Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Tires

Spyder Garage

Hey Everyone !!!

It's funny how to each their own.

I like the OEM tires. Granted, I ride a bit hard.
    I've tried a couple different tires on my RT's in the past and my current F3L.
    I keep going back to the Kendas.
    I'm getting better stick in the corners. The other tires I've tried have been too loose for me.
    As far as highway, haven't had any issues. Seem pretty smooth to me
    Of course, I have to change out my rear tire every 8-9 thousand miles but to me that's worth the grip.

Stay Safe,
    Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Self-explanatory - slips in Reese Hitch

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Based on what users from this Forum have said …. Dry traction very good …. Wet traction good - however many have said the wet traction diminishes starting at about 15,000 mi..... IMHO the wet traction is the most important factor in a rear Spyder tire..... There are much better tires, priced similar, the rear tire does NOT have to be a 225/50-15 ….. ride happy -ride safe …. Mike
    I have a Khumo on the rear and even it only lasts 15,000 miles it's still cheaper to replace mount and balance than one of my truck tires.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

The new Kenda Kanine 20 tires are available now...let's see who tries them out and give a review..

Spyder Garage

I have a 2017 Spyder F3. With all the conversation about tires, I have the urge to replace the front tires with Vredestein. The only size available that's close to the stock 165/55R15 is the 165/60R15. The diameter is .65" larger and I'm hesitant about clearance between the fender and the tire. There's not much room there. The 155/60R15 is really close diameter wise, just sacrificing some width. Has anyone tried this change?

Spyder Garage

I put the 175/55/15 vredestein quatrac 5 on my 2013 Rts yesterday and they fit fine.
    2013 RTS , Quantum Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by German View Post
    I have a 2017 Spyder F3. With all the conversation about tires, I have the urge to replace the front tires with Vredestein. The only size available that's close to the stock 165/55R15 is the 165/60R15. The diameter is .65" larger and I'm hesitant about clearance between the fender and the tire. There's not much room there. The 155/60R15 is really close diameter wise, just sacrificing some width. Has anyone tried this change?
    That's the size I bought - it was about $16.00 less per pair at Tire Rack …….

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If that worries you too much, there are Federal Formoza's or Evo's available in the stock size that work very well.https://www.ebay.com/b/165-55-15-Car...71/bn_86739533
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

I have a pair of Vredesteins waiting for me to install on my F3-S. Gotta believe someone here has these, or other 165/60R's mounted on a F3.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Just put on car tire on my RT....I am very MAD at myself for not doing it sooner! I read all the treads on what tire ect…… I picked what I felt was best for me. I must confer with Lugwig….DO IT!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I have a pair of Vredesteins waiting for me to install on my F3-S. Gotta believe someone here has these, or other 165/60R's mounted on a F3.
    I introduced the members here to the Q-5 about 4 mos. ago ..... approx. 35 - 40 ( or more it's hard to tell ) members have tried them and no one has not really liked them ..... the 165/60 -15 is the perfect size for any Spyder ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    If that worries you too much, there are Federal Formoza's or Evo's available in the stock size that work very well.https://www.ebay.com/b/165-55-15-Car...71/bn_86739533
    Well the 165/60-15 Q-5 fits perfectly ....the 5mm size difference has " zero " effect on fitment .... 5 mm = less than 1/4 in in width ..... the tire / fender clearance ratio will never change ... it's static .... meaning - if it doesn't touch anything when you mount the tire ....It never will ....., Mike