Spyder Garage

Default LIDLOX: Excellent product, fantastic customer service

Linda and I love our Lidlox helmet locks and use them all the time. After more than two years of heavy use, one of our lock cylinders won't engage so I sent an email to the company. In less than an hour, on a Saturday morning, I received a reply from Matthew and a new cylinder will be on the way.

With our helmets encumbered by cameras and communicators, they don't easily fit in our storage compartments on the 2016 RT. The Lidlox bar end locks are so easy to use and good looking that we are often asked what they are and how they work. If you're looking for a solution to convenient helmet storage, you need to consider Lidlox. They are a sponsor for this site and deserve our business.
    2020 Spyder RT Limited in Deep Marsala Dark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Right on!

Spyder Garage

I been using a little cable type gun lock that came with a gun I bought maybe 25 or 30 years ago to lock my helmet to the bike. Works good and easy to lock other things if the cable will fit through them.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I appreciate the product and support of Lidlox, but my personal preference was to take a piece of braided wire cable, sheath it in plastic tubing, loop and secure the ends and use a small lock to secure my helmet, coat, etc., to my Spyder.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

Purchased Lidlox this past summer. Only regret is that I waited so long. Great product. When we travel, the bags are full so this is a great solution to avoid schlepping the helmets. I do the cable on my 2 wheelers too for the helmet and jacket. The Lidlox is a clean and integrated solution that is well constructed.
    2012 RT-SE5

Spyder Garage

How do you keep your helmets dry if it’s raining? A helmet bag would have the opening on top and let water in I would think.
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNF3 View Post
    How do you keep your helmets dry if it’s raining? A helmet bag would have the opening on top and let water in I would think.
    Well, I the case or rain, if you had a dogs chock collar, or a cable with two loops, you could loop them threw the d ring so that you could lock them up and flip them up on the handle bars right side up!! Kind of a cluster but they would stay some what dry!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNF3 View Post
    Good question and we've been fortunate not to have to deal with it in several years of riding. If we were stopping to eat, I'd carry them inside. If we're on the road for a long trip I'd make room for them in the trailer.

Spyder Garage

I really like mine - easy and quick to use. I now consider it a must-have for trips when my storage is otherwise being used. In the rare event of rain, I would want to take it in, anyway.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tofriendscreek View Post
    I appreciate the product and support of Lidlox, but my personal preference was to take a piece of braided wire cable, sheath it in plastic tubing, loop and secure the ends and use a small lock to secure my helmet, coat, etc., to my Spyder.
    In case you lose that one, this might save you some time on a replacement.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bike-Cabl...524460a767047c

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Lidlox were on our 2014 RT Limited when we bought it used and I did not even know what they were for about 18 months The metal Ts were tucked away in a mesh pouch in the frunk. Then when I was emptying the frunk out to let it dry from leaking in the rain (a whole 'nuther story) I discovered them and the light came on pretty quickly what they were for.. Anyway, to make a long story short; I always applaud innovative thinking like this even though I am not likely to use them much. The main reason I say that is because I don't like leaving my helmet in the sun, especially in the summer time. It just gets to danged hot here and I don't want that extra heat baking my brain; it's already a bit off anyway--at least according to my wife.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

I've seen them and like the idea of securing the helmet outside of using vital storage - but my concerns are:

1) Pop-up Shower soaking the helmet if you had it hanging there upside down.
    Related but different - maybe an unmerited concern - but trash, or bird poop, or whatever else ending up in the helmet.

2) What do you do with your helmet accessories - do you still take off your comms and camera when you lock your helmet on these things? If not - what keeps someone from taking them even if they can't take the whole helmet?

3) Someone mentioned it above - but sun baking the inside of the helmet since it's hanging upside down.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

We've used LidLox on all of our rides since they came out. We have full face helmets, so not every helmet can do this, but we hook the anchor thru the helmet D-ring and then we hang the helmet on the end of the handlebar so it's not dangling upside down. This prevents the bird poop from getting in the helmet situation. This also prevents all but the very bottom edges of the helmet getting wet during a rain event. If it's raining when we stop, we'd probably carry our helmets instead of locking them, unless we're already soaked... then what's a little more along the edges of the helmet, it's probably already a little wet from the wick-factor of coat collars. We remove our communications/cameras from our helmets. Obviously the mount is still stuck to the helmet, but we remove the removable part. Since we're hanging the helmet on the bar, we also don't have an issue with the sun baking the inside of the helmet.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    I've seen them and like the idea of securing the helmet outside of using vital storage - but my concerns are:

1) Pop-up Shower soaking the helmet if you had it hanging there upside down.
    Related but different - maybe an unmerited concern - but trash, or bird poop, or whatever else ending up in the helmet.

2) What do you do with your helmet accessories - do you still take off your comms and camera when you lock your helmet on these things? If not - what keeps someone from taking them even if they can't take the whole helmet?

3) Someone mentioned it above - but sun baking the inside of the helmet since it's hanging upside down.
    On a couple occasions over the past couple years of using the Lidlox, we've pulled the helmet bags over the helmets after locking them to cover the Sena camera and communicators. Otherwise we've just left them attached with no issues. Perhaps we've been lucky.