Spyder Garage

Default User Power Connectors

BRP provides a couple of power connectors for the use of the vehicle owner; on my 2016 F3-T one is located under the left side cover, and another under the passenger seat. Does anyone know whether these are wired robustly enough to accept the connector for heated gear? And are they fused in any way?

I would normally expect to run my heated gear take-off directly to the battery, but if that left side cover slot would do the trick, it would be a perfect location, and the under seat connector would be a pretty good location choice too.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Pretty sure they are protected by a 7.5 amp fuse. Not robust enough for heated gear nor is the wiring. Wire your heated gear to your battery directly with an outlet from Warm n safe. It can also serve as inlet for a battery tender. My 2016 had an SAE pigtail connected to the battery under the frunk bucket. It had an inline fuse for 7.5 amps which I switched out for 15 amps. That wire is robust enough. If yours did not come with one, see the dealer that you bought it from and demand it gets installed free.

more details ON MY PAGE >click here<.
    heatplug2.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey