the 'cut/altered glove box lid' looks to fit in pretty well too! If you didn't know they didn't all leave the factory like that, I doubt too many would pick it up!

Congrats on a your mods, adaptations, and a great DIY job Chris!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-20-2019 at 04:04 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

THX .. when I ordered it last year BRP told me :

as it is possible to replace several elements on the vehicle in 75,000 combinations, ranging from colour labels to an additional seat for the passenger

thats why I bough it - so mine is just one of 75.000

Spyder Garage

Peter, the reason I said that "they" make them specifically for the Ryker is because I went to the website and they had one specifically made for the Ryker. I agree that he has done a fantastic job of modifying his Ryker in a professional manner.

Spyder Garage

finally the driver seat is also finish - looks better now !!
    (the never ending "Ryker-Touring" story ??)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaMY6aaAoXU

Spyder Garage

finally the driver seat is also finish - looks better now !!
    (the never ending "Ryker-Touring" story ??)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaMY6aaAoXU

Now that is one nice looking seat, chris! I like the way your are raised up, more even with the passenger. That is real interesting how you have personalized that cycle to fit your personal likes and preferences. That seat looks great.

Spyder Garage

its an original Can-Am product, I ordered it from my dealer ..(it is just in the rong catalgue )
    four different colours - be carefull to get the same (adrenaline ?) if you order the RED .. the clamps are included ..
    three different shields - I`m 176cm - 5 ft 10" the middle size is a little too high with the original seat, I do not want to look through the plexi ..
    here you see from what modell you could use the handlebars - it is a 21mm Standard, like most of the motorcycles ( I use an old APRILIA one)
    if you use wider handlebars the original mirrors "work" much better I do not change it now ..

first pic is with the highest shield - the red one is the lowest ..

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/us/e...--6x6-g2l.html
    How much air gets under the fairing and to the rider and passenger

Spyder Garage

not really much - the passenger will not feel it ..

Spyder Garage

Chris thanks for all the photos, which handlebar is this? A BRP or after market version?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Geep View Post
    Chris thanks for all the photos, which handlebar is this? A BRP or after market version?
    you can use the one from the can-Am Outlander, mine is from a 10 year old "Aprilia Mille - Rotax V2" bike, also some others would work ..

I wanted to install the fairing as deep as possible, thats why i cutted the lid of the glovebox - you will find it out when you see some of the other Rykers which use this fairing now .. this here with the lower Sport-shield looks also great (too cold for me in the moment here in Austria)