Spyder Garage

Default Buying New 17 F3 LTD BUT

I am negotions buying a 2017 new F3 LTD but the dealer is playing games with the price Tell me what you would do I call the dealer and was quoted 17999 for the bike next the salesman tells me the price is acually 16999 I said OK I will buy the bike Then I was told the bike has a 2500 rebate GREAT I got the paper work for the bike and the price of the bike is listed as 19499 LESS THE REBATE of 2500 Am I wrong asking for the rebate to be applied to the 16999 price?

Spyder Garage

All these pricing games...tsk tsk. How about voting with your feet? That's what I would do.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Salesman Games

I would tell the Salesperson the deal is $16,999 less the rebate, ($2500.00)
    So $14,499 is the price.

Of course they will try to get everything else. Name your price range and then see what you get.
    If you are happy with the price, Buy. Don't like the price ...
    WALK ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

As a general rule, just about any business will quote you the lowest price they can, so they will tend to include rebates and any other point of savings that they can. It doesn't sound dishonest to me, but there are other options to consider and I wouldn't be suprised if they still have room to move on the price of a 2017.

This is a good site for reference for a generally good cost, and they have plenty of 2018's for comparisons purposes...
    https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/defa...18&make=can-am

If you have a bad feeling about the dealership, then there is a decent enough chance that you are right.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I think they are offering you a reasonable price according to NADA. Probably $500 additional off their offer would be just right. If it has sat around assembled since 17’ I would negotiate changing out all the fluids as part of the sale.

Spyder Garage

If they have a 2017 ,unused sitting around, they want to get rid of it! Squeeze them for all you can, then a little more, if your good with it buy it! Many more years sitting on the floor, and it will need tires and a battery, from dry rot! Good luck with your sales man!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

What I did not say in the first post. The bike is listed as new. But it has 1900 miles I agree the price is good but I am buying a there old bike that is really a demo. With the BRP warranty I was quoted that price for a NEW bike not a demo. The same dealer has 2018. F3 for 18999

Spyder Garage

get the head guy an salesman out there , walk around it , turn key on , look at mileage ( in a low enough voice ) just say " mmmmm 1900 mile demo " it has been hit on from newbie riders ... tell them you will go with the " 17,000 " and the paper work better have 17,000 ( then they will start the shop offerings at 1100 first in first out , free this and that @ oil change ) if they can not get back to original price turn around and head for the door ... after 3 days they will start to call you again ... ( if they have your phone # )

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    As a general rule, just about any business will quote you the lowest price they can, so they will tend to include rebates and any other point of savings that they can. It doesn't sound dishonest to me, but there are other options to consider and I wouldn't be suprised if they still have room to move on the price of a 2017.

This is a good site for reference for a generally good cost, and they have plenty of 2018's for comparisons purposes...
    https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/defa...18&make=can-am

If you have a bad feeling about the dealership, then there is a decent enough chance that you are right.
    Everything stated above is right on track. But considering people are trying to get more than that for used 2017's, that is not a bad deal.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

The problem is. I am actually paying 19400 and getting taxed for that amount. I am not getting taxed at 16900. This whole thing makes me wonder if is worth it to buy the 17 Ltd verses an 18 Ltd (new) at the price they state as 18999. No mention of rebate taken on them I really wanted a white F3Ltd. The one in question is black. But I also wanted. a 17 Let’s see what happens in the next round of negotiations. Maybe I will ask for. 2500 in accessories.

Spyder Garage

It’s a non conversation: $19k for a 17’. There is a 2019 F3 LTD for $19,999 at my dealer- That is after the $4k rebate is applied.....

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

JMHO, since they didn't tell up front that it was DEMO, I would be very leery of this dealership - Period. … From what I learned on the Forum about Demo bikes, the Factory warranty started when the bike was made a " Demo bike ". ie put in service …. So besides all the other issues, make sure ( in writing ) that you have a full warranty.... The only plus I see here is the 17 still had a decent radio ( if this one has one ) In 18, 19 & probably 20 the radio's as reported on the Forum have serious issues …… good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

I agree with Mike regarding the warranty on the '17. I'd walk on that Spyder and if you're still interested in doing business with that dealership before your next visit cut out a big pair of ears from a manila folder, put slots in them to fit over your ears, write on them so it can be plainly seen, "Bull**** Protector" and walk into the dealership with them on.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Spin, spin, spin, spin.

They have thrown in a lot of prices and are all over the place with rebates, demos, etc. Does the left hand know what the right is doing there???

There are enough bad vibes on this deal, that I would answer with my feet. The dealer trust would be broken for me. Do they sell used cars too?????

These guys make the last two dealers I went to...actually look pretty good.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-31-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I walked. The manager was a little nasty to me so I decided to walk away. Thank all for your advise. It is easy to walk away from this deal because it is really no the color I wanted.

Spyder Garage

I agree with most of the people in here. Just finished negotiations on a car, which in my mind is pretty similar. Took me 3 weeks but I got the price I wanted because they needed to sell me the car more than I needed to buy. This is a new 2017, which is now been on the dealers site for 2 years minimum. I would tell them 14,999 all in or I walk away. Amazing that can happen. We did this on my wife's ryde last year and they ended up at almost her price and through in an additional 3 years of warranty.
    2016 F3-T , Lamonster break pedal extender White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tntnj View Post
    I walked. The manager was a little nasty to me so I decided to walk away. Thank all for your advise. It is easy to walk away from this deal because it is really no the color I wanted.
    Black couldn't be more different than the white you want. Bless you for waiting and being choosy.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Get exactly what you want. Fly to get it, ride home. You will be happier in the end!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tntnj View Post
    Good for you. Given the huge expense of these machines you should never settle....Current rebates expire today- lets see how aggressive they get in the next round.

Spyder Garage

Well things worked out for the best I am buying a 2017 White F3 LTD with only 900 miles and it is still under factory warranty and only 15990 I put the deposit on it And it is only 250 miles away ? Thank you all for your great advise

Ps the sales man texted to see if I still wanted it NH e said it will go fast I told I bought one 4500 cheaper then them

Spyder Garage

Glad it worked out! This sounds like a far better option. Get some miles on it so that any issues come out before the warranty expires. Also be aware that you have to buy an extended warranty BEFORE the regular two year warranty is up - even if you have a longer BRP warranty, those additional years are considered differently, and you won't be eligible to extend when those are completed.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.