Spyder Garage

Default Removing the GPS mount

How much plastic (in acres) has to come off to disconnect the GPS mount? I pulled it loose this weekend only to find that the cable goes down into the bars somewhere. So, how far down this rabbit hole is the connection? Tired of looking at this mount on the bars.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I would look into the BRP installation website as it may help

Not sure if this is the one your after

https://instructions.brp.com/content...0912,219400913

Otherwise just put GPS in the search box to see what other options may be available
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

The other end of the cable is at the connectors on the right side behind the fuel tank.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    How much plastic (in acres) has to come off to disconnect the GPS mount? I pulled it loose this weekend only to find that the cable goes down into the bars somewhere. So, how far down this rabbit hole is the connection? Tired of looking at this mount on the bars.
    On our 2014 RT the cable runs to the right side connections close to the side bag. Remove the lower panel (the one that goes into the 3 rubber grommets) and then the mirror , then the side panel, you should be able to find the wire harness by pulling up and down on the mount as you look up towards the handlebars. Once you disconnect the harness try and see if you can pull it out from the top. It may not work as it's a small opening for all those connections to go through.
    Of course you can make that easier by cutting the harness if you do not plan on using it again.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I left mine there and use it a GPS mount or my phone mount, I have pics on my site. I thought about using the power to the old GPS for my phone or the new GPS. I mostly use
    waze on my phone for GPS but it is already in the perfect position to mount the phone or camera.
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Zip down to the Road Warriors benefit rally in Florida, I’ll do it for free! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Dang, sounds like I should have tried to remove it while I had all the plastic off a couple months ago. Oh well, it's not a pressing issue at the moment just an annoyance. I don't even know what model GPS it's for.

Thanks for the offer, I wish I could make it to the rally. Wouldn't mind getting the tryke aligned too.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    If you ever get it off and want to sell it, let me know