Thread: Swaybar upgrade

Spyder Garage

Default Swaybar upgrade

Hello all, I have a 2017 F3 limited. I bought it new last year and didn't want to make any suspension mods until I really got comfortable with her and got some miles behind the bars (4200). I was mostly riding 2 up 90% of the time. Then my wife decided she wanted a Ryker so we got her a Rally I typically ride the Ryker in Eco mode off. Now, i know they are different machines and really can't compare them, but riding the identical road, I have noticed the nanny clamps down on the F3 so easily compared to riding the Ryker. I don't feel I am pushing her very hard at all. Would the Bajaron upgrade improve this and cut down on the frequency of nanny cutting in on the fun? I just want to be able to keep up with the wife Thanks for your input!
    2017 F3 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Sway bar wont help dial down the nanny.

Spyder Garage

They are different machines designed with different ryding styles & goals in mind, so it shouldn't be a surprise to find that the Ryker's Nanny IS waaayy more relaxed than the Nanny on the F3's, and the F3 Nanny is a little more relaxed than that on the RT's.... That's just the way the cookie crumbles, and while a BajaRon Anti-sway bar will improve the 'planted' feel of your F3 & will likely make it easier for you to ryde in a manner that lets you feel like you are getting a little closer to the Ryker's style & performance on your F3, you really can't change it all that much nor make it identical!

After all, the CoG of the F3 IS somewhat higher than the Ryker's, it's weight distribution is different, the tire sizes (& probably tread patterns too) are different, the steering assist is different, the gearing is different, and more... So unless YOU (the only real variable in ryding the two machines that you have much real control over ) develop the ryding skills & techniques to allow you to make enough effort & the movements necessary to minimise these differences between the machines, the Nanny on the F3 IS always going to intervene earlier than that on the Ryker because of her pre-defined & set limits - but she's doing it with the aim of keeping you safe & upright & still on three wheels - but if you can learn how to ryde your F3 right out to without passing those limits, you can get very close to just as much fun out of it as you can out of a Ryker!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-19-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Just my 2 cents here:

Good tires and an anti-swaybar up grade help keep the more level in a sharp, high g-load turn. Body position and CG also matter. Just a bit like hanging off a motorcycle. ( light on the pegs hang off the seat with a lowered knee)
    I do shift my weight and lower my CG when I'm hot footin' it it the twisties. On the its-- press on the outside floorboard, inside knee press into the tank and bend inside elbow. I know it sounds like a lot to do but it becomes second nature soon enough---- and it's fun ( Numerous Sierra Nevada passes in my back yard) I've had the nanny kick in---but not that often. ECU up grade makes pulling out of corners so much fun.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    They are different machines designed with different ryding styles & goals in mind, so it shouldn't be a surprise to find that the Ryker's Nanny IS waaayy more relaxed than the Nanny on the F3's, and the F3 Nanny is a little more relaxed than that on the RT's.... That's just the way the cookie crumbles, and while a BajaRon Anti-sway bar will improve the 'planted' feel of your F3 & will likely make it easier for you to ryde in a manner that lets you feel like you are getting a little closer to the Ryker's style & performance on your F3, you really can't change it all that much nor make it identical!

After all, the CoG of the F3 IS somewhat higher than the Ryker's, it's weight distribution is different, the tire sizes (& probably tread patterns too) are different, the steering assist is different, the gearing is different, and more... So unless YOU (the only real variable in ryding the two machines that you have much real control over ) develop the ryding skills & techniques to allow you to make enough effort & the movements necessary to minimise these differences between the machines, the Nanny on the F3 IS always going to intervene earlier than that on the Ryker because of her pre-defined & set limits - but she's doing it with the aim of keeping you safe & upright & still on three wheels - but if you can learn how to ryde your F3 right out to without passing those limits, you can get very close to just as much fun out of it as you can out of a Ryker!
    Ever since I added the Ryker I Instantly stated to drive the F3 Much harder! They can both conquer the identical back roads with the Same satisfaction. The F3 you have power and you add finesse. The Ryker Great Acceleration and quickness. I Usually just alternate them so I don't hurt their feelings?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SmoovOpRatoR View Post
    Sway bar wont help dial down the nanny.
    Not sure where you got this information. But it is incorrect. The sway bar upgrade will do quite a bit to tone down the Nanny. After the sway bar upgrade the Nanny will come in later and more mildly when it does kick in.

There are other things you can do to tone down the Nanny. Riding smoothly helps. There is a saying that is true. 'Smooth is Fast'.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...