Thread: rear seat latch

Spyder Garage

Default rear seat latch

I have a 2016 f3 limited, I can't get my rear seat latch to release, can any help me with any ideas on how to get it to release.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Did you try pushing down on your seat as you hold the button! Just a shot in the dark, if you get it open I would put some wd40 or some thing on the lock and cable, and make sure there's no slack I the cable! Good luck
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Push down on the seat while you push in and turn the key toward the wrench, hold the key and pick up on the seat.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

i've tried both an I steal can't get it open, thank you

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

I can't add to the above suggestions, they are good ones, but once you do get it open, make an emergency release of thin cable, wire or strong nylon cord. Attach a pull at the outer end - I used black plastic valve stem caps. I also put one on the frunk latch. They lie at the sides of the seat and frunk lid. I never had a lockout but read about them so I did it on a preventative measure. No lockouts for this guy!
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome