Thread: Towing Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Towing Trailer

I am looking for a trailer that raises and lowers which allows a spyder bton roll on it and then you raise it and secure the bike. does anyone have a lead on where to purchase one ?

Spyder Garage

If you have enough money, you can get a trailer to do anything you want!! I cant recall in my travels seeing a trailer that lowers to load then lifts up to roll down the road! I have seen some HIGH priced trailers that have a tail gate that lowers then lifts to load, like some of the delivery trucks you see all the time!! It works like some of these double decker car haulers. Maybe a good fab shop could make you some thing!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amathis View Post
    I am looking for a trailer that raises and lowers which allows a spyder bton roll on it and then you raise it and secure the bike. does anyone have a lead on where to purchase one ?
    Here is what you are looking for -

https://www.theultimatetrailers.com/
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have actually seen those types of trailers at a car show. The trailer would lower down flat to the ground. Then hydrolics would raise them up to normal towing height.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Here is what you are looking for -

Here is another option, https://droptailtrailers.com/product...ility-trailer/
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

Agree on the drop tail trailer. I have one, easy to use, tracks well, very sturdy. It can be stored upright, but requires 2 people to lift. I keep mine in the garage and park my Spyder on it.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

This company makes exactly what you are looking for. You can get it enclosed or open depending on how much money you want to spend. I saw one of these at the 2017 Red Rock Spyder Rally. It was really nice and seemed to work really nice.

Best-Double-WIde-Dual-Motorcycle-Trailer-OHT3-2PG5.jpg

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NautiBrit View Post
    Agree on the drop tail trailer. I have one, easy to use, tracks well, very sturdy. It can be stored upright, but requires 2 people to lift. I keep mine in the garage and park my Spyder on it.
    I agree with NautiBrit and I am also thankful that I'm not the only one who thinks storing the Drop-Tail upright is a one-man job. I store mine horizontally although I do fold over the tail. Even horizontally, with the tail folded over, it still doesn't take up much space. All I can add is this: (a) Be careful with center clearance taking Spyder off the trailer, (b) the factory wiring job was sloppy and failed the first time I used it, requiring a partial rewire for which the manufacturer was no help at all, and (c) you really need a pipe-mount swivel jack (i.e. with a swivel caster) to move the trailer around when not hitched - lifting the nose is, again, a two-man job without the jack. OTOH, with the swivel jack it's incredibly easy to roll around even with the Spyder on it. I can hardly back the Drop-Tail at all, loaded or unloaded (it's short, it jackknifes badly, and when unloaded it's invisible from behind the wheel) but I can put on the swivel jack, disconnect it from the towing vehicle in the street and then push the thing wherever I want very easily.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Moving the ultimate trailer around is a breeze, one man job

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    This company makes exactly what you are looking for. You can get it enclosed or open depending on how much money you want to spend. I saw one of these at the 2017 Red Rock Spyder Rally. It was really nice and seemed to work really nice.

Best-Double-WIde-Dual-Motorcycle-Trailer-OHT3-2PG5.jpg
    They work awesome so you don’t have to.

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I, too, was enamored with the Ultimate trailer, but have had some problems. See my previous post. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...14#post1417214

Additionally, since my last previous post, the check valve on the compressor failed. The company, again sent a replacement. I had to wait several weeks for it as they were changing brands of the compressors they were using. In the mean time, I upgraded to a more powerful Viair compressor.

Again, it does tow nice and is effortless when loading/unloading, but personally, I have regrets about this specific trailer.

Lin
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

Look at the Aluma MC210. Doesn’t raise or lower, but has a nice long ramp that my 2016 F3-t rolls up with no issues. The ramp also slides in under the deck instead of folding, better looks and mileage.
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

C842AB7C-EB27-4329-BFAA-4E2688CECF3A.jpg

MyC842AB7C-EB27-4329-BFAA-4E2688CECF3A.jpg Ultimate trailer.

Amathis, I sent you a PM

Cruzr joe

Spyder Garage

Here is another option https://www.stingertrailer.com/produ...r/#prettyPhoto I had one of these for my Valkyrie and F6B. They really tow well, can hardly tell you towing anything. only effected gas mileage by about 2 mile a gallon. Towed the bikes back and forth from Michigan to Florida for 4 years. A friend of mine bought one at the same time I did and towed his Harley back and forth to Michigan and Florida. He now lives in Tennessee and still uses his to go back and forth from Tennessee to Michigan. Since they fold up for easy storing and only cost $2500 seems like a pretty good deal. They are built really well. They have video's on the web site.

Spyder Garage

The Ultimate seems to be the Cats Meow for an open trailer! Rock and gravel protection, American made, no ramps to mess with, nice unit.

Spyder Garage

Here is one I wish I had looked into before purchasing my Ultimate.
    Lin

https://razortrailers.com/index.htm
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    Lin

Very interesting concept. Wish they had a video of it in operation, have not checked youtube yet.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    Lin

That is very cool !!!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl