Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Authorized for service other than Hallem, PA

Is there anyone in the Harrisburg/Lancaster, PA area for authorized service? I have interacted with 2 service people at ___ Kawasaki. Both had a clearly diminutive affect such that even my 18 yo daughter said to me afterward, "what was with that lady" referring to a woman who registered my Spyder for service yesterday. The other fella was the "Service Manager" with whom I had initially spoken and when I referenced the SpyderLovers site, he referred to this collective as "stupid" and "a bunch of 'whiners" and recommended that I stay away from this site and others like it.

I have been in the practice of medicine for over 20 years and I don't have to tell anyone that customer service is the hallmark of staying in business. The service people at that dealership obviously do not have an ownership interest or they would give all customers "the Disney treatment"!

In any business where you provide the same services as your competition, you only get the repeat customer based upon your customer service model.

If I cannot find a reputable service center, I would rather sell my Spyder, than deal with the sort of personality issues that I observed in these individuals. Yes, I am aware that I can contact the ownership and discuss the issue but the problem with these people is a deep unhappiness at their core and represents an issue not easily corrected. As an aside, their sales staff is both terrific and helpful I didn't even buy the unit from them (bought used).
    Last edited by carbolic; 07-19-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Probably they are reading every post as "guests" trying to learn (slow, due to the transmission time for the eye-hand-neuron) something from this < "stupid" collective and "a bunch of “whiners">. IMHO: try to find another service.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

That's kind of like my dealership six-seven months ago. I discovered, documented and published the linkage between the gear position sensor problems and steering problems. They stated it was internet bunk... in so many words.

Now.... they believe... I think.

However, we... on the internet... do tend to overdo the reactions sometimes... to just a very few incidents. Caution is the word, there.

Last edited by ataDude; 07-19-2009 at 11:43 AM.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps they felt that since your are not really a customer (you didn't buy your Spyder from them,) they have no business to lose and chose not to deal with your issues. Whether these issues were legitimate or not.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carbolic View Post
    Is there anyone in the Harrisburg/Lancaster, PA area for authorized service? I have interacted with 2 service people at ___ Kawasaki. Both had a clearly diminutive affect such that even my 18 yo daughter said to me afterward, "what was with that lady" referring to a woman who registered my Spyder for service yesterday. The other fella was the "Service Manager" with whom I had initially spoken and when I referenced the SpyderLovers site, he referred to this collective as "stupid" and "a bunch of 'whiners" and recommended that I stay away from this site and others like it.

I have been in the practice of medicine for over 20 years and I don't have to tell anyone that customer service is the hallmark of staying in business. The service people at that dealership obviously do not have an ownership interest or they would give all customers "the Disney treatment"!

In any business where you provide the same services as your competition, you only get the repeat customer based upon your customer service model.

If I cannot find a reputable service center, I would rather sell my Spyder, than deal with the sort of personality issues that I observed in these individuals. Yes, I am aware that I can contact the ownership and discuss the issue but the problem with these people is a deep unhappiness at their core and represents an issue not easily corrected. As an aside, their sales staff is both terrific and helpful I didn't even buy the unit from them (bought used).
    there is a dealer in hanover,pa that will deal with any problems you have. give them a call. motosports 717-632-7093