Spyder Garage

Default belt tension adjustment

2015 f3-- If adjusting belt tension is the adjustment done with the belt tensioner resting on the belt? What is the correct reading ? Wheel on the ground or off? Confused new guy

Spyder Garage

I do it off the ground. I'm at 160 ft lbs. The tensioner doesn't matter. So little pressure it doesn't change specs ethier way.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by honsfun View Post
    2015 f3-- If adjusting belt tension is the adjustment done with the belt tensioner resting on the belt? What is the correct reading ? Wheel on the ground or off? Confused new guy
    Tension needs to be done with the Adjusters at the AXEL …. depending on which swing arm style …. look in your owners manual …. it should show you how..... I use a KRITKIT device and do it on the ground ….. I suggest you get the tension where you want it. ( I highly advise much lower than what BRP has it at - for less to no Vibes ) … then after it's on the ground check it again and record the change..... Use this reading to check it in the future. Since it will be = to off the ground - you won't have to lift anytime you want to check it..... to me this makes more sense. …...good luck …. Mike