Spyder Garage

Default Seat differences

Hi all I am looking to get an f3 since I recently sold my 2014 RT. I was not comfortable on long rides with the RT. I sat on an f3L and loved the seat. The dealers near me don’t carry all the models so I can’t test drive to see the difference but wanted to know if the seat varies between the different f3 models. I am thinking of going with the sport edition and adding aftermarket removable bags instead of the limited since it has fixed bags.

Thx

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

All of the F3 series models have the same seating. I have noticed that the F3T and F3L block more wind than the F3 and F3S models simply because they have the different dash. But as far as seating position, they are all adjustable and can be set up for your body type.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

After a 1,000 mile trip on my stock F3 , got on the wifes RT with a Ultimate seat. Major difference got to get one for th F3. Its the seat not the bike. Jim

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    All of the F3 series models have the same seating. I have noticed that the F3T and F3L block more wind than the F3 and F3S models simply because they have the different dash. But as far as seating position, they are all adjustable and can be set up for your body type.
    That isn’t quite true. The stock seats are different on the different F3 models, and there are optional seats, like the Cannonball available from BRP. I hated the stock seat on my F3T and replaced it with a Russell Day Long but I just put a couple hundred miles on an 18 F3Ltd and I hated the seat on it even more.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622