Spyder Garage

Default top case with passenger seat/back rest?

Hi all,

I just passed my 3 wrc and excited to eventually purchase either a Ryker or Spyder. I rode the Ryker for the course and test, and I was impressed with its handling and stability. I was wondering about a top case and passenger seat with backrest - is it possible add this? I'm looking to ride with my wife on day trips and would like the extra luggage space.

Also - non - related, I am 190lbs, my wife around 120lbs. So I'm wondering about engine size and suspension for longer rides. I like the Ryker because it seems very simple, easy to handle and stable. Just not sure of the size for both of us or the storage and comfort. I will look to demo some models soon, but I appreciate any input before hand.

Thanks

Snayl135
    2019 Rally , Black / Yellow

Spyder Garage

we have now 10.000 miles on our Ryker 900 (no Problems !!)- for 2up I ordered the stronger swaybar and the rear FOX shock (has to be adjusted for the strongest setup !)
    we added a GIVI topcase fixed on a plate on the maxmount - the rear seat cushion is as low as possible and a larger tankbag ..
    the rain-gear is in an extra bag on the side ..
    (and for me the Ryker needs higher handlbars ..much better handling now)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by snayl135 View Post
    Hi all,

I just passed my 3 wrc and excited to eventually purchase either a Ryker or Spyder. I rode the Ryker for the course and test, and I was impressed with its handling and stability. I was wondering about a top case and passenger seat with backrest - is it possible add this? I'm looking to ride with my wife on day trips and would like the extra luggage space.

Also - non - related, I am 190lbs, my wife around 120lbs. So I'm wondering about engine size and suspension for longer rides. I like the Ryker because it seems very simple, easy to handle and stable. Just not sure of the size for both of us or the storage and comfort. I will look to demo some models soon, but I appreciate any input before hand.

Thanks

Snayl135
    My wife and I are about the same as you and we went with the Rally. I was told the Rally would be better for 2-up riding unless I went with the 900 and the 2-up spring.

The amount to upgrade the 900 to what I would get on the stock Rally was why I eventually went with the Rally.

I ended up making my own saddle bag frame and now have a pair of Sedici Saddlebags on mine. The hanging straps for the saddlebags go across the passenger seat but they don't seem to cause any comfort issues.
    Someone else found a way to fasten a bag to the back of their passenger seat "tall" backrest.

Congrats on passing and feel free to poke around and ask questions.

Spyder Garage

thanks for the replies. Love the pics chris56!! That Ryker looks terrific!.

Spyder Garage

I have Rally and I do ride 2 up. Our combine weight is bit lighter then you and your wife's. I added $56 top case from Amazon(looks OEM matched the bike perfectly) and 1/8x3"x20" flat iron plate from Home Depot $17.99 and 8 galvanize screws with bolts $1.99 from HD as well. We love riding our Rally.

Spyder Garage

Switchback- is that top case wired up with the brake lights?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-23-2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Top not too. ;)

Spyder Garage

Switchback- is that top case wired up with the brake lights?
    No its not.

Spyder Garage

Hello Friend.
    Could you explain exactly how you made the support? If you attach an image without the top case I would appreciate it.

Spyder Garage

Not sure if I am allowed to post links to other forums but there is another Ryker forum that has a post from S*******s and they are going to be releasing a 3 piece touring kit for the Ryker.

From the post:

Hey Guys, wanted to share some pics of the luggage system we have coming out for the Ryker & Ryker Rally. This works with the factory BRP Max Mount and Passenger Seat. Features two quick release saddlebags, keyed locks on all 3 bags as well as integrated running lights, turn signals and brake lights. Best of all you can ride with your Passenger!

We're shooting for a retail target of $499 for the kit which includes all 3 bags, mounting brackets and wiring harnesses for lighting. (the brp max mount and passenger seat will be sold separately if needed)
    Expected completion date will be Early January 2020 and we'll of course do an installation video for everyone.

I think what's most exciting about this setup is it turns the Ryker into a touring bike especially with one of our windshields.. at just a fraction of the price of it's older Spyder brothers. We'll be comparing it to the RT & F3 Limited in the video for comparison.

Spyder Garage

This is great. I wish they release it for the holidays so we can have it all wrapped up under the tree.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, it looks nice too. Now I wish I would have waited on adding my custom support brackets and saddlebags. The good thing is it sounds like the top case and mount for it can be purchased at a lower price and then you can add their saddlebags to that if you want. If that's the case, I can just get the top case and mount and still use my saddlebags that I recently purchased.

The kit will be offered in two options. The first option will be just the rear bracket and top case, which extends off the factory Max mount. You could then add the twin saddlebags to "option" one so that you'd have 3 bags total. Our bags will be integrated with brake, running and turn signal light harnesses.. so it'd get a bit messy if we tried integrating with factory bags. It also appears that the factory LinQ case uses the rear passenger seat location and our setup is designed for 2-up riding.

Spyder Garage

The pictures of the set up that I found.

Spyder Garage

thanks for the replies. Love the pics chris56!! That Ryker looks terrific!.
    hopefully my last Job was to bring our "helmets" on one level - it looks so crazy if the passenger sits so much higher .. I added two inch on the comfort seat .. should be finished the next days ..
    (10.000 miles & no problems on ours)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtQsis3FES4
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I'm afraid that if I boosted myself higher then I would appear to be riding a skate board or something. It's bad enough that the OEM windshield doesn't go up high enough to keep the wind out of my face. Still waiting til after the Holidays to fix that problem with a new, higher one. Tried to modify mine by adding some extensions to it but it didn't work out. I like the way yours looks, Chris.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    I like the look of it and price is not bad. Hopefully it will be here soon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback12 View Post
    I like the look of it and price is not bad. Hopefully it will be here soon.
    I will be happy if its ready by next Spring because I won't be riding much more this year.

Spyder Garage

i will buy one of the new linq plates that will allow for any of the 16 inch linq cases from the can am snowmobile lineup

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    Where did you get these? Still working ok?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-25-2020 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phlat5 View Post
    Where did you get these? Still working ok?
    I never got those. Just found them. You can get them at sling mods