Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default To Those Living In Florida

What are you paying for insurance? I have Progressive with a FULL coverage policy. My renewal, $950, went up $150 with no claim. I just checked with Dairyland, they want $2100. WTF! When I say FULL coverage, I got the works way above minimums. I am using a private agent. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

WOW - …. I think you might want to try a different agent …… good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

I have Foremost insurance. on my '17 RTL. Full coverage an pay around $650. a yr. Need to have good coverage here cause lots of the drivers here now dont have a license or insurance. Last I heard was around 1/3 of drivers that was a few yrs ago. Guy at work wouldnt buy insurance. I know of 3 times he got pulled over by the sheriff an got tickets. He told them car wasnt worth buying insurance. Sheriff write him the ticket an then tell him to go to court an they would cut the fine in half. Thats what he would do. Was still less than buying insurance. And yes he did have a license but suppose to have insurance to drive. An yes the sheriff would let him drive away in his car. Someone has to pick up the tab to help cover what insurers pay out. Its the ones that do pay for insurance. Sorry for my rant on that subject.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    What are you paying for insurance? I have Progressive with a FULL coverage policy. My renewal, $950, went up $150 with no claim. I just checked with Dairyland, they want $2100. WTF! When I say FULL coverage, I got the works way above minimums. I am using a private agent. Tom
    Full coverage on a 2019 F3 Limited through Geico, $399.96 for a year. $100.00 deductible on comprehensive, $250 deductible on collision. This is the 3rd motorcycle that I have had insured by Geico, no claims.
    2019 F3 Limited , Big Bike Parts full size pedal Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

You say you have full coverage. What does that even mean? What's your liability coverage? $25,000 or $1M? How about collision and comprehensive? Is your deductible $100 or $2000? Do you have any accidents? Speeding tickets? DUIs? Where do you live, New York City or Podunk, Nebraska? How much is your Spyder worth? How many miles do you drive in a year? Who else is an authorized driver? These things make a HUGE difference in the cost of insurance.

Because of this, you will never get a worthwhile answer from anybody in this forum. Everyone's situation is different enough that comparisons between individuals are worthless. The only valid comparison is to get several quotes from different insurance agents/companies, same coverages, apples to apples.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

I have full coverage with Progressive and it was $321 a year when I renewed in April. I been with them for about 30 years and never filed a claim. The Spyder is just about the same as I was paying for the 01 Sportster Trike Conversion with an added $5,000 of accessory insurance. I have had no traffic violations or tickets on my record in 30 or 40 years. I think they may be giving me a discount for being retired and older than dirt too.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Default Yikes...!!!

You must have some extras in your kinda full.... Hope your not including replacement cost cause your much better off with true value and adjust that each year as they will only pay you going rate if ever totaled. Deductable will also make the difference... the higher your willing to pay for your repairs the lower the premiums are. Problem being that now-a-days they don't do much repairing.... they will total it for just about any damage....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Geico's got my business, I use progressive for my sleds!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Ryker 600 - Progressive - my limits are generous so I have good coverage - $2k deductible - annual premium $149.92.

Spyder Garage

Answers are in the OP. Florida, No claims, Full as in way above minimum think 250,000-500,000. 2016 so ins. shouldn't be that high. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    You must have some extras in your kinda full.... Hope your not including replacement cost cause your much better off with true value and adjust that each year as they will only pay you going rate if ever totaled. Deductable will also make the difference... the higher your willing to pay for your repairs the lower the premiums are. Problem being that now-a-days they don't do much repairing.... they will total it for just about any damage....
    Might also be because I have higher uninsured, underinsured. Have told them to shop me around. Have everything with Progressive. Tom

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

SAME here in Comifornia.... I went with the ins. from the AMA

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    SAME here in Comifornia.... I went with the ins. from the AMA
    AMA? Will have to looking that one also. The same coverage in PA. was $400. Basically an 8 month policy. Storage for 4 months. Here in Fl., it's 12 months riding. Tom

Spyder Garage

Shopping for insurance sucks, you don't know where to turn, then you have to watch them every year and fight for your discounts and price them out!! And NEVER think they will give you a break if you have done business with them for ever. Good luck Tom, it a crappie job to shop but you have to do it or they will bend you over in a heart beat!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Allstate $300 a year full coverage in Florida on 2019 !
    2019 RT Limited , Mother of Pearl Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Waveridr33 View Post
    Allstate $300 a year full coverage in Florida on 2019 !
    Same here, Allstate, $314 / year. Minimums on PD & PL, $500 deductible on comp and collision.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

StateFarm, 25/50/50 with $250 deductible - $345/year.

Francis
    2019 600 , Haze Blue

Spyder Garage

When I moved to South Florida from New Jersey this past spring, my insurance cost doubled. I guess partly because of the extra days one can ride here. And partly because of all the old farts on the road. ��

David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJS View Post
    When I moved to South Florida from New Jersey this past spring, my insurance cost doubled. I guess partly because of the extra days one can ride here. And partly because of all the old farts on the road. ��

David
    And all the people that move here, that drive at 50mph in the left lane on the highway, then without warning cross all lanes at the last moment, without using a turn signal, but applying the brakes in order to get off at their exit.

From Thanksgiving to Easter driving here is horrible.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    And all the people that move here, that drive at 50mph in the left lane on the highway, then without warning cross all lanes at the last moment, with using a turn signal, but applying the brakes in order to get off at their exit.

From Thanksgiving to Easter driving here is horrible.
    Don't know where you live in FL or how long you've been here, or maybe I'm just feeling defensive today, but of all the states I've live in (and there's been quite a few), Florida is absolutely the best I've ever experienced. I've been here for over 25 years and haven't regretted a minute of it. Great weather year around, no income tax and the lowest cost of living I've ever experienced. To be truthful, the general population demographics are no different than any where else, just your average mix of age groups. Perhaps you live in a high density population area that attracts a lot of snowbirds, well . . no different that any other southern state around the gulf coast. Granted, the population swells during the winter months - which contributes greatly to the states economy and part of the reason you don't pay state income tax. You know what they say, nobody's twisting your arm . . .
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Yup, ACV on a 4 model year old bike. Alsao had my trailer on it. Got it down some. Have her checking with other companies she writes. Dairyland which I had for years is way high, $1270. Crazy swings in price. Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    Don't know where you live in FL or how long you've been here, or maybe I'm just feeling defensive today, but of all the states I've live in (and there's been quite a few), Florida is absolutely the best I've ever experienced. I've been here for over 25 years and haven't regretted a minute of it. Great weather year around, no income tax and the lowest cost of living I've ever experienced. To be truthful, the general population demographics are no different than any where else, just your average mix of age groups. Perhaps you live in a high density population area that attracts a lot of snowbirds, well . . no different that any other southern state around the gulf coast. Granted, the population swells during the winter months - which contributes greatly to the states economy and part of the reason you don't pay state income tax. You know what they say, nobody's twisting your arm . . .
    Actually, moved to West Palm in June of 1983. Florida certainly has the reasons to live here, but experience shows, from Thanksgiving to Easter, the driving gets horrible. No plans to argue the positives vs negatives of suffering with snowbirds. You are so correct that no one is twisting my arm, and because of this, I truly enjoy knowing those people will go home sooner than later.

As I have grown older, I have become less tolerant of the crappy attitudes they bring. No longer do I accept them simply cutting in lines at stores or restaurants, now I call them out and send them to the back of the line. Snowbirds around here can be some of the most obnoxious attitudes to deal with. I avoid Boca Raton at every chance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Yup, ACV on a 4 model year old bike. Alsao had my trailer on it. Got it down some. Have her checking with other companies she writes. Dairyland which I had for years is way high, $1270. Crazy swings in price. Tom

Dairyland went up a lot on our Spyder also. Not sure who we have now, but believe it is Progressive.

Spyder Garage

To update on this. Just spoke to my agent. I had a Cadillac policy that was way over insured for my Spyder. The original agent that signed me up is no longer there. She adjusted by bike policy and it went from $950 down to $406! Same coverage! Much happier now as the new premium is less than what I was paying in PA.. Two years ago!!! Tom

Spyder Garage

That sounds more like it. Around $400 is in the ball park for Spyder insurance in Florida.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver