Spyder Garage

Default RogueHawk, I have a question for you (and maybe others)...

You have/had a thread about living below your means. When you were in the military, did you feel financially secure. I believe I was in long before you, 67-71 active time; the rest reserves. During my active time I felt financially secure, and never thought of being without. When you were in did you feel like you were living paycheck to paycheck?

I guess maybe I felt secure because I had a roof (ship) over my head, 3 meals a day, clothing (issued) and my medical covered, all on Uncle Sam. But, were they free.

I ask you because you have mentioned money a number of times. Don’t get me wrong, I like all the threads you have started, and like you I sometimes think of stuff that really is not a pressing issue.

Spyder Garage

I did feel more secure in the Air Force. It's not 100% guaranteed, but more so than in the civilian world. I have been laid off many times and had several major financial setbacks. I am also alone in this world. No family to help if I get in trouble. I have thought about my spending and in my position it's not super extravagant, but I still need to be watching my pennies better.
    2019 Rally , Black