Spyder Garage

Default Frunk - how to use the existing latch

Most of the Ryker owners know that the Frunk comes with a latch that is, for some strange reason, not used.
    A website selling parts for rykers has started selling a cable system that will lock the frunk whenever you put the hand brake.
    I thought that it was genius so I bought one set and installed it last week-end.
    That thing works just great - you stop, put down the hand brake and voilą, le frunk is automatically closed.
    Just thought I would share my finding

BTW end of season on my side - snow is already forecasted in 10 days or so...

Spyder Garage

What if you need to get something out of the frunk and you have parked on an incline?
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

That's my question. The regular after market keyed lock is cheaper, easier to install and more common sense.

Spyder Garage

I get that no system is perfect.
    The keyed lock would add another key to the gas key, the case key and the handbrake lock key. That was a big factor for me not having a new key to manage. Just too lazy I guess.
    Just wanted to share what’s in the market for the frunk that should have had a locking system from day 1.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    What if you need to get something out of the frunk and you have parked on an incline?
    You could carry a small wheel chock............ and keep it in the frunk!

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Why hasn't anyone/company with a half a brain made and sold a kit that that contained a frunk lock, fuel lock, & parking brake lock that all used the same key? Too late for a lot of us though we already have our "kit" started with separate keys.
    (Did oil change today at exactly 3100.0 miles, after a warm up ride. 46 degrees)